corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsa xe drivers.... just interested to see what cars you have raced or had fun with?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa xe drivers.... just interested to see what cars you have raced or had fun with?
SetH

User status: Offline
21st Feb 10 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:
Originally posted by scoob
i cant see why an xe wouldnt keep up with a uk turbo? there not that quick

indeed. people are blinded by the rally car status and its just a corsa type thoughts.

Not really I live in the real world of the crap road surfaces in the uk, slippy conditions, bends etc etc.

I really do think this arguement is pointless but on perfect straight tarmac from 30-90 I can see a 150bhp xe corsa being fairly even with a UK turbo impreza but cant see it passing it.

On a 0-100 dash I cant see your 'average' XE corsa winning both drivers being of equal skill. Im sure someone will go on about a stripped XE with LSD, Sticky tyres etc but im looking at what i'd see as an average in real world conditions.

Everyone harks on about the weight advantage of the corsa but dont forget a classic impreza isnt exactly a heavy car. A V5 STi weights 1260kg iirc (Same as a 1.6 focus) and has 300bhp out of the box (280 is the gentlemans agreement mickey mouse figure).

As for LET vs STi, again in the real world I think the fact the impreza can get nearly all of its power down in 90% of road/weather conditions negates the weight advantage that the Corsa is going to have.

So lets say you have a well sorted LET, 300bhp, big brakes, suspension, LSD, properly set up etc even though im still skeptical you will get the power down how much did it cost to buid your let?

Spend the Same on the STI and youve got a 400bhp monster with a chassis that can actually cope and take full advantage of it.

Ive never driven a LET Corsa (would like to though), I can only go on the various High powered VAG FWD turbo cars that i have been in/driven and they are great at dual carriage way runs etc but a B road blast? forget it.

How many of you have been in a 'standard' STI Type R down a B road, absolute weapon even a well sorted LET would not stand a chance.

So GTF with your 30-100 dry tarmac motorway comparisons
Nic Barnes

21st Feb 10 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck that kid. id smash it 0-170.
SetH

21st Feb 10 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who you calling kid sunshine? your pants are coming off.

Also I have no idea what you drive bud.
Nic Barnes

21st Feb 10 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and another thing kid. if i wanted an impreza id buy a fuckin impreza.
SetH

21st Feb 10 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how nice for you
steel

21st Feb 10 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
quote:
quote:

indeed. people are blinded by the rally car status and its just a corsa type thoughts.

Not really I live in the real world of the crap road surfaces in the uk, slippy conditions, bends etc etc.

I really do think this arguement is pointless but on perfect straight tarmac from 30-90 I can see a 150bhp xe corsa being fairly even with a UK turbo impreza but cant see it passing it.

On a 0-100 dash I cant see your 'average' XE corsa winning both drivers being of equal skill. Im sure someone will go on about a stripped XE with LSD, Sticky tyres etc but im looking at what i'd see as an average in real world conditions.

Everyone harks on about the weight advantage of the corsa but dont forget a classic impreza isnt exactly a heavy car. A V5 STi weights 1260kg iirc (Same as a 1.6 focus) and has 300bhp out of the box (280 is the gentlemans agreement mickey mouse figure).

As for LET vs STi, again in the real world I think the fact the impreza can get nearly all of its power down in 90% of road/weather conditions negates the weight advantage that the Corsa is going to have.

So lets say you have a well sorted LET, 300bhp, big brakes, suspension, LSD, properly set up etc even though im still skeptical you will get the power down how much did it cost to buid your let?

Spend the Same on the STI and youve got a 400bhp monster with a chassis that can actually cope and take full advantage of it.

Ive never driven a LET Corsa (would like to though), I can only go on the various High powered VAG FWD turbo cars that i have been in/driven and they are great at dual carriage way runs etc but a B road blast? forget it.

How many of you have been in a 'standard' STI Type R down a B road, absolute weapon even a well sorted LET would not stand a chance.

agreed!

impreza are weapons down b roads!

taking my stepdads for a dyno run tomoro, cant wait
rbailey88

21st Feb 10 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lil_g
Fiesta ST
Civic Type R
Astra GSi Turbo
Corsa VXR

XE used to pull from the ST, and the other 3 would not lose or gain any ground to acceleration wise. Both turbos pulled away after 100+

thats what i was hoping to see more of.
rbailey88

21st Feb 10 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
oh and another thing kid. if i wanted an impreza id buy a fuckin impreza.

haha
weddy1988

21st Feb 10 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by steel
quote:
Originally posted by SetH
quote:
quote:

agreed!

impreza are weapons down b roads!

