corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Using your mobile while driving - its getting popular again!

Poll: Using your mobile while driving - its getting popular again!
  I use my mobile phone while driving
  I never use my mobile phone while driving

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Using your mobile while driving - its getting popular again!
Daimo B

User status: Offline
11th Dec 09 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ride a motorcycle and watch all you texters/callers swerve allover your lane and you may think differently.

You think your driving straight, but it looks like a drunk driver in front of you, as you can't concentrate on texting/reading a text, talking, and driving at the same time.

So give points to the lot of you. I hate it, its bloody dangerous, as if the state of driving isn't bad enough as it is in this country.

Not only that, but the cost of a bluetooth kit is bugger all these days, so no excuse.

Just giving a fine won't do anything. The rich can afford it, so give something that will effect anyone who's on the phone.

[Edited on 11-12-2009 by VXR]
Lynny

11th Dec 09 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm getting old and sensible! I was looking through pc other day and actually found all those photos, put many up on facebook! Would love to work towards another can tower if I had the time, they were pretty impressive like!

Erm, several ways they can check phones, needs RIPA certification though, can contact provider and get phone records, or if it's something serious, can actually log what's been done on phone, when etc, as well as accessing old/deleted texts, etc
steven_r2008

11th Dec 09 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lynny
The offence isn't 'talking on a phone', it's using a handheld device, thusly covering a bigger spectrum, and I believe comes under the same section of road traffic act as driving without due care.

erm, please forgive me if it sounds like a daft question but....

if a police officer is in a panda car alone, needs to radio in some sort of motoring crime while he's driving (if he pulled up the offender would get away) how would he radio in without 'using a handheld device' can i report every copper i see using his radio whilst behind the wheel of a moving vehicle?

if so...... GAME ON ooo that game could be soo fun im sure soon enough you would end up with a list of just about every police vehicles reg plate in the local area (as you have had to remember them and write them down at the next available opportunity, as your not allowed to use your phone whilst driving :rolleyes:

[Edited on 11-12-2009 by steven_r2008]
nathy_87

11th Dec 09 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got it set up with my bluetooth hands free kit so when someone phones it automatically picks it up for me with out me pressing a button. As for texts I wait until i've stopped somewhere.
Lynny

11th Dec 09 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our radios aren't handheld devices, we don't have to hold them to speak on them
all vehicles have car sets in, and the button you press to speak is on gear stick, or steering wheel.....

So try again
steven_r2008

11th Dec 09 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
all vehicles have car sets in, and the button you press to speak is on gear stick, or steering wheel.....

So try again

fair play as long as officers arent allowed to use them aswel thats fair play

i was really hoping that i could start that new game aswel
Colin

11th Dec 09 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about when your driving about munching doughnuts, are they considered hand held devices or what?
steven_r2008

11th Dec 09 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
What about when your driving about munching doughnuts, are they considered hand held devices or what?

fpmsl
Lynny

11th Dec 09 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Grrr I really fancy a donut now! Just have a pot noodle and 3 tangerines for bait
Lynny

11th Dec 09 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by steven_r2008
quote:

So try again

no we're not allowed to use radio like a phone. The vehicles are designed so we can communicate safely.
Colin

11th Dec 09 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eating pot noodle without due care and attention, I think most forlk are guilty of that
Kurt

11th Dec 09 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use mine while driving.. my car has built in bluetooth though
Half Pint

11th Dec 09 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
surely you are the biggest risk on the road Tony, darting in and out of London rush hour traffic on a hairdryer?

Blow Me!

Lynny

11th Dec 09 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Eating pot noodle without due care and attention, I think most forlk are guilty of that

I am trying not to look at it as it'll just depress me!
steven_r2008

11th Dec 09 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by steven_r2008
quote:

So try again

no we're not allowed to use radio like a phone. The vehicles are designed so we can communicate safely.

at least someone had their thinking cap on when designing them then . unlike the person that decided to make fake coppers. slightly off subject, but, who's idea were they anyway? "i know we will pull some randomer off the street that wants to feel special due to their own personal inadequacies, and we will tell MOST of them [not all, as i know some people get touchy] that they now have the right to talk down to everyone because they have a number on their shoulder"
Lynny

11th Dec 09 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PCSOs?
Graham88

11th Dec 09 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I suffered this wrath last Saturday night.

