corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Clio 182

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Clio 182
mattfiesta

User status: Offline
27th Feb 09 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know mel with the clio and i guess your talking about pillie with the mini? didnt know it was a jcw. They are real people though
Butler

27th Feb 09 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive never driven a 182, but from going out in Fads id say I was a little let down. Granted it was quick but they dont seem like much fun to drive. Not as compared with my 106 anyway.
John

27th Feb 09 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are very dissapointing cars in general unless you want a car that's bad in all respects apart from being fairly fast round corners and quickish if you rev the nuts off it.
mattk

27th Feb 09 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
I'll rather listen to decent motoring press over this guy

EVO EVO EVO EVO EVO EVO EVO EVO EVO EVO
Fad

27th Feb 09 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
Ive never driven a 182, but from going out in Fads id say I was a little let down. Granted it was quick but they dont seem like much fun to drive. Not as compared with my 106 anyway.

Remebr though there is always a comprimise when its an every day road car you loose that rawness. Plus your 106 has Bilsteins and a cage

I do know what you are saying though

And clearly John disliked his and its a very marmite car you either love it or hate it.
Fad

27th Feb 09 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
quote:
Originally posted by Fad
I'll rather listen to decent motoring press over this guy

EVO EVO EVO EVO EVO EVO EVO EVO EVO EVO

If you say that a few more times they may just give you a job
mattk

27th Feb 09 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ouch
Dione J

27th Feb 09 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Evo's are the dog's when it comes to straight out the box handling though - they are immense.
Fad

27th Feb 09 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
ouch

Sorry
mattk

27th Feb 09 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eck
Premium Member

27th Feb 09 at 12:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
quote:
Originally posted by Fad
Sounds like you've owned some cars

Cool? brabus roadster, new shape mini and lupo's are all girls cars lol!

6k on a car id rather get an s3, will hold its money, be faster, handle better, better equipped, better built, safer...

It won't be much faster in a straight line at all, and it most certainly won't handle better And if it's a pre 2005 Clio it'll have the same Ncap safety rating, and post 05 a better one
DizzyRebel

27th Feb 09 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattfiesta
I know mel with the clio and i guess your talking about pillie with the mini? didnt know it was a jcw. They are real people though

Thankyou lol, and its got the jcw performance pack on it. mels mate layla has the lupo and another lass from lincoln called tanya has one of those smart roadsters
Butler

27th Feb 09 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
quote:

Remebr though there is always a comprimise when its an every day road car you loose that rawness. Plus your 106 has Bilsteins and a cage

I do know what you are saying though

And clearly John disliked his and its a very marmite car you either love it or hate it.

I know mate, I know. Its hard car to replace in terms of fun factor, I still want the clio though.
sxi boy

27th Feb 09 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've owned my clio 182 for coming up to 3 years and its by far the best car I've had.
I've owned corsas, clio 16v, saxo vts and driven most host hatches of the last 5 years.

For an 'out of the box' hot hatch I would argue that you will struggle to match the performance and handling and day to day usability for the money.

I'm highly amused reading this thread, I haven't posted on corsapsort for years but I feel compelled to post in this thread.

I would invite all doubters to compare technical data in the back of EVO magazine with similar cars in its' class.

Also bear in mind that EVO rate the Clio 182 trophy as the 2nd best handling FWD car ever, and rate the clio 182 as 'the best hot hatch ever'

The audi s3 is a tank and audi's/VW's/Seat's of that generation handled as such! My cousin had a 212bhp 20VT Ibiza Cupra that was silly quick . . . . in a straight line, even on coilovers is didn't handle (incidentally, he now owns a 182 as well and rates it as the best car he's had)

Its not a perfect car, and its' not the last word in performance, but I drive everywhere with a smile on my face and I'd reccommend it to anyone
Butler

27th Feb 09 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was it EVO who rated the ITR DC2 as the best handling car? Im pretty split between the two, might actually make a separate thread.
sxi boy

27th Feb 09 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Was it EVO who rated the ITR DC2 as the best handling car? Im pretty split between the two, might actually make a separate thread.

Yup it was
Butler

27th Feb 09 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one. They came with an LSD as standard though am I right? Also the longer wheel base will be a contributing factor. Imagine theres not much between an ITR and a 182 in a straight line though.
DizzyRebel

27th Feb 09 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

EVO is not the last word in performance you know, just because an EVO journalist likes a car does not mean its the best thing since sliced bread. a lot of motoring press is biassed in some way or another so i tend not to read it.

ITR is supposed to be the best handling fwd car so ill stick with that. but fwd is still only a compromise no matter what. RWD is still the fastest way forwards or round a bend
John

27th Feb 09 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Back to google again dizzy, cars like the megane and the focus RS are doing their best to dispel that myth.
Baskey

27th Feb 09 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got done by an itr in a straight line

Quick cars

[Edited on 27-02-2009 by Baskey]
gavin18787
Premium Member

27th Feb 09 at 13:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dizzy what would you buy as an every day standard car then that also had to be fun?

As I really cant see the s3 been that much fun. I have driven one and it felt very heavy and lazy compared to the 182. Granted it had grip a plenty but wasnt fun at all.

Also I always thought that the 182's had independant rear suspension

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
DizzyRebel

27th Feb 09 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Back to google again dizzy, cars like the megane and the focus RS are doing their best to dispel that myth.

really pisses me off when people accuse me of google quoting, maybe you dont have he knowledge or intelligence to form a decent discussion - but that doesnt mean i dont...

Baskey

27th Feb 09 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they have independant shocks and spings on a fixed bar, the older Clio valvers have torsion bars.

Dizzys getting confused thinking all cars that don't have indepedant suspension have torsion bars

gavin18787
Premium Member

27th Feb 09 at 13:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need to get under mine this afternoon to sort something. Want to have a look to see if it has a beam. Which I think it has but is marketed as fully independant

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Fad

27th Feb 09 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Baskey
they have independant shocks and spings on a fixed bar, the older Clio valvers have torsion bars.

Dizzys getting confused thinking all cars that don't have indepedant suspension have torsion bars

Thats some intelligence

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Clio 182 23 database queries in 0.0182910 seconds