corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » That Nurburgring video with the Corsa 1.8 nearly hitting the 911 and bikers

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author That Nurburgring video with the Corsa 1.8 nearly hitting the 911 and bikers
mwg

User status: Offline
8th Mar 09 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could argue that aswell I guess. All this sort of stuff puts me off doing track days, cant trust other peoples driving. Plus the fact my car isn't the sort of car I'd want to take round
xa0s
Banned

8th Mar 09 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good driver IMO... If you don't want him up your arse then move out of the way... It's simple really! Why should he be held up if you're slow?

If someone was blatantly quicker than me, I'd move out of the way so we're both safe. Why should he have to go at your speed?
Paul_J

8th Mar 09 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be honest 'nurburgring' isn't like most track days...

Most track days have strict rules that the marshals enforce... like no overtaking going into braking zones or through corners... no wreckless driving etc.

track days are fairly safe.

Nurburgring well It's the risk you take of going, but it's known to be crowded, pretty much anything goes and you get Ps2 hero's who've watched top gear, played their ps2, never done a track day - trying to get round as fast as they can.
CorsAsh

8th Mar 09 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by xa0s
Good driver IMO... If you don't want him up your arse then move out of the way... It's simple really! Why should he be held up if you're slow?

Because as you know, cars and bikes have different lines, why should you fuck up hitting the apex just because you've got some tosser trying to get by you on a bend who you'll just end up overtaking again on the exit?
Nic Barnes

8th Mar 09 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
quote:

Because as you know, cars and bikes have different lines, why should you fuck up hitting the apex just because you've got some tosser trying to get by you on a bend who you'll just end up overtaking again on the exit?

or, if you know as most bikers do you cant go round corners as quick as cars car, wait behind it till the next straight instead of nipping infron at the corner then causing the car to have to slow down far quicker?

i cant believe nobody is even noticing this and just saying how shit the driver of the corsa was.

you cannot tell me those bikers jumoing infront of a car before a bend then hammering the brakes on is safe at all is it?
mattk

8th Mar 09 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone was at fault, they should have left their egos at the gate
CorsAsh

8th Mar 09 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:
quote:

or, if you know as most bikers do you cant go round corners as quick as cars car, wait behind it till the next straight instead of nipping infron at the corner then causing the car to have to slow down far quicker?

i cant believe nobody is even noticing this and just saying how shit the driver of the corsa was.

you cannot tell me those bikers jumoing infront of a car before a bend then hammering the brakes on is safe at all is it?

Swings and roundabouts Nic. And I'm not saying he's shit, just that he's taking unnecessary risks on a track that's risky enough already For instance the bit with the Porsche, you can see he's being held up by the bikes so why climb all over his arse?
Nic Barnes

8th Mar 09 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also, wtf was that astar estate? thats was long long long gone.
xa0s
Banned

8th Mar 09 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I wouldn't say car and bikes have different lines as such... The racing line will always be the racing line. It's just cars are wider so they can't go as 'straight' through the bends...

If they didn't want him up his arse, why not just pull over? They wouldn't catch him back up because they weren't loosing him when he was up their arse!

We've all got different speeds and different car speeds... Why ruin it for others? If I'm quicker than the car/bike in front, I'll overtake. If I'm slower than the car/bike behind me, I'll pull over and let him overtake.

Simple really, it's not a race.
M16KE B

8th Mar 09 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be perfectly honest i cant see anything wrong with the lad in the corsas driving or track etiquete. its the tools on the bikes that are at fault. perfect expample f why cars and bikes shouldnt be on the same track at the same time.

also, the knob head in the porsche should have been able to pull away, if hes smart enough to overtake in the 1st place he shoul be able to keep him comfortably behind not just back off like some faggot!
Joe

8th Mar 09 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any details on the Corsa? Looks fucking quick to be fair.
big eck

8th Mar 09 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All this talk of the ring not bein a race track is complete bollocks lol, yea legally its a public road but can you honesty tell me that everyone that goes does not race against each other or stick to the speed limits lol.

EVERYONE knows its an old race track and most people that go there go to push there cars/bikes to the limit.

The ones that go for a quiet drive around MUST be fully aware that most people that go are gonna come flying past and they should be aware of this.

Show me one video clip of the ring that someone has posted in the last year that DOESNT show someone racing???

[Edited on 08-03-2009 by big eck]
DannyB
Premium Member

8th Mar 09 at 16:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
Any details on the Corsa? Looks fucking quick to be fair.

Ebay electric supercharger.
BarnshaW

8th Mar 09 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also seems like some people in this thread who have been to the "ring" a couple of times and that then makes THEM an expert on this.
Ojc

8th Mar 09 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
All this talk of the ring not bein a race track is complete bollocks lol, yea legally its a public road but can you honesty tell me that everyone that goes does not race against each other or stick to the speed limits lol.

EVERYONE knows its an old race track and most people that go there go to push there cars/bikes to the limit.

The ones that go for a quiet drive around MUST be fully aware that most people that go are gonna come flying past and they should be aware of this.

Show me one video clip of the ring that someone has posted in the last year that DOESNT show someone racing???

A TINY minority of people go there and act like prats, you don't see ANY racing. I've never seen racing when I've been there, I've seen people going faster than others but no racing.
Ojc

8th Mar 09 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
also seems like some people in this thread who have been to the "ring" a couple of times and that then makes THEM an expert on this.

I'd would say we are experts in relation to the other idiots in this thread that are just giving their worst guesses at to what happens.
BarnshaW

8th Mar 09 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i never for one moment suggested you oliver
16vKarlos

8th Mar 09 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like fuck i will be going over.. thats stupid
Ojc

8th Mar 09 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 16vKarlos

That is the WORST video I have seen, other than the 7 second 'Ring king.
Ben G

8th Mar 09 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the bikers look just as bad as the corsa to be fair.

but when they get on the straights, it's comical the way the corsa just looks like it's standing still

was a bit close to the m3/911 and the bikers at times though.

tigra-tb just gave me the biggest laugh of the day what an idiot.
scoob
Premium Member

8th Mar 09 at 17:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
Originally posted by 16vKarlos

That is the WORST video I have seen, other than the 7 second 'Ring king.

wooo were at the ring! crash!!

[Edited on 08-03-2009 by scoob]
jr

8th Mar 09 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

me by any chance ?

if so no, not at all, im on the very start of knowledge and skill over there, doesnt stop me knowing 100000 more than tigra tb though, and also pointing out obvious errors in his claims of what he knows about the place

[Edited on 08-03-2009 by jr]
sand-eel

8th Mar 09 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4Qxic6qj3E

7 second one
big eck

8th Mar 09 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
Originally posted by big eck

A TINY minority of people go there and act like prats, you don't see ANY racing. I've never seen racing when I've been there, I've seen people going faster than others but no racing.

It all depends on what some people define as "racing" When most people go over they try to get round as quickly as possible to test there car/bike/driving skill, this could be seen as racing if you know what I mean.

If you were behind someone for instance, they had a car similar to yours and roughly the same performance your HONESTLY saying that you wouldnt be tempted to have a bit of sport with them???
CorsAsh

8th Mar 09 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:

me by any chance ?

if so no, not at all, im on the very start of knowledge and skill over there, doesnt stop me knowing 100000 more than tigra tb though, and also pointing out obvious errors in his claims of what he knows about the place

Exactly. Steep learning curve.

[Edited on 08-03-2009 by CorsAsh]

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » That Nurburgring video with the Corsa 1.8 nearly hitting the 911 and bikers 22 database queries in 0.0183020 seconds