taking my stepdads for a dyno run tomoro, cant wait

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.....STOP!! suckin impretza cock

A uk turbo 220 bhp and has to power a 4 wheel drive system ?

they are not that fast

a good XE is more than able on a dry day with good tyres and no million bucks worth of sounds/cheap slags in the back
callum_browns_sport

21st Feb 10 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cars my xe has beaten

scoby wrx
civic type Rs (more than 1)
integra type r
clio turbo (not sure what engine it had)
106 gti
saxo vts
nova 2L 8v (striped out)
fiesta st
mk 4 golf gti (more than 1)
loads of starlets
renault 5 gt turbo

cars ive been beaten by
audi s3
focus st 300bhp
astra vxr 280bhp
scoby sti wrx
mk 3 astra turbo

my corsa has a standerd re built c20xe in with a exhaust system so about 150bhp or ther abouts

[Edited on 21-02-2010 by callum_browns_sport]
Ash_EP3

21st Feb 10 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by callum_browns_sport
cars my xe has beaten

scoby wrx
civic type Rs (more than 1)
integra type r
clio turbo (not sure what engine it had)
106 gti
saxo vts
nova 2L 8v (striped out)
fiesta st
mk 4 golf gti (more than 1)
loads of starlets
renault 5 gt turbo

cars ive been beaten by
audi s3
focus st 300bhp
astra vxr 280bhp
scoby sti wrx
mk 3 astra turbo

my corsa has a standerd re built c20xe in with a exhaust system so about 150bhp or ther abouts

[Edited on 21-02-2010 by callum_browns_sport]

Must have been a new one or tuned old one?
callum_browns_sport

21st Feb 10 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a 3.2 one it wasnt a 1.8 turbo it sounded like a jet lol
Jamie_Hastings1

22nd Feb 10 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought all S3S were 1.8 Turbos?
callum_browns_sport

22nd Feb 10 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no you can get bigger ones
Ben G

22nd Feb 10 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
Fiesta ST`s are SLOW for what the owners think they are, they are huge fun to smoke

of course they are. they're heavy and only 150bhp from a 2.0 16v engine which is a bad power figure nowadays. diabolical mistake from ford but they sold shit loads so people obviously either like them or buy them without test driving them.
bubble

22nd Feb 10 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had my xe a few years ago that was cammed and mapped to suit. 421 manifold and a few other bits n bobs, i would keep with ctr's and get past some, for some reason i killed a few clios (172 or 182 i dont know) and had a few scooby owners worried-never passed them but couldnt shake me.

all depends on driver, and penis size apparently
Fro

22nd Feb 10 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie_Hastings1
I thought all S3S were 1.8 Turbos?

The older ones were 1.8t's newer ones are 2.0t. They did a 3.2 a3 but they werent s3's as far as i was aware?
callum_browns_sport

22nd Feb 10 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh mush have just been a a3 3.2 then ive raced a sti clasic shape it was off the lights and we both had 4 pepole in our cars and it was quicker off the lights but he couldnt shake me but i couldnt pass it ive also been beaten by a pulsar in the same way i was on its tail but couldnt pass it
DAZ1985

22nd Feb 10 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had fun blowing mine up for two reasons 1 i think thier shit and overated and 2 excuse to go turbo
steven_r2008

22nd Feb 10 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

they really aren't that fast my brothers mk4 gsi turbo (phase1) used to beat them (he sold it) and he had someone in an xe (unsure of the mods but it wasn't standard) try and race him uphill. brothers mk4 pulled about 3-4 car lengths over about 100m, so an xe corsa is completely capable of at least sitting on the rear end of a uk impreza, as said before they are only around 220 bhp and weigh about 500kg more than a standard (non stripped) corsa
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

22nd Feb 10 at 14:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my 1.4 xe smashed a few vtrs
my 1.6 xe was giving a good go against a new shape civic type s - he was pulling away ever so slightly, but not as much as he should have been
Linch

22nd Feb 10 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This pushed (could of overtook) a Evo 8 all the way to 130, then the final drive topped out and it pulled away

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laEDplXfCyk

I know because I was Driving it.
Nic Barnes

22nd Feb 10 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i pushed a lambo out the way as it couldnt accelerate quick enough from 90 up wards on the m6. Super car my arse. Xe for the win.
Eddx14xe

22nd Feb 10 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i pushed a lambo out the way as it couldnt accelerate quick enough from 90 up wards on the m6. Super car my arse. Xe for the win.

Mike GSi

22nd Feb 10 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PoWeR tO wEiGhT init!

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsa xe drivers.... just interested to see what cars you have raced or had fun with? 22 database queries in 0.0162852 seconds