corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Scammed, what would you guys do if you got scammed for £20?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Scammed, what would you guys do if you got scammed for £20?
richc

User status: Offline
5th Jan 09 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SR-91
quote:
Originally posted by mobby
quote:
I told him the date the courier was meant to collect,he said he has waited in all day but nobody has arrived for them. As the same with the next day...

Then I asked Mobby if the courier was going to come and he said he had a mix up with people, hence I don't think the courier has been sent.

the first day you said he had to go out. and the second day he went work and left his mate round there! there was no mix up.

The first day he stayed in all day, the second he had to go out so he left a mate at his house waiting...

How do you know this. Its not in the guys interest is it really because he will already have your money!

From what has been said from everyone, i dont see what mobby has done wrong.

Lets look at it this way:

What if you SR-91 was the driver and mobby said to you go and collect these alloys, and then you turn up at the house serveral time and nobody is in. You then drive home and you say to mobby no body was in. You would still expect him to pay you because of your time, fuel , effort etc.
You wouldnt turn around and said no its ok dont pay me.
SR91

5th Jan 09 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But I wouldn't charge the full £20 either. Even if he has gone to the house, which I've been given no evidence he has, he still hasn't done the complete job, so why charge the complete amount?
Mobby

5th Jan 09 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

because i still get charged the complete amount. if i ripped you off why didnt i just arrange for your items to come to me????
richc

6th Jan 09 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
But I wouldn't charge the full £20 either. Even if he has gone to the house, which I've been given no evidence he has, he still hasn't done the complete job, so why charge the complete amount?

Its not him is it. Its a sub contractor. He gets charged the fee from the contractor.

I dont think you understand business.
chr15barn3s

6th Jan 09 at 01:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair £20 is a bit steep for a failed collection I feel. We pay £7.00.

However the driver collecting should have left a card each time he attempts to collect and nobody is there and not just clear off, unproffesional if he didn't imo.

But then the other person should of made sure they were in, however this can't be proven if they were there or not or even if the driver turned up if nothing has been left to say so.
Ren

6th Jan 09 at 01:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't dislike Mobby, neither do I like him. I simply do not have an opinion of him, but I'm in agreement with Mobby in this case. This thread is also ridiculous, as it should of been sorted out with Mobby and possibly Ian via U2U.

I don't think Mobby should refund any money whatsoever as by the looks of things, it's not his fault at all. And to chr15barn3s, £20 is fair I'd say - because it wasn't just one failed collection. It was three.

SR-91, you need to sort it out with the guy who's selling the alloys, because it sounds a bit dodgy. Leaving your mate at your house to pass over some alloys because you know you're not going to be in? Seems very convienent tbh, especially since for each of the three days, there's three different excuses.

Don't forget, you only have his word against Mobbys... and like someone else said, Mobby has had plenty of dealings with other CS members and no-one else is complaining.
barter

6th Jan 09 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by k3vmcb
wud spk to site admistrator.and then take it from there with the namein and shamein

[Edited on 04-01-2009 by k3vmcb]

will it f u c k.i pm'd ian about me getting scammed and he done nout
richc

6th Jan 09 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by barter
quote:
wud spk to site admistrator.and then take it from there with the namein and shamein

He isnt the police you know. He just has the rights to this site
Kevxx

6th Jan 09 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i work for fed ex, and if we don't leave proof we went to the house it results in bad stuff...so there should be 3 cards for proof if mobby is up to something, being honest seems the 3rd party is pissing you about mate and mobby is right.
Jenko_Sport

6th Jan 09 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kevxx
i work for fed ex, and if we don't leave proof we went to the house it results in bad stuff...so there should be 3 cards for proof if mobby is up to something, being honest seems the 3rd party is pissing you about mate and mobby is right.

I used to have work from amtrak and can also back this up.
barter

6th Jan 09 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc
quote:
quote:

lucky this aint rocket science wat u think i was trying to find out?
richc

6th Jan 09 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by richc
quote:
quote:

lucky this aint rocket science wat u think i was trying to find out?

Your lucky this isnt a spelling test, never mind rocket science!
barter

6th Jan 09 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate if theres one thing im bad at its spelling.im a txt type of person.lol

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Scammed, what would you guys do if you got scammed for £20? 22 database queries in 0.0108640 seconds