corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I have no luck with cars :( UPDATED

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I have no luck with cars :( UPDATED
A2H GO

User status: Offline
3rd Feb 10 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As i like the car, what would be a reasonable amount to ask for in order to compensate for the difference in the models?
stu_c

3rd Feb 10 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£1000 easily
A2H GO

3rd Feb 10 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stu_c
£1000 easily

Really, i paid £7500 for the car, i cant see any 2007 120 models for around the £6500 mark, infact lowest with XP is closer to £8000....
ajscorsa

3rd Feb 10 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Enough to pay for a remap and a tank of fuel imo
lozarus

3rd Feb 10 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

imo he is folding. ringing you up asking you to bring it back because someone else wants it, has he bollox got anyone else ready to buy it he just see's that as an easy way out of something which if it did go to court he would get bent over

£1000 or it going to court i'd say
Fro

3rd Feb 10 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Odds are he has been looking up to see if he's in the right or wrong and is realising he is going to get shafted if it goes to court.
A2H GO

3rd Feb 10 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hes called again asking if im going to bring it back tomorrow, i said ive tried to arrange something but its not possible. I also explained that even if i do bring it back and get the £7500 back i will still be nearly £100 down after ive cashe the tax disk back in, he said he couldnt care less and if i dont get it back tomorow he will see me in court.
stu_c

3rd Feb 10 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh-Sport
Hes called again asking if im going to bring it back tomorrow, i said ive tried to arrange something but its not possible. I also explained that even if i do bring it back and get the £7500 back i will still be nearly £100 down after ive cashe the tax disk back in, he said he couldnt care less and if i dont get it back tomorow he will see me in court.

how can he take you to court honestly??

cheeky little sod

if he is offering you money back then he is admitting liability straight away otherwise he would offer nothing and stand his ground

tell him to get his head out of his arse and give u your money back

fecking winds me up when i see people being bullied/ripped off over this amount of money.

alternatvley.......

burn the cheeky little bleeders garage down then he will be fecked
corsayoung

3rd Feb 10 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make sure you log all the phone calls he sends you, etc times etc and number used.
adiohead

3rd Feb 10 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

tell him it's his mistake so he can collect it.
and that you want the money transferred into your account before collection (otherwise he might keep it).

if not, you'll have to go the court route. but it what you've been saying is correct, then you will/should win.

but get some advice from a solicitor. they'll be able to go over it and make sure you haven't missed anything that could cause a loss

[Edited on 03-02-2010 by adiohead]
Nath

3rd Feb 10 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

What an absolute cunt.
andys sxi
Premium Member

3rd Feb 10 at 18:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would be very careful how you get your money back i wouldnt leave him with the car and wait for the money to clear i would want a bank transfer or cash because if you have give him the car you dont know what hes going to do, he wont be bothered once hes got the car back

April 08 feature car
Corsa_Sport21

3rd Feb 10 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was speaking to the GF about this as she is studying law at college.
She said if its in black and white that youve been mis-sold something that isnt as described,you have every right not to want it and get your money back.

Take him to the cleaners.
Kano

3rd Feb 10 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I was you I'd be pulling a sicky, taking it back and be done with it. Everyone saying to go to court etc obviously dont realise how much hassle it would cause you.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

3rd Feb 10 at 18:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take it back and leave it
chrisritch

3rd Feb 10 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take a dump in the heater matrix before you take it back tbh
patmore

3rd Feb 10 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get traiding standards involed as he automaticly has to put 6 months warenty on a vehical if it is sold by a registered traider

[Edited on 03-02-2010 by patmore]
Warren G

3rd Feb 10 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

before you go shouting your mouth off

is it a 8v 120bhp? are you sure

take a pic of the engine bay

as to me it looks like a 150bhp version, as they didnt bring out the 120bhp 8valves in the sport hatch untill later on...
A2H GO

3rd Feb 10 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Warren G
before you go shouting your mouth off

is it a 8v 120bhp? are you sure

take a pic of the engine bay

as to me it looks like a 150bhp version, as they didnt bring out the 120bhp 8valves in the sport hatch untill later on...

It comes up as 120bhp on the numberplate search and is 120bhp on the original receipt from Vauxhall 3 years ago. The oil filler cap is also on the left of the engine?
Warren G

3rd Feb 10 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on the left, 120 8valve then
A2H GO

3rd Feb 10 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kano
If I was you I'd be pulling a sicky, taking it back and be done with it. Everyone saying to go to court etc obviously dont realise how much hassle it would cause you.

I would but ill be £85 down if i take it back(fuel and insurance admin charge for changing over) which i wouldnt have had to pay if they had advertised it correctly(i can cash the tax back in but probs wont get the full amount back), plus i have no one to bring me back.
Generation

3rd Feb 10 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

+ your one les sick day down aswell
16vKarlos

3rd Feb 10 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plus you are going to have to change your insurance again for another new car
Tiger

3rd Feb 10 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cut your losses and get it back to him asap for no less than what you paid for it.

Never buy a vehicle without HPI check first, just don't do it, its insane not to, it would have told you everything you needed for about £3.
A2H GO

3rd Feb 10 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
Cut your losses and get it back to him asap for no less than what you paid for it.

Never buy a vehicle without HPI check first, just don't do it, its insane not to, it would have told you everything you needed for about £3.

He has given me until tomorrow to take i back, i don't want to be uncooperative but i cant take a sick day to travel 100 miles to return a car because they advertised incorrectly, to have to then pay £33 to walk through bradfod with £7500 to get the train back and after it all still be out of pocket. If anything they should be out of pocket not me. :

[Edited on 03-02-2010 by CorsAsh-Sport]

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I have no luck with cars :( UPDATED 23 database queries in 0.0701060 seconds