corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » integra dc2

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author integra dc2
Corsa_Sport21

User status: Offline
12th Nov 09 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jamjar15
Your not supposed to brake mid corner anyway.

when your goin as fast as i think he was you'd probably instinctivly brake if your going to fast, and he went from a 1.2 8v corsa arizona to the integra which i think is quite a step in terms of power. think he's learnt from his expensive mistake and only drives when im not around to give him a lift somewhere

Well he must gave been going stupidly fast, DC2's are the best handling FWD cars ever made,and they can take corners at some pace.
fir3vip3r

12th Nov 09 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
quote:

when your goin as fast as i think he was you'd probably instinctivly brake if your going to fast, and he went from a 1.2 8v corsa arizona to the integra which i think is quite a step in terms of power. think he's learnt from his expensive mistake and only drives when im not around to give him a lift somewhere

Well he must gave been going stupidly fast, DC2's are the best handling FWD cars ever made,and they can take corners at some pace.

could be the best handling car in the world.. all you need to do is upset the suspension balance
taylorboosh

12th Nov 09 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im getting dishearted with this, firstly had a paly on the a19 and beat 1, second the thought of going from 53 reg to n reg, awesome or not?
P1CK4D

12th Nov 09 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
im getting dishearted with this, firstly had a paly on the a19 and beat 1, second the thought of going from 53 reg to n reg, awesome or not?

End of the day, age doesn't matter. The driving experience is what really counts and I bet a DC2 would give you alot more satisfaction to drive than the Golf. Take one for a test drive.
taylorboosh

12th Nov 09 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think im going to before i jump in, age does matter though, 15 year old parts will break more than 6 year old
Corsa_Sport21

12th Nov 09 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fir3vip3r
quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
quote:

could be the best handling car in the world.. all you need to do is upset the suspension balance

Yes and i still stand by my point,stupidly fast into a corner then realised and hit the brakes to hard mid corner.
flybikeslee

12th Nov 09 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

integras hold money really well to, as do golfs though... loads more fun in corners mind
Corsa_Sport21

12th Nov 09 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d

Straight line speed,a mk4 golf with just a remap will pull on a DC2.

Hit a corner and itl be a different story.The handling and looks are the best thing about them imo.
kennybarbour

12th Nov 09 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for what its worth john-d, that teg you are looking at swapping belongs to my mate dan who is a top lad and really does take care of that car!
andy1868

12th Nov 09 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it doesn't handle so good that you can hit any corner at any speed and expect to come out of it the right way round
taylorboosh

13th Nov 09 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kennybarbour
for what its worth john-d, that teg you are looking at swapping belongs to my mate dan who is a top lad and really does take care of that car!

another thing putting me of is his unwillingness to travel on a weekend as he has commitments, i do love the car and he seems a geniune lad when on the texts but theres something making me wonder if its worth it, new car to old car has been bd everytime ive did it
Sportycorsa86

13th Nov 09 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A just a remaped golf isnt going to be faster than a teg! My bro has one and its no slouch! You really need to know how to drive them to get the best out of the power and handling. I wouldnt be put off by getting a older car, my brothers is 1997 model with 70k hes had it 2 years and uses it daily hes
never had a problem, just replaced the useual serviceable items.. Just my imput..
FasT09

13th Nov 09 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love them. A nice example

taylorboosh

13th Nov 09 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sportycorsa86
A just a remaped golf isnt going to be faster than a teg! My bro has one and its no slouch! You really need to know how to drive them to get the best out of the power and handling. I wouldnt be put off by getting a older car, my brothers is 1997 model with 70k hes had it 2 years and uses it daily hes
never had a problem, just replaced the useual serviceable items.. Just my imput..

how will a 230 bhp golf not be as fast as a teg?
taylorboosh

13th Nov 09 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

parkers quote a 0-60 of 6.5 seconds in a teg r, a 237 bhp r32 does it in 6.4 seconds, an 180 bhp anni does it in 7.5, now i have 50bhp on an anni and only 7less than a r32 but mine is also alot lighter due to not having 4wd running gear wieghing me down, plenty of remaped 1.8ts beat r32s all the time, always talk of it on ukmkivs so i fail to see how a golf cant be faster than a teg?

[Edited on 13-11-2009 by john-d]
jamjar15

13th Nov 09 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any car can be made to go faster than another car if its tuned to go faster, but if u do the same to both or spend the same on mods for both i think the teg would be quicker

btw parkers integra is the uk one aswell which is a lil slower

[Edited on 13-11-2009 by jamjar15]
gavin18787
Premium Member

13th Nov 09 at 21:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FasT09
love them. A nice example

Look spot on on the later spec bigger wheels

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
P1CK4D

13th Nov 09 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
any car can be made to go faster than another car if its tuned to go faster, but if u do the same to both or spend the same on mods for both i think the teg would be quicker

Wrong. ££s per performance a turbo'd car would win hands down everytime.
jamjar15

13th Nov 09 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by P1CK4D
quote:

yeah i kno remaping a boosted gti adds around 70bhp but when it only has 150 standard it wont be much higher after the remap than a standard dc2. n if the dc2 still slower pretty sure a rotrex supercharger setup takes it to the high 300's n only cost about a grand
P1CK4D

13th Nov 09 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A remap is a few hundred pound. A supercharger as you said is about a grand, but then, will there be reliability issues?
jamjar15

13th Nov 09 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

noo...
gavin18787
Premium Member

13th Nov 09 at 22:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stop moaning about straight line speed and buy one

And from just having a LSD fitted to my car any car that comes with fun will be uber fun

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Corsa_Sport21

14th Nov 09 at 07:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

yeah i kno remaping a boosted gti adds around 70bhp but when it only has 150 standard it wont be much higher after the remap than a standard dc2. n if the dc2 still slower pretty sure a rotrex supercharger setup takes it to the high 300's n only cost about a grand

It dosnt,it adds around 45-50bhp and and also a good bit more torque,something a 1.8 ITR lacks.

And the UK models have less power on paper,but are as quick as the JDM on the road.Theres only around 6bhp in it.
Eck
Premium Member

14th Nov 09 at 07:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
A remap is a few hundred pound. A supercharger as you said is about a grand, but then, will there be reliability issues?

To be fair, my bro's mate had an EK shape Civic Coupe with a Supercharged Teggy 1.8 and it had no reliability issues. And running over 270bhp (at the time, allegedly the lad who has it now has it over 300bhp) it was a very very quick motor.

[Edited on 14-11-2009 by Eck]
P1CK4D

14th Nov 09 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:

it had no reliability issues.

Honda FTW

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » integra dc2 23 database queries in 0.0171111 seconds