corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snow Leave

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Snow Leave
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Jan 10 at 21:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Todays problem, dual carriageways where only the left hand lane is clear.

Despite the one lane being perfectly clear due to the heavy traffic, some tripehounds feel the need to do 35mph, because the right hand lane isn't clear you can't get away with doing any speed on it so you have to sit behind the fanny doing 35mph

I would guess the reason some clot may feel the need to drive at 35mph on a perfectly clear piece of tarmac would be their fear of hitting black ice but hitting ice at 35 mph is quite likely to end badly anyway so the whole reasoning behind it is pointless and therefore it's incredibly annoying and I feel I should be allowed to punch anyone that decides to do such a thing, square in the face

[Edited on 08-01-2010 by Mike B]
Nic Barnes

8th Jan 10 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

completely feel your pain
Andrew

8th Jan 10 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was annoying me yesterday Mike. Me doing 60/70 on a clear streach and some goons pulling out in front of you doing 40MPH..
Cole

8th Jan 10 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

weve got more snow here now and sunday looks bad nice journey to work monday only seen gritter lorries once this week and that was this morning
Ojc

8th Jan 10 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Next week is going to be worse I just know it.
SetH

User status: Online
8th Jan 10 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think your right there, more snowfall on compacted frozen slush and ass excrement.
Mike
Premium Member

8th Jan 10 at 22:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the other end of the scale, last night I was quite shocked by a whole other form of numpty.

I'll set the scene, I was driving down a main road, it's on a slight incline and I was approaching a side road (ungritted, very icy), there was a car waiting to pull out in the same direction I was going and because of the conditions I was taking it easy so I flashed the other car to let him go first.

At this point utter stupidity kicked in Y0! The eejit appeared to rev the car slightly and then dump the clutch

As the wheels continued to spin without the car moving an inch

After a few seconds of wheelspin the front end began to slide down the hill, the back wheels were still stationary at this point. After a few seconds of sliding the tyres managed to find the slightest bit of grip and the car slowly started to roll forwards whilst the front end was still sliding down the hill.

Around 20 seconds after I first flashed, the front wheels actually managed to get onto the main road and gripped at which point the tool behind the wheel booted it off down the hill, looked like he ended up doing around 40mph down a 30 road that is still VERY slippy in places

I was glad I let him out tho, much rather that than a Mitsubishi Spacestar shaped dent in the back of my Corsa
Chris x

8th Jan 10 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cole
weve got more snow here now and sunday looks bad nice journey to work monday only seen gritter lorries once this week and that was this morning
All roads in Bexhill are under 3" of snow. Just about made it up the dual carrige way in Bexhill with a snow plough behind me!
Mike
Premium Member

8th Jan 10 at 22:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That would've made a boss 'your doing it wrong' pic
Chris x

8th Jan 10 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was helping him. My splitter acts as a snow plough!

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snow Leave 22 database queries in 0.1232700 seconds