corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Finding the owner of a numberplate

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Finding the owner of a numberplate
P1CK4D

User status: Offline
21st Jul 10 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
No harm in asking is there. As mentioned, everything has a price

How much for your bumhole?
fir3vip3r

21st Jul 10 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A thread where Pickford has placed some replies that are coherent and slightly intelligent! I must admit, i never thought id see this day.
Graham88

21st Jul 10 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whilst I see some of his points valid, it'd be no different to me knocking on the door and asking if his car was for sale.
Bissmire

21st Jul 10 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Whilst I see some of his points valid, it'd be no different to me knocking on the door and asking if his car was for sale.

Don't waste your breath mate
fir3vip3r

21st Jul 10 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Youll be lucky to get anywhere with the DVLA, remember there are data protection constraints etc If you had a reason to need the details of the registered owner and have a legitimate reason for doing so, you could apply for freedom of information. But i doubt theyd give out details for "wanting to buy a numberplate" Worth a shot if your desperate?
Bissmire

21st Jul 10 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fir3vip3r
quote:

Youll be lucky to get anywhere with the DVLA, remember there are data protection constraints etc If you had a reason to need the details of the registered owner and have a legitimate reason for doing so, you could apply for freedom of information. But i doubt theyd give out details for "wanting to buy a numberplate" Worth a shot if your desperate?

Not a chance, I have already tried. As said before, they will only note you down as interested, and notify you when/if the plate becomes available.
Graham88

21st Jul 10 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Suppose that's better than nothing! I'm only going by the fact that if I bought a car with a plate I thought meant nothing, then someone rings me up and offers me £300, I'm thinking result!
Bissmire

21st Jul 10 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly, it would be a win-win situation. A lot of people wouldn't realise they have c£300 strapped to the front of their car!
Graham88

21st Jul 10 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Precisely my point.
fir3vip3r

21st Jul 10 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can see both sides of the argument. But I cant see anything being implemented. Too many constraints etc and cost etc. The only way it would ever be done is if it was profitable for the DVLA
Graham88

21st Jul 10 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is really as they'd be making money in the transfer
Bissmire

21st Jul 10 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, it's worth seeing if the car is MOT'd and taxed using the online systems. If a car has been scrapped or SORN with the plate still on, it's as good as gone unfortunately
fir3vip3r

21st Jul 10 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

But weighed up against the demand of the service, the extra cost of employees. All adds up
Bissmire

21st Jul 10 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

But weighed up against the demand of the service, the extra cost of employees. All adds up

I doubt it would be profitable creating a whole new department etc, but maybe a charge of say £10 for each enquiry, plus a £10 annual fee to remain as the interestd party could..

Of course it is all pipe dreams, but what else will pass the day at work?!
Robbo

21st Jul 10 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bissmire
quote:
quote:

Not a chance, I have already tried. As said before, they will only note you down as interested, and notify you when/if the plate becomes available.
you were well fobbed off
Robbo

21st Jul 10 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you please give me your address so I cna start sendign round random hobos to make fofers fo things you own ?
Graham88

21st Jul 10 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just being silly now aren't you. My mates own a couple of cars that were sitting on a driveway for a long time, they knocked on the door, gave an offer and got accepted. You don't ask you don't get.
Nath

21st Jul 10 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bissmire
quote:

Don't waste your breath mate

alan-g-w

21st Jul 10 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't give anything I own to a hobo for a fofer Robbo. I don't even know what that is.
Nath

21st Jul 10 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
I wouldn't give anything I own to a hobo for a fofer Robbo. I don't even know what that is.

Bissmire

21st Jul 10 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Can you please give me your address so I cna start sendign round random hobos to make fofers fo things you own ?

Because that's the same as a one off phonecall from the DVLA? You seem a wanker mate and I'd prefer it if you didn't try to be funny.
16vKarlos

21st Jul 10 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it would be a good idea if the DVLA invented an added part of their department.

1 - All they would need to do is put another number in their telephone options... (Press 4 for number plate enquiries)

2 - You tell them the plate you want in my case (2012 it will be KA12 LOS)

3 - Ok sir/Madam, I will make a phone call to the owner of this vehicle and see if they are interested in selling the Plate and i shall get back to you Via an Email

Continued vv
4 - If the owner does not want to sell the plate I will put you on the 'PERSONS INTERESTED' List

Its really not going to cost them any money.. it's one more thing that they can/WOULD make a lot of money from.

People get old and think.. well if the car is going to be binned then i best bin the plate too...... thats when you find out the plate says something like GR8 D4D or some random other digits.

All done
Graham88

22nd Jul 10 at 02:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly!
P1CK4D

22nd Jul 10 at 05:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 16vKarlos
Its really not going to cost them any money.. it's one more thing that they can/WOULD make a lot of money from.

You make it sound like that only a handful of people are going to do it if its available. If a service is available, the demand will be high, majority being timewaster just fancy seeing if they can get a cool plate (thats the kind of world we live in today) Also, from that, you think the owner is going to be readily available to answer the phone when the DVLA calls, or reply to an E-mail or letter? For the time and effort the DVLA would have to implicate to do this, then constantly trying and 'harrasing' if the owner isn't that way inclind to answer to random number which would look like a fucking wanker call centre. I honestly believe only a handful end up as genuine sales. Also, adding to that, as Graham mentioned in his first post, the exact plate he wants, is already taken. But he mentioned getting another thats close enough (with 2 digits instead). If people want something, but can't have exactly what they want, they go for the next best thing just so they have it. This 'interested list' is bullshit IMHO.
Bissmire

22nd Jul 10 at 07:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Finding the owner of a numberplate 22 database queries in 0.0171850 seconds