corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Man City

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Man City
p

User status: Offline
13th Jul 09 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
One got signed.

Carl Magnay.

[Edited on 13-07-2009 by Marc]

Yep I remember him winning. He is doing fairly well at the moment and he got a loan move to the MK Dons but got injured so he's back with us.
Cosmo

13th Jul 09 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So 10 games (9 start) out of 38 (given he was away for 2 months) isnt consistant? For an 18yr old I think you'll find it is.
p

13th Jul 09 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
So 10 games (9 start) out of 38 (given he was away for 2 months) isnt consistant? For an 18yr old I think you'll find it is.

Not Gerrard and Carragher consistent though is it. Mancienne didn't have that many this season but considering a lot of the time he played week in week out with Wolves and made appearances for us plus getting the England call up(all be it he was playing mostly for Wolves then)
Cosmo

13th Jul 09 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadee
quote:

Not Gerrard and Carragher consistent though is it. Mancienne didn't have that many this season but considering a lot of the time he played week in week out with Wolves and made appearances for us plus getting the England call up(all be it he was playing mostly for Wolves then)

No, it isnt Gerrard (333 games) or Carragher (398) consistant no.

If you want to start mentioning loan appearences then I can list maybe 20 youth players of ours loanded out who have played who seasons (and named player of the season for that team) if you want?
p

13th Jul 09 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by corsadee
quote:

No, it isnt Gerrard (333 games) or Carragher (398) consistant no.

If you want to start mentioning loan appearences then I can list maybe 20 youth players of ours loanded out who have played who seasons (and named player of the season for that team) if you want?

Well I think we all could do that. Fact is all supporters would want nothing more than to see youth team products come through to the first team and play on a regular basis. Man City now do not give two shits about the youth system they had which is very good. Johnson, Sturridge, Hart etc.
Cosmo

13th Jul 09 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, are you actually still tryng to argue this case?

For starters...I cant, neither can you, name one player in the last seven years (given 'Romans heavy investment in youth') who has made a decent number of appearences for the first team.

Both I and Marc can name plenty of Liverpool and United players who have made more appearences in the last (lets say 3yrs) than in the last 7 for Chavski.

And now you have a go at City? They have brought through Richards, Sturridge, etc.

And the most prominent of all of this is the fact you have just STOLEN one of Man City's youth players as you offered a better contract than they did
p

13th Jul 09 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Right, are you actually still tryng to argue this case?

For starters...I cant, neither can you, name one player in the last seven years (given 'Romans heavy investment in youth') who has made a decent number of appearences for the first team.

Both I and Marc can name plenty of Liverpool and United players who have made more appearences in the last (lets say 3yrs) than in the last 7 for Chavski.

And now you have a go at City? They have brought through Richards, Sturridge, etc.

And the most prominent of all of this is the fact you have just STOLEN one of Man City's youth players as you offered a better contract than they did

That was pure media speculation. How can we offer more money than them He made a few first team appearances but he wasn't consistent like Richards is.
Cosmo

13th Jul 09 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Given he is a young lad, City have less top players in his position, Im going to say the main factor was money.

Youve ignored the rest of my post though, seems its all true.
p

13th Jul 09 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It takes time Craig I have told you that. We haven't had a consistent first teamer to break through since JT and this does get mentioned with the fans a lot. Obviously players like Carlton Cole, Lita, Huth got chances but didn't make it at the end of the day.
Cosmo

13th Jul 09 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look at Arsenal, in 10yrs (I think thats roughtly how long Wneger has been there) he has built 2 youth teams.

In 7 no one has come through.
p

13th Jul 09 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Look at Arsenal, in 10yrs (I think thats roughtly how long Wneger has been there) he has built 2 youth teams.

In 7 no one has come through.

Half of his players he's stolen from France and are not officially youth products. I don't know for sure how the system now works with Blatter and Platini and the 6 + 5 rule and all the other crap mentioned. We all know where Fabregas came from but something I heard would actually make him an official Arsenal product.....
Cosmo

13th Jul 09 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With regards to the 6+5...

The player needs to be 16 or under and of played for 3yrs in that country to count in the 'homr' 6.

So for us Insua would now count as one of the home grown.
strick206

13th Jul 09 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at corsadee trying to say city are nothing like chelsea

Of course they are, they were an average team before roman came and pumped the club full of millions worth of debt to buy players, and bought the league for about 200 million.

Which they won for 2 years and now it's all gone tits up, sacking managers left right and centre

Chelsea are every bit as bad as city
liamC

14th Jul 09 at 05:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tevez signed according to BBC
Danny P

14th Jul 09 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Man City are a set of cunts.
J da Silva

14th Jul 09 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know why but I actually want City to pull it off, I think it's part loyalty to Robinho and Elano and Tevez tbh, I hold my hands upto that, whereas Chelsea's style of play makes me dislike them, and I hate that Abromovich beak and rubbish beard.
Cosmo

14th Jul 09 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have no problem with City doing well, just not as well as us.
Marc

14th Jul 09 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably win the league before you anyway.
Cosmo

14th Jul 09 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Probably win the league before you anyway.

How is that possible when we are going to win it next season.

n00b.
J da Silva

14th Jul 09 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do believe Tevez when he says he was pushed out because of all the interviews he did in S America before Man City even got bought, and he also said not long ago that when they signed Berbatov, he made his decision already a season before he went, it was just a matter of what team he'd go to.
Marc

14th Jul 09 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well hes come across as being a money grabber like Barry in my eyes.
Cosmo

14th Jul 09 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I understand why he left United, that much is obvious.

But he is obviously a money grabbing prick and one thing he said indicates this....when he said he wont join Liverpool due to the rivallry with United, yet he is willing to join City?!!

What he actually means is Liverpool wont pay me enough per week so I'll go to City where I can get a 5yr £150k a week contract.
J da Silva

14th Jul 09 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd do the same. I'm a prick.
Marc

14th Jul 09 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I understand why he left United, that much is obvious.

But he is obviously a money grabbing prick and one thing he said indicates this....when he said he wont join Liverpool due to the rivallry with United, yet he is willing to join City?!!

What he actually means is Liverpool wont pay me enough per week so I'll go to City where I can get a 5yr £150k a week contract.

You're such an arse hole Craig

I hate it when we agree
Cosmo

14th Jul 09 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice to know you agree that he left United as they are on the down

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Man City 23 database queries in 0.0203600 seconds