corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Reminder [Top Gear=8:30 (For Eck's viewing pleasures!)]

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Reminder [Top Gear=8:30 (For Eck's viewing pleasures!)]
mwg

User status: Offline
7th Dec 09 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BAN TOP GEAR.

Lets just have boring programs about how to live in a hut being self sufficient and recycling your own poo.
Cosmo

7th Dec 09 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Baskey
quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
i agree with JR

Destroying the car had no relevance to the car - Ok to drive it like ti should be driven but hitting walls etc - what does that show - that it can get damaged

Just pointless - It maybe only 12k of car but I am sure that comes out of someones pocket

It comes out the pockets of all of us who have paid £140 for the privilege of a years tv

Also if they were gonna destroy it they should of come uo with a far more entertaining way

Technically not, as it'll been supplied for free from Renault at a guess.
whitter45

7th Dec 09 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
BAN TOP GEAR.

Lets just have boring programs about how to live in a hut being self sufficient and recycling your own poo.

who has said that - just pointless to wreck a 12k hot hatch because they can

What does it prove??
whitter45

7th Dec 09 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Baskey
quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
i agree with JR

Destroying the car had no relevance to the car - Ok to drive it like ti should be driven but hitting walls etc - what does that show - that it can get damaged

Just pointless - It maybe only 12k of car but I am sure that comes out of someones pocket

It comes out the pockets of all of us who have paid £140 for the privilege of a years tv

Also if they were gonna destroy it they should of come uo with a far more entertaining way

Technically not, as it'll been supplied for free from Renault at a guess.

I am sure they would want it back though
mwg

7th Dec 09 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont see anyone on here complaining when they blow up/smash/generally destroy caravans
whitter45

7th Dec 09 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I dont see anyone on here complaining when they blow up/smash/generally destroy caravans

im not complaining mere having an opinion. In my Opinion it was pointless and did not prove anything

Cosmo

7th Dec 09 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im fairly certain Top Gear went to them with an idea (maybe even Renault had the idea) and they supplied the car knowing full well its final resting place will be off the coast of Ireland.

Either way, its had the desired outcome - everyone is speaking about it, people know the name of the car, saw a great deal about it, know its cheap to repair (which Im sure is something Renault insisted on pushing as it is a good selling point), and no doubt remember a lot more than if they just drove it around a few roads.
RichR
Premium Member

7th Dec 09 at 16:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much does it cost to run and produce an ad campaign for a car; lets say a 30 second advert shown 15times a day making a 7.5minute total showing time.

I would have thought significantly more than the actual cost of the car which you can almost guarantee Renault "donated" to the program. It had the desired effect, people are talking about it and not only that, it'll be shown again and again on adverts for the show, on the iPlayer and on Dave. hours and hours of their car on TV for a fraction of the cost of an advertising campaign!

Plus even if they had paid for it, there is no way they would have paid book price anyway, they'd have dealt with the manufacturer and paid cost I would imagine so more like £3k-£4k
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

7th Dec 09 at 16:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good episode, loved the Renault feature
AlunJ

7th Dec 09 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite fancy one of those twingo's after the review last night, got straight on Pistonheads, and theres a sporty looking one in wolverhampton 1.2, for £5800, wouldn't mind one at all but I can't afford one lol
was gutted when clarkson destroyed it what a waste

[Edited on 07-12-2009 by AlunJ]
mwg

7th Dec 09 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
good episode, loved the Renault feature

stone him!
Cosmo

7th Dec 09 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope they destroy a rare car in the next episode.
Marc

7th Dec 09 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Totally trashed the Renault BUT gave it a glowing review. Will be a few 20 somethings considering this car now.
mattk

7th Dec 09 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet that episode of Top Gear cost less to make than that peice of shit Jungle programme costs, all those wanna be / has been celebrities fees, the fee and expense for those 2 ball bags Ant and Dec, the expense of all the crew ect, same goes for that excuse of a TV programme X factor too and all the rest of the reality shite
scoob
Premium Member

7th Dec 09 at 17:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did anyone see the grey haird lass behind jc while he was doing the news, i would
Welsh Dan

7th Dec 09 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by scoob
did anyone see the grey haird lass behind jc while he was doing the news, i would

She was howling. Her face was about 15 years younger than the rest of her and she had half a ton of makeup on.
scoob
Premium Member

7th Dec 09 at 18:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was watching on a small tv, still would
Welsh Dan

7th Dec 09 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was there in person, I wouldn't.
scoob
Premium Member

7th Dec 09 at 18:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

smashed my dreams to pieces
BarnshaW

7th Dec 09 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Welsh Dan
quote:

She was howling. Her face was about 15 years younger than the rest of her and she had half a ton of makeup on.

she wasnt grey it looked like it was dyed white, id have given her one.

[Edited on 07-12-2009 by BarnshaW]
Welsh Dan

7th Dec 09 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Admittedly, she was better than the manky bird with the white vest and orange arms shown in one of the other bits.
andy1868

7th Dec 09 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if renault gave them the car for free i wouldn't be surprised. they paid 12k for advertising on the BBC being watched by millions of people with jeremy clarkson raving about your car. they spend millions on normal adverts ffs

[Edited on 07-12-2009 by andy1868]
sand-eel

7th Dec 09 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

An advert is apparently £1000 a second, so that for Renault was a fooking bargain.
In the end, yes it was a waste of a car, but who actually gives a fuck.
DannyB
Premium Member

7th Dec 09 at 19:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No doubt about it that they got that car for free, all the manufacturers throw cars at them to test, TG is watched by millions upon millions of people world wide, 1 car won't matter to them.
AlunJ

7th Dec 09 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

my mum's exact words "girl with white hair, she loves herself" lol

but yes I would

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Reminder [Top Gear=8:30 (For Eck's viewing pleasures!)] 22 database queries in 0.0166020 seconds