corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » aprilia rs 125

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author aprilia rs 125
Root

User status: Offline
15th Jun 09 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Adam, you'll be able to ride a 50cc moped under car license I think (used to anyway).

you need a CBT to ride anything

Not if you passed your car license before a certain year. Then you can ride mopeds or something up to 125cc or something like that. Think it's 1999 but I'm not sure so do research first
Daimo B

15th Jun 09 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root
I wasn't trying to get into a heated argunment here, Mito's do have better braking than RS's.

It's his choice whatever fucking bike he wants, if he gets an Aprilia it'll be a good bike or a moneypit, but its' a gamble unless you take the engine apart and inspect the piston rings and so on. Just gotta be careful if he buys a rs cus they are a boy racer's bike and they do get hammered quite a lot is all I was saying

calm down sweetie, don't get those new pubic hairs in a twist. I was having a conversation with Oli and Dizzy. Calm down and get a beer, i'd suggest Root Beer....

Mattk, re-read the last few words
jr

15th Jun 09 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I'll go get a copy later.

It is an RS125 though?

yea sorry rs125
Root

15th Jun 09 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
I wasn't trying to get into a heated argunment here, Mito's do have better braking than RS's.

It's his choice whatever fucking bike he wants, if he gets an Aprilia it'll be a good bike or a moneypit, but its' a gamble unless you take the engine apart and inspect the piston rings and so on. Just gotta be careful if he buys a rs cus they are a boy racer's bike and they do get hammered quite a lot is all I was saying

calm down sweetie, don't get those new pubic hairs in a twist. I was having a conversation with Oli and Dizzy. Calm down and get a beer, i'd suggest Root Beer....

Mattk, re-read the last few words

sorry, not that way inclined.
im 20 not 13.
LOLomgfgroflcakezBBQwelldone. No, i'm not american, it's root because it's to do with the root account on linux OS's. Getting 'root' access on a box.

Ojc

15th Jun 09 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd never buy a Cagiva Mito, they have that shite 7 speed gearbox which is made of chocolate and they look crap, really toyish compared with the RS.

My mate bought one when we all had Aprilias, it had Lucky Strike sticker set and looked gash and broke down the day he bought it.
dannymccann

16th Jun 09 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

7 speed Im not a huge fan of the 6 speed on the RS, would prefer 5 but I guess it helps with the acceleration
DaveyLC

16th Jun 09 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Adam, you'll be able to ride a 50cc moped under car license I think (used to anyway).

Not if you passed your car license before a certain year. Then you can ride mopeds or something up to 125cc or something like that. Think it's 1999 but I'm not sure so do research first

if you've got f,k,p on your license you can ride up to 50cc with no L plates.
Ben-B

16th Jun 09 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
Originally posted by Br.ANDO
theres always this..

http://www.yamaha-motor.de/designcafe/de/Images/03%202008_YZF-R125%20PS%2003b%20med_tcm74-229002.jpg

yamaha tzr 125cc, i had a tzr50 which was a great bike and very reliable. as said, you need to top them up with oil often otherwise you shouldnt see that many problems with them

[Edited on 15-06-2009 by Br.ANDO]

I have to admit they do look pretty cool for a 125.. But its still a 125

yea, but for a first bike
DaveyLC

16th Jun 09 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did have a 125 for my first bike but it was an old TZR125L (this was in the 90's) and didnt cost me much.. IMHO you are much better off getting something cheap and reliable to simply get practice on then go and do your full test and get something bigger..

The CBT only lasts two years and no one really wants to be stuck on a 125.
harrisp

16th Jun 09 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by VXR

if you've got f,k,p on your license you can ride up to 50cc with no L plates.

You sure? Because Ive got that on my license and I only passed last year.
DaveyLC

16th Jun 09 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

f: Roadroller.
k: Moped.
p: Pedestrian controlled vehicle.
harrisp

16th Jun 09 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
f: Roadroller.
k: Moped.
p: Pedestrian controlled vehicle.

Just checked and you are right, but P is moped.
Does that mean I dont need a CBT for a 50cc bike?
DaveyLC

16th Jun 09 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep as long as there are no other codes listed next to it
richc

16th Jun 09 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I don't like big bikes, end of story, and 400's aren't fast. A VFR-400 which is supposed to be the best 400 isn't much faster than a 125cc

I have a 400 and i assure you its alot faster haven riden both.

The 400 makes double the power (55 or so bhp compaired to the 28 of the aprillia, with not much more weight)

OJC, having not knowing you, but seeing what you like to get up to (astra vxr, regualr track days, the ring etc), i think you will seriously regret a 125. Yes they might handle good, but you have to give them death, and even so they arent that great then. I think you remeber the good old days when you were younger, but in reality they just dont cut it.

3 of my friends all went out and bought the new RS125 (was in 07 on 57 plates , when they were 18 and drove around in 106's) bit the bullet and paid £4000 each in the spanish number 1 colours. 1 of them did 600 miles, and left it to stood for 6 months, and sold it for £2400, another lad gets a lift to work in a car as he says its tedious on the major roads, and another one also sold his after 1 year and drove around in his 106 quicksilver all the time. (majority of time just standing)

As much as it pains me, VXR is right. £4000 will get you seriously sorted. Full test, all the gear, and still get you a 99/2000 CBR 600. Yer you might not like the full power, but the throttle doesnt always have to be wide open.

