corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The Dole

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Dole
Anty
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th Aug 09 at 17:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Why not just take any job though...to get yourself into work again??

Personally i'd sweep shit off the street if it meant me keeping a roof over my head!!

seconded, but companys are picky !!!

i get £128.80 per fortnight

and its spent like on the day i get it really.
Daveskater
Premium Member

15th Aug 09 at 17:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bonney66
When I was in the dole office it felt as if you were been treated as a criminal, and some of the people in there you could tell that basically they didn't give a crap. When I went to "Sign on" as it were, the woman who i had to see was looking down on me and throwing the paper work at me.
Exactly. When I went to register, the woman was going mad because she was stupid and hadn't read the thing on the screen properly. Also, I turned up at half past (which is what they told me on the phone) and then she went mad saying "we don't do half past appointments, it's twenty and forty past", because I'm meant to know that apparently. So I said "they told me half past on the phone and I didn't get a letter to confirm" and she said they don't do letters any more because basically everyone was saying they didn't get them. Which is obviously also my fault

Fortunately the bloke I saw after that was alright and a friendly chap that lives in a village not far from here, and the person I saw every other week to sign on with was nice too and actually helped quite well. The worst part was sitting on the benches waiting to be called sitting next to some of the scummiest people I've ever seen who all stank of fags.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
DizzyRebel

15th Aug 09 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4400 people unemployed in lincoln since the recession took hold so you can imagine jobs are few and far between and any public vacancies will have at least 2000 other applicants including yourself.
N3CRO

15th Aug 09 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kz
For all the people saying they have loads of money in the bank and are still claiming, how? When I was looking at applying before they said if you have £3k+ in the bank you get a reduced amount, and if you have £6k+ then you get nothing!

If you have thousands in the bank, you shouldn't even be entitled to be on JSA (in fact, I didn't think you were entitled) thats just wrong tbh.
N3CRO

15th Aug 09 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
4400 people unemployed in lincoln since the recession took hold so you can imagine jobs are few and far between and any public vacancies will have at least 2000 other applicants including yourself.

Exactly. Earlier this year, I had an interview for a job cleaning cars and the guy said to me that he had 80 other people to see. Ok, he couldn't been just saying that but I find that very believable with the way things are right now.
antnee

15th Aug 09 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres always jobs out there for people if you want them.
M2RTY

15th Aug 09 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im on JSA at the moment. Have a degree, and my last job I was made redundent from was split between managing a chemical site IT department and responsible for IT security across all the sites in Europe

Trying to find a job suited to me is hard, theres not a lot out there, I am willing to relocate in the EU pretty much anywhere for decent money

Not going to take just any old job to be honest, Id rather wait for something Im suited to

I have over 16k in the bank but signing on pays my NI which only a fool would not do

Its not bad really, few people in there look like scum but a lot are in my boat. professionals who have been made redundent due to global industries falling

My mam lost her job too, retail manager for a large shop, shes been off work for about 2 months but has managed to find a new job starting monday which is good

Opinions of JSA change a lot when you are faced with redundency, trust me

[Edited on 15-08-2009 by M2RTY]
kz

15th Aug 09 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TheNobleOne
quote:
Originally posted by kz
For all the people saying they have loads of money in the bank and are still claiming, how? When I was looking at applying before they said if you have £3k+ in the bank you get a reduced amount, and if you have £6k+ then you get nothing!

If you have thousands in the bank, you shouldn't even be entitled to be on JSA (in fact, I didn't think you were entitled) thats just wrong tbh.

Why's it wrong? So everyone that has been sensible and saved money must be punished and have to use their own money to survive, whereas anyone that's spent all their money is entitled to free money?

Also, the reason I have money is because I drove a £6k Clio 182 which I sold for a £800 shit box when I lost my job because I thought it was the sensible thing to do. So I could of had nice car and get money for nothing! But now I drive a shit box I'm meant to survive with my car sale money?

What's the difference between owning something worth £6k, and having £6k
taylorboosh

15th Aug 09 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

totally agree with kz tbh, and whats more i dont have any savings and have no problem with it
taylorboosh

15th Aug 09 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo

d. they won it
e. they were given it
f. they stole it

so because someone has been lucky and inherited or won a sum of money means that they arent entitled to what every one else is?
Cosmo

15th Aug 09 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo

d. they won it
e. they were given it
f. they stole it

so because someone has been lucky and inherited or won a sum of money means that they arent entitled to what every one else is?

I never said that, the point about them having money in the bank so not getting dole wasnt mine.

