corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » David Cameron has got my vote

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author David Cameron has got my vote
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Oct 09 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bigboykarl
...but please tell me how non european membership and non free trade has affected switzerland and norway ..2 countries not in recession

Quick Google for two examples of both countries being affected by the global recession:

Despite Energy Reserves, Norway Slips Into Recession

Switzerland recession becomes deeper
bigboykarl

5th Oct 09 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
quote:
...but please tell me how non european membership and non free trade has affected switzerland and norway ..2 countries not in recession

Quick Google for two examples of both countries being affected by the global recession:

Despite Energy Reserves, Norway Slips Into Recession

Switzerland recession becomes deeper

ok just checked the figures i read and they were last quarter 2008..so in 2009 both countries have gone into recession...but so is most of the world...your still not telling me how non membership has adversely affected theirrade with the european union(you see apart from agriculture it hasn't)
djmattyh

5th Oct 09 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I won't be voting for labour or conservitive, lib dem are just the same if i am honest. I think I may vote BNP, they're the only party that offers somthing that will make a change for britan.

awaits do-gooder's comments calling me racist lmao

[Edited on 05-10-2009 by djmattyh]
Conway563

5th Oct 09 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been liking a lot of what the tories have been promising lately but would never vote for them.
Will only ever be lib dem or tory that get in round here so will be voting lib dem again
Sam
Premium Member

5th Oct 09 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
ok just checked the figures i read and they were last quarter 2008..so in 2009 both countries have gone into recession...but so is most of the world...your still not telling me how non membership has adversely affected theirrade with the european union(you see apart from agriculture it hasn't)

A couple of reasons why being an EU member is good:

• Free trade for EU members - UK exports are higher to EU members than non-EU members, so in other words we make more money selling to EU members than to non EU members ( source )
  • Regional aid/grants - my own business has benefited from this if you want a real world example ( list of grants )

Of course, most people are only interested in the negatives (free movement of labour - i.e. workers from poorer EU countries coming over here to work, although a lot of the problems associated with this are due to poor government management of immigration rather than being an EU member).
DaveyLC

5th Oct 09 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BNP is far from a serious party, the leader and many of its supports are openly racist on a totally retarded level.

I think everyone admits there has been a serious break down of society and something needs to be done about it but lets be honest none of the parties will have the balls to make real changes as they will lose voters.
Nath

5th Oct 09 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Making more money selling to EU rather than non-EU is because the likes of Switzerland cater for themselves. I bet they don't import or export as much as us. So we wouldn't need to sell to them and they wouldn't need to buy from us. I've been to Switzerland twice, and every Swiss person I spoke to never wants to be in the EU. They pretty much laugh at the UK for the state we're in. They pay higher taxes but the standard of life is much better.
Sam
Premium Member

5th Oct 09 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The problem with politics is that there is no sole party that have solutions for all problems that everyone will be happy with.

They are either full of shit, racist, or have completely ridiculous ideals (or all three).
Sam
Premium Member

5th Oct 09 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Making more money selling to EU rather than non-EU is because the likes of Switzerland cater for themselves. I bet they don't import or export as much as us. So we wouldn't need to sell to them and they wouldn't need to buy from us.

Not a very good comparison TBH. Switzerland is nowhere near in the same league as the UK.

If you go by GDP for 2008 for example, Switzerland's GDP is $500.260 billion, UK's GDP is $2680 billion. Switzerland's population is just under 7.6 million (2007), UK's is 58.7 million (2001 census).
pow
Premium Member

5th Oct 09 at 10:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love the way that people support the BNP when they probably don't have a fucking clue what they are on about
ed

5th Oct 09 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going to vote BNP because it makes me look cool.
Robbo

5th Oct 09 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Making more money selling to EU rather than non-EU is because the likes of Switzerland cater for themselves. I bet they don't import or export as much as us. So we wouldn't need to sell to them and they wouldn't need to buy from us.

Not a very good comparison TBH. Switzerland is nowhere near in the same league as the UK.

