corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Standard Corsa LET Vs

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Standard Corsa LET Vs
Graham88

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 09 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxItGW8XDtw
Daimo B

23rd Mar 09 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5 spoke magnesium alloys????
Twin shock rear suspension
Polished suspension

Pimp!
Daimo B

23rd Mar 09 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxItGW8XDtw

1000cc

they can keep dreaming.

600cc, I can see it being fairly close on an older 600cc.

1000cc though is a different leage. If an 2-3 year old R1 only looses out to a Veyron, I cannot see ANY astra (bar drag spec) getting even close.

I really need to look through some old CD's I burnt. Im sure i've got this Mk2 Astra whooping a steel frame CBR's ass in various gears (good 3-5 min video, getting up to a real 160mph id say).

Rememer the older steel frame, green and yellow paintjobs. Around a 1997-2000 bike.

Newer ones, 120bhp, 170kg, 50lb ft torque...... = Proper quick.
Nic Barnes

23rd Mar 09 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why does everyone says no vauxhalls are fast?

are they not allowed to be?

you are also commenting knowing nothing of the astra in the video. which i find a bit odd.

[Edited on 23-03-2009 by Nic Barnes]
Daimo B

23rd Mar 09 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nic, i haven't said vauxhalls arn't fast.

I've said that no vauxhall will keep up with a 1000cc superbike.

Unless you know of any 180+mph Vauxhalls commonly knocking around as much as a 1000cc superbike does?

0-100mph in under 6 seconds.

0-60 in 3.3 seconds
0-150mph in ?? seconds, but it'll be around 10-15 seconds.

NO vauxhall is keeping up with that, unless your talking 1000bhp Monaros that can run 10.5's on the 1/4.......
Daimo B

23rd Mar 09 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In fact...... Tell me what standard, OR tuned vauxhall can match these statistics....

0 - 150mph:
Veyron: 11.67 secs
GSXR-R1000: 10.60secs
Standing 1/4 mile = 10.90 seconds @ 141.58mph

Not being funny Nick, I love my vauxhalls, but the blinkers havee really ot to go.

Yours is very fast, and theres even faster corsas scattered around the world, but it really would take some serious special bit of C20LET kit to take on a 1000cc superbike.

[Edited on 23-03-2009 by VXR]
Nic Barnes

23rd Mar 09 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but that astra is 740 odd bhp. which makes it more bhp/tonne than a veyron. and as you said, the veyron is quicker than the bikes..............

your not actually taking into account the astra at all. or what it is. you just write it off as impossible as soon as you read thw word bike.

the video isnt a standing start. cars have far more chance from a rolling start. you have ever in your life drivin a high powered let. although you might have had bikes. you cant simply dismiss something you cant comprehend. your wifes car isnt a fast c20let. it doesnt count that you have driven that.

that astra runs in the 10's anyway....................

(give things a chance before you say its never possible. atleast take time to think about the car in question before slagging and abusing)
Daimo B

23rd Mar 09 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not just about power though Nick....

Areodynamics play a HUGE part in 150+ speeds. Bit like Audio, when you hit 145db, you kinda need double the power to gain more db.

I haven't thrown off the astra at all, i like BOTH hence the un-biased opinion...............

She isn't my wife yet, and as I'VE (as in ME already stated, not you), i know hers isn't fast and any comparison i've made of her car has always stated that its in standard guise. Stop trying to be picky.

Slaggin and abusing, nic, grow up ffs. Don't turn back into the person you did bfore you got banned before.

So, that astra has more bhp per tonne than a veyron, so it must be faster yeah??

Now tell me what YOU know of that astra, how well it puts the power down compared to a veyron, or a motorcycle.

Your right, the most powerfull LET i've been in had around 350bhp, much less than yours, but i've been in cars with over 500bhp, which although doesnt take power Vs weight, they are still fast cars.

So yes Nick, im having a discussion with some fact.

Now also tell me the available powerband? Any lag? Power range of 2-3000rpm due to a large turbo on a small cc engine???

Now powerband of a motorcycle

Powerband of a veyron...

Usable power in the veyron and bike? Usable power in the astra???????

Theres more to it than simple power power power.

Try to keep it civil without getting petty too Nick. I have, I expect the same.

Nic Barnes

23rd Mar 09 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was referring to your dream on comment. its an un-educated comment made by someone who doesnt know anything about the astra in question. im sorry to doubt you and your knowledge of high powered cars. it wasnt the intentions at all.

all im saying is, youve judged the astra without knowing anything of it. i dont know a great deal about it myself. i just wont wont state right away "dream on" as if its never possible.
Wrighty

23rd Mar 09 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
why does everyone says no vauxhalls are fast?

