corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Jaquie James

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Jaquie James
Hammer

User status: Offline
11th Nov 09 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's his hand writing?
Lawrah
Premium Member

11th Nov 09 at 00:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He is blind in one eye
Ste
Premium Member

11th Nov 09 at 00:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a pen and paper, close one eye and see if your writing suddenly becomes illegible. Mine doesn't!

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
James_DT

11th Nov 09 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Prime Minister took the time to hand write a letter expressing his condolences. The sentiment is the important thing here - he didn't have to, and he could have just got some secretary to do it, but he didn't. Sod the hand writing, that's how he writes.
Hammer

11th Nov 09 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste W
Get a pen and paper, close one eye and see if your writing suddenly becomes illegible. Mine doesn't!

So now the issue is his poor hand writing?

Becoming a touch farcical now.
DannyB
Premium Member

11th Nov 09 at 00:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That might be just the way he writes though, he may have thought it was a far better idea for the recipient to see he hand wrote it rather than some office monkey typing it up.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

11th Nov 09 at 00:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought my writing was bad

I write like a 5 year old but at least you can make out what it says.

Also just spotted, 'cumfort'
Lawrah
Premium Member

11th Nov 09 at 00:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think all boys writing is appauling tbh.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

11th Nov 09 at 00:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only write every few days that's my excuse

When I was in school I had quite good handwriting but after leaving I write a lot less and a lot worse
Dione J

11th Nov 09 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine isnt Lawrah
MoesTavern

11th Nov 09 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He was a highly educated academic before he even got into politics. I had teachers in school who had appalling handwriting, means fuck all.
Ste
Premium Member

11th Nov 09 at 00:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:

The issue is cuts to the defence budget meaning people are DYING due to lack of equipment. He is in charge of the country and has been told for years by the top military brass that they are under equipped to sustain a military presence in the middle east yet the Government spend money on giving criminals holidays rather than helicopters to save troops lives.

Do you know what happens in civilian life if a worker dies due to faulty or lack of equipment ? the boss gets done for corporate manslaughter.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Rob_Lee
Banned

11th Nov 09 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd prefer that to a fancy letter as already said.

come to mention it what about the other 200 or so people who have been killed?

Are they in the Sun moaning they didnt get a letter etc???
Hammer

11th Nov 09 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:

The issue is cuts to the defence budget meaning people are DYING due to lack of equipment. He is in charge of the country and has been told for years by the top military brass that they are under equipped to sustain a military presence in the middle east yet the Government spend money on giving criminals holidays rather than helicopters to save troops lives.

Do you know what happens in civilian life if a worker dies due to faulty or lack of equipment ? the boss gets done for corporate manslaughter.

What's the solution then? cut the education budget? up taxes?

I'm still not getting what you're actually getting at right enough, if your problem is the lack of financing for the army then what has that got to do with Gordon Brown having shit spelling and hand writing because those are the 2 things you're highlighting not his government policy.
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Nov 09 at 00:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they were either properly equipped or not there in the first place, he wouldn't have even needed to write.
Ste
Premium Member

11th Nov 09 at 00:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is the whole package that is a pile of wank.

If he can't write or spell, then type it. Clearly a shitty scribble doesn't show compassion to me, it shows a lazy scrawl whilst in the bath.

Regarding budgeting, well, just the labour parties expense bill for one year would buy a helicopter that could be deployed to the front line.

will_ainsworth

11th Nov 09 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not many people join the forces to 'be there for the country, tbh many dont give a shit and its just a easy way as such, dont know what to do? oh ill play action man, then again i really wanted to be in the forces but it was for a good life, steady income, safety, and all the other benefits, i would put money on it that 80% atleast join the forces for their own personal reasons, not to help this country and to help us sleep at night....

as for her having a go at pm, there is no need what so ever, he didnt have to do that, if he didnt it would have caused him a lot less hassle, he should have said ''oh im sorry your in a mood due to my spelling, in the future tell your son to do his job properly and not die. if someone worked in tesco and made a mistake and fell down the stairs and died, most people would think what a clumsy fuck! also he wouldnt get a letter (shit or not) for helping people in this country with their grocerys.... it was his job, that he chose, he knew the situation when he joined.

btw im very high while writing this, so please do beg my pardon if its a whole lot of tish, none the less it will be funny for me to read in the morning!

[Edited on 11-11-2009 by will_ainsworth]
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Nov 09 at 00:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hilarious.
will_ainsworth

11th Nov 09 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what bit?
will_ainsworth

11th Nov 09 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ohh,,, i see all of it
Conway563

11th Nov 09 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been trying to stay out of this but nevermind

Personally I find it very reassuring that the PM has taken the time (even if it is only 5 minutes) to hand write a letter. If I was to ever receive the same about my brother I would appreciate that more than a letter typed by his secretary that he has signed.

Ste, I fully understand about the budget side of this but I think that's a seperate issue. As Laura picked up on, the phone call is quite obviously scripted for other peoples gains. I don't think that was her original issue but she has been manipulated to create a point of it.
Hopefully some good will come of it

On a seperate note there are quite obviously some fucking retards in this thread who need to get some education and perspective on life. You should try growing the fuck up

[Edited on 11-11-2009 by Conway563]
LoudandProud

11th Nov 09 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just noticed you spelt her name as JAMES in the title of the thread, quick chang eit before she comes after you mattk if someone has already said it...sorry didnt have time to read all 4 pages!
Robbo

11th Nov 09 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chloe16v
ask your self why doesnt australia have a problem with immigrants? just go on holiday there and see how many blacks/pakis you see, they dont let anyone in the country and thats how this country should be
i think the fact that Australia is an island thousands upon thousands of miles from the palces where most of the UK's immigrants come form has somethign to do with it also...
Robbo

11th Nov 09 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I'm a little late to this party but I can see her point. I told staff at Bathstore that they were disrespectful and lazy when they spelt my name wrong on the invoice. I can only imagine seeing that on a scruffy letter written in felt tip to actually just worsen the pain of losing your child unnecessarily.
Granted. I thought the same the first time (of many!) that I heard it on the news... right up until the words The Sun were uttered. At which point I lost any sympathy etc. for her. The phonecall was the icing on the cake tbh
ryzer

11th Nov 09 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The man is a buffoon, the least he could have done is taken time to read it over and check things like spelling, i agree his handwriting is poor, and nothing will change that, but he could have spent another ten mins checking spelling etc. if your going to do something then do it right, he should have circled all the errors and re written it, its the very least he could have done for the young lad that has died.

I would be furious if I was in the mothers position, its completely disrepectful.

and Will Ainsworth you are a disgrace.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Jaquie James 23 database queries in 0.0742149 seconds