I was just pointing out that your 3 assumptions that they must be good with money where as someone who doesnt have savings isnt could be far far far from the truth.
Colin

15th Aug 09 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Regarding money in the bank.....just tell them you've none, they cant check anyway

IMO its nothing to do with the grand scheme of things if someone has a bit of savings, the government should be pleased that some people are taking making the point of saving money!!

I dont get some peoples attitude of 'not taking any job' and waiting for one to come along thats right for them................you could be waiting years for that to happen! Theres nothing to stop you taking any job and still applying for the ones you want. I know several people that had to do that in the 90's economy crash, pretty much in order to keep their houses. I'd be prepared to do the same, infact I have before twice!!
Cosmo

15th Aug 09 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is one was the US has it right, as if you go to a job interview with a gap in your employment (i.e. you spent 6 months waiting for the right job to come along) then it will be looked down upon and could cost you getting the job - theyd much rather see that you went and got a job serving burgers at Maccy D's than claiming dole.
Colin

15th Aug 09 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One of my best mates is doing the same thing, hes a qualified building site manager & has done this from the day he left school, so thus thinks he knows nothing else. He wont consider any other type of job and laughs about earning bottom dollar doing manual work, hes risking everything he owns by not wanting to damage his pride iimo!!

I think hes getting financial help from family which would be a bigger pride damager than doing some low paid lesser job, well it would be to me anyway.
mattk

15th Aug 09 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have no outgoings at all, my £100 a fortnight you lot give me gets spent in the pub and the petrol station and when it runs out Il wait for more or till I get an odd job

I dont like working for a living as a plumber which is something I sort of enjoy, I certainly wont like working for a living doing summat I hate, I wouldnt mind doing a bit of labouring though
Andrew

15th Aug 09 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Regarding money in the bank.....just tell them you've none, they cant check anyway

This is not true, they can check now. If you do not sign the form for them to check they will just stop benefit.

I only got NI when i was out of work for two months as i had savings of 7k. As soon as those dropped, as i needed to live, i was then able to claim council tax and dole after i had less than 6k.
Colin

15th Aug 09 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats fair enough but my mates got a house, & verious other outgoings to consider, yet hes too think skinned to get back to work.

Do you not get bored sitting in the house Matt??

I know I do when im off work. 1st few days is bliss but after that its boring and I get constant urges to spend money ive not got

If I was on the dole, id seriously take anything.....the job title's not important here, function over form and all that, id take the sweeping up job to keep me busy!!
Colin

15th Aug 09 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
quote:

This is not true, they can check now. If you do not sign the form for them to check they will just stop benefit.

I only got NI when i was out of work for two months as i had savings of 7k. As soon as those dropped, as i needed to live, i was then able to claim council tax and dole after i had less than 6k.

What if you have an old account you dont use too much but its more hassle than its worth to close it and you give them that account to pay the money into?

Ive got like 4-5 bank accounts btw, are they going to go round checking them all??
Cosmo

15th Aug 09 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
What if you have an old account you dont use too much but its more hassle than its worth to close it and you give them that account to pay the money into?

Ive got like 4-5 bank accounts btw, are they going to go round checking them all??

It then becomes fraud Colin
Colin

15th Aug 09 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh well theres nothing like a bit of fraud to keep you on your toes when on the brew
mattk

15th Aug 09 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do get a bit bored sat about if the weather is shit, I go on my bike, go do some work down the allotment, go out with the camera ect

Id happily sweep the streets actually, its just impossible to get into the council, mates a postman actually, fantastic job hard to get into though

Im in the situation where if I go for a shite job (which I did di about 4 months ago) I get asked " if your a time served plumber why do you want to work here?" to which I reply "because I cant find a plumbing job" and they said " ohhh so you will be leaving when you do find a plumbing job?"

and If I dont mention Im a plumber on my CV then it looks like Ive not had a job since school
Cosmo

15th Aug 09 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
mates a postman actually, fantastic job hard to get into though

Piece of piss to get into it round here. Know of a few people who have just walked into postie jobs.
mattk

15th Aug 09 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive given 2 applications in to royal mail, one for the local sorting office and one to the next closest, my mate got his job through his dad

applied for the police too, and to be a pcso
Colin

15th Aug 09 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got offered a job in the sorting office once, through an agency I had registered with....didnt take it though because I had already found something

Ive fell into different types of job only having done one type of work previously.....I just made it clear to them I was moving on and needed the job & I was in.
kz

15th Aug 09 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have to admit I don't wanna take any old job, I'm 25 now and feel I should of achieved something but my whole CV's pointed towards the IT industry, and that's what I wanna do.

I'd take anything IT related, but working in Macky D's? Maybe five years ago if I was desperate. I understand it's different for people that have more outgoings (I only have car, phone and internet really) but I want a career damn it!

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The Dole 23 database queries in 0.0152860 seconds