[Edited on 23-03-2009 by Nic Barnes]

yes yes, i think they are. a let corsa is FAST, yours is immense to say the least but its a matter of simply power to weight - hooge engine in a small hatch + bish bosh a fast car

what winds me up is when people think they have let corsa/astra etc and think its the fastest car in the world - its not, For example, Fruitbooter in your project thread say 'that impreza got pwned' yes, you beat a pretty stock uk scoob (probs still @ 235bhp) of course your going to win, its like a motorbike vs a push bike - who would win? the one with the engine of course

but race a LET corsa against a car with the equivelant work on an impreza and see who gets owned
Nic Barnes

23rd Mar 09 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that impreza was 300 odd wrighty so the owner said.
Nic Barnes

23rd Mar 09 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/projects-restorations/362896-astra-gsi-turbo-740ps.html

there is the thread on migweb about the astra daimo. it even has the link to the video against the bike in it.
P1CK4D

23rd Mar 09 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
but race a LET corsa against a car with the equivelant work on an impreza and see who gets owned

Depends what state of tune the LET Corsa has. A standard engined LET corsa will beat an standard engined impreza of equivilant power.
Mo

23rd Mar 09 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by P1CK4D
quote:

Depends what state of tune the LET Corsa has. A standard engined LET corsa will beat an standard engined impreza of equivilant power.

i was thinking that too
Nic Barnes

23rd Mar 09 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah exactly p1ck4d.

im amazed at wrighty for even saying such a stupid thing.
Nic Barnes

23rd Mar 09 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

rolling start? corsa ll day long.
Daimo B

23rd Mar 09 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i was referring to your dream on comment. its an un-educated comment made by someone who doesnt know anything about the astra in question. im sorry to doubt you and your knowledge of high powered cars. it wasnt the intentions at all.

all im saying is, youve judged the astra without knowing anything of it. i dont know a great deal about it myself. i just wont wont state right away "dream on" as if its never possible.

The Astra won't keep up with the bike at top speed. Areodynamics of the car means all of the 700bhp+ is needed to get to higher speeds. Thats not to say it won't see 170 ish, but its still slower than the bike.

It won't get to 60mph in 3.3, NO FWD car will do that.
It won't get to 100mph in 6, FWD would need drag specs to get that.

Im going on simple numbers, not how 1 rider performed in a straightline night sprint. The FWD astra will simple NOT keep up. That video is no-where near good enough to see what happens at take off properly.

Maybe from a decent rolling start, the astra will be there from 50-150, but after that no way. It will not keep up with a 1000cc supebike.

Ride one, compare your car. Although i've not been in a 500bhp LET (as mentioned), ive been other cars with similar power and have used this experience and relative information to basis my opinion.

Its my opinion.
Daimo B

23rd Mar 09 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8UzrX2K0-0

Biker with no skidlid...

car accelerates.

Bike blips throttle and dissapears with acceleration to the left.

comesoff throttle and lets the car go, but look how quickley it goes past at the start then backs straight off...

Again, whilst its all relative, and its a rubbish vidoeo, it makes your arguement for the astra only as strong as my argument for the bike.

Really, neither of us know, and its pure opinion.

If someones happy to lend me a 1000cc superbike, i'd quite happily take you on a stretch of road to find out

Nic Barnes

23rd Mar 09 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

Maybe from a decent rolling start, the astra will be there from 50-150, but after that no way. It will not keep up with a 1000cc supebike.

im not going to argue with you, as even if i was right, id never be able to convince you.

im assuming you havent bothered to look at the migweb thread. that video was from 80mph to 160mph with the astra vs the bike. and yes, thats from a rolling start obviously.

and from the above comment of saying the astra will be there from 50-150, i actually imagine you havent even watched the video, or clicked the migweb link and have absolutely no idea what car is in question.

have a nice evening.
Daimo B

23rd Mar 09 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh yes, i have. the fact i've replied before you have makes your last comments look like you really after an internet keybored war

And thats a 1998 100 ish bhp, 200kg CBR600RR Steel frame.

A different era of technology from todays bikes. a 600cc of today would whoop that 600's ass off the planet.

Nic Barnes

23rd Mar 09 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah right cool. just so i know youve actually watched the video against the astra.
Daimo B

23rd Mar 09 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes.

Lets just leave it at that Nic. You think Vauxhalls engines can be tuned to beat anything, I believe a standard £7k motorcycle can still beat it.

You think one thing, I think the other. Leave it at that.
Nic Barnes

23rd Mar 09 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Yes.

Lets just leave it at that Nic. You think Vauxhalls engines can be tuned to beat anything, I believe a standard £7k motorcycle can still beat it.

You think one thing, I think the other. Leave it at that.

as i say, have a nice evening. its been a pleasant non aggresive discussion.
Daimo B

23rd Mar 09 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What im more interested in is how the Greeks manage to get so much more power out of an engine than practically everyone else.

Cossies with 1500bhp....
Supras like like 1500+bhp etc....

Wrighty

23rd Mar 09 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
that impreza was 300 odd wrighty so the owner said.

be why ya beat it then barnsey

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Standard Corsa LET Vs 22 database queries in 0.0157819 seconds