If you go by GDP for 2008 for example, Switzerland's GDP is $500.260 billion, UK's GDP is $2680 billion. Switzerland's population is just under 7.6 million (2007), UK's is 58.7 million (2001 census).
Agreed, Switzerland has always been a very financially independant state, it needs no-omnes help thansk to its banks and heritage.
Ojc

5th Oct 09 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Swiss have a massive gold reserve thanks to their Nazi friends
bigboykarl

5th Oct 09 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
quote:

• Free trade for EU members - UK exports are higher to EU members than non-EU members, so in other words we make more money selling to EU members than to non EU members ( source )
  • Regional aid/grants - my own business has benefited from this if you want a real world example ( list of grants )

Of course, most people are only interested in the negatives (free movement of labour - i.e. workers from poorer EU countries coming over here to work, although a lot of the problems associated with this are due to poor government management of immigration rather than being an EU member).

what i'm saying is if we withdraw from eu membership we could still trade with europe as do switzerland and norway....
our total contribution in europe is 13.7 billion we recieve 5.6 billion back in grants funding etc....so the 8 billion or so i was talking about was the amount we pay to fund other countries...between italy,france uk and germany we will contribute 35billion more than we recieve per year
J da Silva

5th Oct 09 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jake
as far as migrant workers are concerned, UK would be fucked without them. Yes they were impossible to compete with in the building trade especially because of how cheap they were but its swings and roundabouts

so how would the uk be fucked without them....what did we do before they arrived?? were we fucked then

Well what happened before then was......

Unemployment was very low, the general attitude was to want to work even if you were ill and serve a cause for your pay and the other thing that was about at this time was lower crime rates and a more united society, things like better discipline also.

bigboykarl

5th Oct 09 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jake
as far as migrant workers are concerned, UK would be fucked without them. Yes they were impossible to compete with in the building trade especially because of how cheap they were but its swings and roundabouts

so how would the uk be fucked without them....what did we do before they arrived?? were we fucked then

Well what happened before then was......

Unemployment was very low, the general attitude was to want to work even if you were ill and serve a cause for your pay and the other thing that was about at this time was lower crime rates and a more united society, things like better discipline also.

Robbo

5th Oct 09 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sam
quote:

what i'm saying is if we withdraw from eu membership we could still trade with europe as do switzerland and norway....
our total contribution in europe is 13.7 billion we recieve 5.6 billion back in grants funding etc....so the 8 billion or so i was talking about was the amount we pay to fund other countries...between italy,france uk and germany we will contribute 35billion more than we recieve per year
£8bn is nothing
J da Silva

5th Oct 09 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not to me and Cosmo it's not, pocket change.
Robbo

5th Oct 09 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Precisely, pittance
djmattyh

5th Oct 09 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
I love the way that people support the BNP when they probably don't have a fucking clue what they are on about
ok then i dont know anything about them
bigboykarl

5th Oct 09 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£8bn is nothing

£8bn
would build 9 new 1100 bed super hospitals £5.031 billion
build prisons with 10,000 extra places £2.040 billion
pay a years salary for 20000 new police men based on met wages @£32000 after 31 week train £0.640bn
20000 nurses bases on average nurses wage £28000 £0.560bn
just over £8.2bn

i think if we asked the general public would they prefer my short list or help fund projects in europe what would there reply be
John

5th Oct 09 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They'll waste at least 8bn somewhere else, you could go on saying it could be used for this and that forever.

They probably spend over 8 billion on people who can't be bothered to get a job.

8bn is probably only 1p extra on fuel, pocket change on a government budget.
bigboykarl

5th Oct 09 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

8bn wouldn't cover there expenses....
Robbo

5th Oct 09 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£8bn as a price to pay for membership of the EU is nothing.

You maybe dont understand some of the benefots you take as read that are gained via EU membership

www.talktoeu.ie

An Irish website obvously but gives you an idea, for example free passage between emmeber states, the ability to work anywher ein the EU (it goes both ways pal) etc etc
ed

5th Oct 09 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

£8bn is nothing

£8bn
would build 9 new 1100 bed super hospitals £5.031 billion
build prisons with 10,000 extra places £2.040 billion
pay a years salary for 20000 new police men based on met wages @£32000 after 31 week train £0.640bn
20000 nurses bases on average nurses wage £28000 £0.560bn
just over £8.2bn

i think if we asked the general public would they prefer my short list or help fund projects in europe what would there reply be
Do we actually need any of those things though?

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » David Cameron has got my vote 22 database queries in 0.0171590 seconds