corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Next person to come in my shop and say something dumb gets dead

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Next person to come in my shop and say something dumb gets dead
BarnshaW

User status: Offline
7th Jul 10 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"CUSTOMER: "oh forget it, I will go and buy one from someone who isnt trying to ripp me off"

ME: "I would like it if you left the shop before I lose my temper sir" "

your reply to him right there was completely stupid , did not sound to me like the customer was a nutter? maybe pissy about you guys not selling what he wanted but being told to "leave before the manager loses his temper" and "fuck off" is crap service. fact.
Marc

7th Jul 10 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by _Allan_
go on Marc, what's the worse that could happen?

Could have been hung out to dry.
Dr Pepper

7th Jul 10 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
The point you are all missing is - The guy wasnt a customer - he was a nutter - I was reasonable and perfectly polite untill he refused to leave and carried on accusing me of things. He wasnt looking to buy anything, he wanted an argument- god knows why .... he got told where to go

Fair enough, but you could have just ridden it out and the guy would have eventually got bored and left.

We used to get people wanting fake computer games etc, fair enough we had the advantage of just hanging up, but we let them have their say then ended the call. You could have done the same.

What about if there was a genuine new customer in the store that you couldn't see (for all the washing machines say ) and they only heard you saying get the fuck out? Could put a lot of people off.

was no one else here ... i didnt just tell him to fuck off because he wanted a fake computer game? He was in my face accusing me of lying and ripping him off .... I dont accept that especially when all I had done was to offer him a cracking price on what he originally asked for?
K2 GTi

aren't people taught customer service these days?
jungle

if anyone had ever talked to me like that when i was trying to buy anything they would end up flattend on the floor!

altho i would'nt speak out of turn to anyone unless they had pushed me over the edge!
Dr Pepper

7th Jul 10 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
"CUSTOMER: "oh forget it, I will go and buy one from someone who isnt trying to ripp me off"

ME: "I would like it if you left the shop before I lose my temper sir" "

your reply to him right there was completely stupid , did not sound to me like the customer was a nutter? maybe pissy about you guys not selling what he wanted but being told to "leave before the manager loses his temper" and "fuck off" is crap service. fact.

jesus - are you dumb?

Up to that point i have been perfectly nice to him, have told him we do what he wants and offered him a cracking deal on a miele.

He then goes off on one saying that is a ridulous price (it wasnt-it was agood price for what he asked for)

I then explained we of course do less expensive appliances and ask how much he is looking to spend so I know roughly what level of appliance to show him.

He says £100, I simply say that there is no machine on the market for that value ...... I would have gone on to say maybe he would like to look at a recon or second hand machine elsewhere

Before I could say anything he blows up again and says he is going eleswhere as I am ripping him off

I politlely ask him to leave

He then calls me a lyer

I tell him to get the fuck out

Hope that clears it up for you - I didnt just tell him to fuck off as he wanted a cheap machine?
Dr Pepper

7th Jul 10 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K2 GTi

you can only do so much - I gave him good customer service, he abused me for no reason, I asked him politely to leave as I could feel my temper rising .... he then called me a liar ---- I told him to fuck off

[Edited on 07-07-2010 by Dr Pepper]
BarnshaW

7th Jul 10 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am not really dumb because you have just added loads of extra information from your first post?
GF-91
Banned

7th Jul 10 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice how you know that no other company in the world is selling a washing machine for sub 100.
GF-91
Banned

quote:
I am not really dumb because you have just added loads of extra information from your first post?

This
Dr Pepper

quote:

dont people read the whole thread before they post these days? I offered him perfectly good customer service untill he turned into a raving mad man just because I gave him a good price on what he asked for, then explained he couldnt buy what hewanted for the money he had avalaible ..... he had no reason to abuse, he was asked to leave politely and he didnt
BarnshaW

7th Jul 10 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

listen, just stop trying to defend yourself, you gave a bad service, you expected people on here to back you up and laugh with you, maybe delete the post because you are looking a bit silly now.
Jamie Walby

On one hand I can sympathise with you here. I own and run a shop and some of the customers are arseholes and we have told people to fuck off before.

However in this case, it seems you lost it pretty quickly. Its almost like you missed out half the story Ive never lost my temper with a customer that quickly.

To be fair though I dont see why some customers think they can talk to shop workers the way they do.

Ive been accused of being responsible for a bloke driving his R/C car into a kerb before. He wanted me to fix it and supply the parts for free because 'it came from my shop and I should accept responsibility for the products I sell'
GF-91
Banned

quote:
quote:

you can only do so much - I gave him good customer service, he abused me for no reason, I asked him politely to leave as I could feel my temper rising .... he then called me a liar ---- I told him to fuck off

He didn't abuse you. He didn't swear at you or call you a badger or anything of the sort. You really need to walk around the ghetto, then you'll see abuse.
Dr Pepper

7th Jul 10 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GF-91
Nice how you know that no other company in the world is selling a washing machine for sub 100.