I have a bike, i have the license, but im not a die hard biker, but i still want something more powerfull as its alot nicer on the open roads. Cruise at 90 instead of doing lots of revs, and getting batterd in the wind.

And who ever said near the start his mates dads dogs RS125 did 120, please leave.

You hold a speed gun upto it, with head down, no wind, it would touch about 100. Speedos and chavs are miles out.

RS125 are brilliant fun, and awesome starter bike having never riden two wheels, but they are not worth £4000 and are to hyped up.

My 2 cents....well more like $2 tbf
Ojc

16th Jun 09 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did they have full power RS125's? Because restricted ones are dogshit

I had an RS125 and loved it, I honestly don't want a bigger bike.

I want Paul J to come in here as he knows what I'm talking about.
CORSA NUT

16th Jun 09 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck me this isn't making me want a bike any less lads!!!

Wife sais...Nooooooooo

So if i passed my car test on the 3/3/1999 i can ride a moped upto 50cc with no L plates?

And if i want to ride a 125 i need to do a CBT (i've done 2 when i was younger for my scooter but they both ran out etc)

The i just buy and insure a shitty 125 for 2 years then i can do my full bike test???
richc

16th Jun 09 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Did they have full power RS125's? Because restricted ones are dogshit

I had an RS125 and loved it, I honestly don't want a bigger bike.

I want Paul J to come in here as he knows what I'm talking about.

One was full power, other two were derestricted at home (like chopping exhaust bits, big jet etc.

Fair enough, i dont think you sound like your going to be influenced.

Maybe because i were live its very hilly aswell (ride around the peak district as it close by), you like the extra power to pull up the incrediable hills. But horses for courses as they say. You give them impression of a petrol head, and being one my self, as 125 doesnt come into my mind.

Do you not hang about with other bikers also? I envy a friends cbr600 compaired to mine ( i only bought it to get my back on 2 wheels, and i cant ask for much better for how much it costs). His is so much easier to ride though. Knocking about town, im through the box like someone with a twitch, where as he only knocks about 2 gears at most. Over taking, he knocks down a gear, and winds it on, and 9/10 doesnt have to change. I have to knock down 2 gears, and change wid way through. We use the same amount of petrol, the insurance price is minimal difference, tax is about £48 compaired to the £33 of mine, that is the only down side.
richc

16th Jun 09 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
Fuck me this isn't making me want a bike any less lads!!!

Wife sais...Nooooooooo

So if i passed my car test on the 3/3/1999 i can ride a moped upto 50cc with no L plates?

And if i want to ride a 125 i need to do a CBT (i've done 2 when i was younger for my scooter but they both ran out etc)

The i just buy and insure a shitty 125 for 2 years then i can do my full bike test???

No you can do your cbt and do your test the day after if you want
richc

16th Jun 09 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im assuming your over 21, you do your test and you have what you want (which is a scarey though). I wouldnt advise it though, a 600 (gsxr, cbr, r6 etc) would be more than surfficient!
oli_the_thread

16th Jun 09 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With regards to not always using all the power of a big bike, personally I feel its always easy to think that as you get on the bike and pull of the drive way, but once you hit a nice piece of road you just can't help but open all the way up, before you know it your doing 150 and your in a liscence losing scenario, without REALLY intending to be there! Its all about the heat of the moment, and as a strong willed person, even I struggle, the adrenaline kicks in and i'm off!!
The benefit of a 125 is that you can open all the way up and still only be doing 100-110 and feel on top of the world.
But at the end of the day, a sports bike of any sort be it an RS125 or a Hyabusa is a toy. So if your going to use it once in a blue moon when the sun comes out to have a thrash round the local twisties an RS125 should see you sweet...

But im a 2-stroke whore
DaveyLC

16th Jun 09 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the 0-60 time of a full derestricted RS125. I'm seeing 6seconds everywhere I look and that would get PISSED on by a 400VFR/RVF..
DaveyLC

16th Jun 09 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And it doesnt matter what ANYONE says about the RS125, you show up at a bike meet and everyone is going to think you are a PLEB with GAY AIDS!

FULL STOP

END OF STORY

GAME OVER

GO STRAIGHT TO JAIL..

DO NOT PASS GO, DO NOT COLLECT YOUR AIDS MEDICATION.

[Edited on 16-06-2009 by DaveyLC]
Ben-B

16th Jun 09 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
And it doesnt matter what ANYONE says about the RS125, you show up at a bike meet and everyone is going to think you are a PLEB with GAY AIDS!

FULL STOP

END OF STORY

GAME OVER

GO STRAIGHT TO JAIL..

DO NOT PASS GO, DO NOT COLLECT YOUR AIDS MEDICATION.

[Edited on 16-06-2009 by DaveyLC]

im sorry but...
CORSA NUT

16th Jun 09 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc
Im assuming your over 21, you do your test and you have what you want (which is a scarey though). I wouldnt advise it though, a 600 (gsxr, cbr, r6 etc) would be more than surfficient!

I'm 28 mate

So what's alll this 2 years bollocks then? So all i need to do is my CBT..then my full bike test...then i can ride whatever i want???
DaveyLC

16th Jun 09 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only if you do the full test on a 33bhp+ bike, if you do the restricted test you ar restricted to 33bhp for 2 yeras.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » aprilia rs 125 22 database queries in 0.0158639 seconds