I'll admit I've used my phone constantly for the past 2 years. It makes me hour commute to work much more entertaining, texting people or refreshing facebook. I tend not to be actually on the phone as that's far more obvious than just texting as I can text without looking at the phone, it's no different to thinking to myself really. Tbh I probably spend 80% of my commute on the phone, it's so boring otherwise unless Dave Kelly is on Capital

But anyway I've always been really careful but I did get caught out by 2 coppers parked down a side street who saw the light in my hands, put my hands up and admitted fault but I couldn't believe it was 3 points, that's fucking harsh I don't care what anyone says. It's so easy to get points now it's silly. My first three so not too bad really just annoying as I reckon I'll get treated differently now I haven't got a clean licence.

But now I'm in a dilemma as I've got until tomorrow to produce but gonna need my licence as ID for all the drinking sessions up to Xmas and NYE! What a bad time of year Dunno what will happen if I don't produce
John

11th Dec 09 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the producer not just to show you have documents then you send the licence away yourself?

Do they take it off you there and then?

Order another one today (£25 i think) then send the original away.
Jambo

11th Dec 09 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the driving i saw on the way to work this morning by 2 people on mobile phones was a HELL of alot better than the two soccor mums in an x5 and a crv who through their combined intelligence and ability defecit nearly caused a 5car pile up with me being car #1.

Its the usual bandwagon hysteria that people get obbsessed by. Smoking/speeding/swine flu etc..

And pmsl @ Williams responses, had me laughing outloud!
Graham88

11th Dec 09 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He said he was giving me a producer because he couldn't be bothered to do the checks there and then (:rolleyes and they will take my licence off me there and then

Ordering one today will get to me at about the same time as my one with points on will. This whole month is rammo with Xmas parties etc just don't fancy having to carry a Passport around with me cause a) I'm clumsy and will probably lose it and b) it'll get ruined
Jambo

11th Dec 09 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

p.s i ocasionaly txt whilst driving without looking at the phone or letting go of the controls... Shocking i know but i havent actualy killed anyone yet
Daimo B

11th Dec 09 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Graham as a biker im disgusted at you. I'd have thought u'd have known better. shame on you. tbh sounds like you deserve those points. Might stop you using it, and your on enough money to buy a bloody bluetooth, especially if your on it so much.

Maybe now you will.

And no, they will take a copy, and hand you back your license.
Graham88

11th Dec 09 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's my point though I don't use the phone as in putting it to my ear so a bluetooth is no use to me, I need a phone that reads out texts and says what I tell it to type lol.

As I say shit happens I got caught and I fully admit that, but think points is a harsh sentence.

Ok thats cool, got to take a trip up to Ebbsfleet Police Station now then
corsa120

11th Dec 09 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks VXR took 3 pages for somebody to answer with some brains, just shows the way people are today selfish and inconsiderate..... i do ride a bike too but you see it no matter what your driving/riding.

i was called the internet police earlier for sharing your views vxr!!!!!!!!!

like i said earlier i lost my best friend 3 years ago because of a women on the phone she caused my friend to have to swerve and he clipped the kerb and car flipped and rolled into a farm field, and it was the blow from side window on his head which killed him instantly.

also my brother and mum are lucky to be here after a business rep of some kind was over taking a lorry on the phone realised he would not make it, he caused the lorry to JACKNIFE into my brother putting him on a life support machine also broken femur and arm and ribs the list goes on.... my mum had multiple ribs broken with dislocated shoulder and many other small wounds

try seeing ur borther on life support because of a man saying WE MUST REACH OUR TARGETS, COCK

i think people deserve all they get

[Edited on 11-12-2009 by corsa120]

[Edited on 11-12-2009 by corsa120]
Colin

11th Dec 09 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I can remember this one time I was driving along minding my own business then some prize idiot cut me up while on their phone.

Fucker made me drop my kebab...chilli sauce & coke all over the dash & down my new trousers!!

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Using your mobile while driving - its getting popular again! 22 database queries in 0.0106940 seconds