corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » If you won the lottery .....

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author If you won the lottery .....
John

User status: Offline
6th Aug 09 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't be buying a used anything if I won millions.
Colin

6th Aug 09 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive never owned a brand new car why change the habbit of a lifetime

Also, as anal as it may sound I wouldnt want people to know I had Millions in the bank. People treat you differently when they know your loaded!!
Jambo

6th Aug 09 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im with Colin there, id like to be succsessful, not a millionaire by tag
J da Silva

6th Aug 09 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Ive never owned a brand new car why change the habbit of a lifetime

Also, as anal as it may sound I wouldnt want people to know I had Millions in the bank. People treat you differently when they know your loaded!!

I used to hate Cosmo until I found out he was Daddies little monkey, now I really hope he is ok and I want to be friends with him.
John

6th Aug 09 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd take it either way tbh, money's money
Cosmo

6th Aug 09 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont talk rubbish, if you've made your money then why hide it away?
John

6th Aug 09 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't buy stuff to look flash, i'd buy stuff I wanted and if I had cash to throw about it would be the best stuff I had.

Most of the expensive stuff i' buy most people probably wouldn't have heard of the makes.
Colin

6th Aug 09 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All im saying is if you spend £3.5M of your £5M in the 1st year and buy the best of everything, the other £1.5M will disappear in the subsequent years trying to fund your extravident life. Ive read so many storys about folk winning the lottery and becoming pennyless again within a few years through their own greed.

Id be over the fucking moon if I had a 1/2M house owned outright, a villa abroad to spend 6 months in the sun and a super car on the drive....who'd honestly turn their nose up to that??

[Edited on 06-08-2009 by Colin]
John

6th Aug 09 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what poor people do, its'a state of mind, they don't know what to do with money.
5 million wouldn't get you far unless you carried on with a normal life, would need invested.
Cosmo

6th Aug 09 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, I agree that you cant go and splash the cash on everything, but you could spend £100k on a new car over £60k on a used one without a problem tbh.
antnee

6th Aug 09 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

winning £10m would set you up for life. Could spend 1mil, then live off the interest off the other 9mil. At 1% interest its 90k a year
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

6th Aug 09 at 21:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5 million could last I think with a good life, you just need to do something during the day that doesnt spunk money which isnt work
Colin

6th Aug 09 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Poor people win £3M and say their going to buy a new couch and buy their council house, maybe get a new mondeo

Investments can turn sour and theres a high chance you'll loose the lot.

Happened to one of the biggest lottery winners, won £10M, invested over half of it in livingston football club. Thats not a smart move!!
Cosmo

6th Aug 09 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even if you spent half of it, £2.5m in an account earning you 3% interest (could easily get more) would give you £75k a year.
J da Silva

6th Aug 09 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This will sound arrogant, but my £5m would turn into £20m within the first couple of years, simply because I know how to do it.

So I'd buy Cosmo and Sophia a marital home in Santos, so he wouldn't get flown to his homeland of Old Trafford after being suspected of fiddling with minors......and kids too.
Hammer

If I won £5 million I wouldn't be working another day, if that meant living a comfortable life rather than an outlandish one then so be it. I don't like fancy things anyway
Cosmo

I'll fiddle with you if you're not careful.
Colin

6th Aug 09 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Aye, I agree that you cant go and splash the cash on everything, but you could spend £100k on a new car over £60k on a used one without a problem tbh.

I really dont do new cars bud, if I get a used one for 60k i'll not feel guilty px'ing it within 6 months time for a different model. You know me, never content, always thinking of the next move before the current ones even been finalised!!

I recon i'd have a new (used) car every 6 months, chop it in before it needs work, couple grand to change. That excites me more than buying a brand spanker and feeling compelled to keep it because i'll loose £30k if I sell after half a year!!

Just me that feels that way
Colin

6th Aug 09 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id keep doing the job I do now then retire at 40.

Got to keep busy you'd go demented being at home all the time.

Like I said I get 31 weeks off a year as it stands so that would give me plenty time to do all I need to do.
J da Silva

6th Aug 09 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo

I really dont do new cars bud, if I get a used one for 60k i'll not feel guilty px'ing it within 6 months time for a different model. You know me, never content, always thinking of the next move before the current ones even been finalised!!

I recon i'd have a new (used) car every 6 months, chop it in before it needs work, couple grand to change. That excites me more than buying a brand spanker and feeling compelled to keep it because i'll loose £30k if I sell after half a year!!

Just me that feels that way

I am partly the same, the only brand spanking new cars I've owned is ones that I physically built from a new shell and rebuilding an engine, and even then, technically they're second hand.
Colin

6th Aug 09 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Something else id do - Build a Ultima GTO, making sure I had a detailed projects thread on CS, then probably sell it once it was done
antnee

6th Aug 09 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Colin- would you get a focus rs?
VegasPhil
Premium Member

6th Aug 09 at 21:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd buy myself a nice house/car etc. Sort out the family.

Then get into property developing from the auctions. Would keep a load of mates I know busy.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
ed

6th Aug 09 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd buy another pair of jeans and possibly some shorts which don't have paint and engine oil on them. Then probably a few pairs of Adidas trainers.

[Edited on 06-08-2009 by ed]
ed

6th Aug 09 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think I'd get a 24" iMac too. I like them

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » If you won the lottery ..... 23 database queries in 0.0171499 seconds