I can only tell him what I know ... and I know of no company who could possibly produce a washing machine and sell it for less than £100 ...... they have hardly ever gone below 200 even when servis ect were selling at a loss. We dont recommend any machine for less than £300 as it is false economy unless you are on a really tight budget ..... I would have explained this if he hadnt of started accusing me of doing something I wasnt guilty of.

considering I have been buying and selling white goods in large quantities everyday for years im in a good position to know what is out there on the market

Dr Pepper

7th Jul 10 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

He didn't abuse you. He didn't swear at you or call you a badger or anything of the sort. You really need to walk around the ghetto, then you'll see abuse.

wow - I really hope your not serious and just fishing here ... other wise that is a stupid reply

Slander is a form of abuse as is falsly accusing someone of an offence they havnt commited
GF-91
Banned

7th Jul 10 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sorry but anyone who knows anything about customer service knows you went completely the wrong way about it.
You lost your nerve really quickly, I really do hope it's a mystery shopper and it get put in the paper or something.

You're a manager with a bad attitude, something tells me word will get round about your place and people will avoid it because of the negative feedback.

Keep being awful, see if that benefits your company.
GF-91
Banned

7th Jul 10 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

wow - I really hope your not serious and just fishing here ... other wise that is a stupid reply

Slander is a form of abuse as is falsly accusing someone of an offence they havnt commited

You didn't say slander, you said abuse.
Dr Pepper

7th Jul 10 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You didn't say slander, you said abuse.

slander is abuse in my eyes , I,m sorry but I take serious offense to someone calling me a liar, or accusing me of fiddling them when all I did and all I ever do is try to sell customers what they want, at a good price in as friendly and helpfull a way as possible........ the other side of that is that I dont take any shit back off them just because they are a customer ...... especially when they are just nut jobs looking for an altercation
BarnshaW

7th Jul 10 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone with a decement management sense would know not to swear at customers....you went about it the wrong way, use it as a learning curve.
Dr Pepper

7th Jul 10 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
listen, just stop trying to defend yourself, you gave a bad service, you expected people on here to back you up and laugh with you, maybe delete the post because you are looking a bit silly now.

I wasnt looking for anything - just astonished that this giuy had walked in the shop and been completely mental with me and felt the need to tell someone as im by myself. I dont need to defend myself as I didnt do anything wrong in my eyes, I dont really care what you think - if you want to think you have won here well done .... give yourself a pat on the back and two internet warrior gold stars - I didnt realise I was starting a competition with this thread - if you need to think you have won in some way go ahead ......

since you a giving me advice .... I think you should maybe look intol some form or sporting activity - maybe use your competitive nature in that - rather than being an internet warrier

GF-91
Banned

7th Jul 10 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Serious offence to someone calling you a liar? Bloody hell, god forbid someone made fun of your hair do or something you might go derrick bird on them
MarkSport

7th Jul 10 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
quote:
You know what, I hope it's a mystery shopper.

"So, how did it go?"

"Told me to get the fuck out of his store"

lmao
GF-91
Banned

7th Jul 10 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I wasnt looking for anything - just astonished that this giuy had walked in the shop and been completely mental with me and felt the need to tell someone as im by myself. I dont need to defend myself as I didnt do anything wrong in my eyes, I dont really care what you think - if you want to think you have won here well done .... give yourself a pat on the back and two internet warrior gold stars

Completely mental with you?

You went completely mental with him if anything.
fir3vip3r

7th Jul 10 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

dont people read the whole thread before they post these days? I offered him perfectly good customer service untill he turned into a raving mad man just because I gave him a good price on what he asked for, then explained he couldnt buy what hewanted for the money he had avalaible ..... he had no reason to abuse, he was asked to leave politely and he didnt

Im sorry, does that mean customer service is only relevant to a point? Yes he's an idiot, and is a massive time waster, but I still dont see the need to start swearing at people and bringing yourself down to there level. In this case I wouldve taken the moral high ground "unfortunately sir, we have no washing machines in your price range, the nearest I can get is the XXX at £XX.XX"

And you say he wasnt a customer, im sorry someone looking to buy a washing machine and has cash, albeit a pitiful amount could be looked upon as a customer.

Also on the last point you didnt like him being slanderous towards yourself, im not too sure people take kindly to being sworn at.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Next person to come in my shop and say something dumb gets dead 22 database queries in 0.0173671 seconds