corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Road rants for today

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Road rants for today
sc0ott

User status: Offline
28th Jul 10 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heres another annoying thing. when youre behind someone who constantly brakes and when you see that the cars in front dont brake but that person still does it why dont they just take their foot of the gas and roll to a stop. no one in front is stopping so there is no need to be constantly braking. its even worse at night because eventually you get pissed off with the brake lights.

[Edited on 28-07-2010 by sc0ott]
Ben G

28th Jul 10 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my biggest gripe at the moment is the shocking amount of people sitting in the middle lane down the A13 on my way to/from work.

it's terrible.

after my late shift i usually drive down the inside lane for 10 miles (distance from work to home) undertaking every other idiot because they refuse to use the ''inferior lane''.

it's got to the point where i've gone down the inside lane to undertake instead of overtaking them just to prove a point.

when i toot at them they act as if they've done nothing wrong
sc0ott

28th Jul 10 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by harrisp
quote:
Originally posted by mike56gte
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mike56gte
quote:
another thing i fucking hate is when a two lane 70mph road merges into an one lane (because of a entry slip road thingy thing) and you have a slow lorry in one lane and another next to it to stop everyone over taking it and then at the last minute the lorry in the slow lane would let the other in front. this causes huge fucking tail backs the size of my dick near enough.

[Edited on 27-07-2010 by sc0ott]

why would a 2 inch tailback annoy you??

how did you know

there's a thread about it in premium lounge

You aren't meant to discuss premium threads with non premium members.

i am a premium member. i just decided not to have the avatar, search function, signature, green thing in the name etc etc benefits

But you still have the search function.

where?

Top of the page.Wee pic of a microscope with search written under it.

a got that took off.
chr15barn3s

28th Jul 10 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Far to many to list!

Middle lane drivers, people who are overtaking in the fast lane who refuse to pull into a gap big enough so I or a faster travelling car can go past them, people who can't use roundabouts, people who comfort brake by tapping it for no reason at all, people who can't use lanes, people who when overtaking you on motorways take so fucking long and then end up just sitting on your rear quater because they can't keep their speed under control, people who drive with fog lights on. Theres plenty more which I can't think of at the moment.
Jambo

28th Jul 10 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yes people who can't keep a constant speed fuck me that's irritating.
jacko198

28th Jul 10 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
quote:
Originally posted by jacko198
Went up to the lakes on Friday.

Was on the M6 doing 70 on in traffic in the outside lane overtaking still overtaking people. Then a twat in a Jag comes flying up behind me flashing his lights and with his indicator on to try and get me to move over I just waved and carried on.

What pisses me off is why he bloody did it! Dont know wether he was expecting me to move, then the next car and so on. Next thing i know he is bombing it down a clearing in the slow lane, cutting into the middle, then flying into the fast lane causing everyone to whack on there brakes. Tit!

I like closing the gap between you and the car in front when you see someone coming up the middle lane with a plan to do this, they get sooo annoyed

The other one is when your overtaking traffic at a steady 80-85, no reason for you to move over and some twat in a BMW or Audi comes up behind you at 3 figures flashing you out the way... Like fuck am I moving when I'm in the OVERTAKING lane for a reason.

My real gripe is 40 in a 60 > 40 in a 30.

Got to agree there Pow, thats why i just waved and carried on haha
SashaSXI

28th Jul 10 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People who cant use their mirrors or indicate properly...

Happens far to often overtaking on Motorway/Duel. Indicator on, they are straight out there in front of you, and you've just shit yourself....

[Edited on 28-07-2010 by SashaSXI]
mattk

28th Jul 10 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
some twat in a BMW or Audi comes up behind you at 3 figures flashing you out the way... Like fuck am I moving

I get this lots, I tend to let them stay behine me for a bit, slow them down to 75ish, then when the middle lane is empty enough move over and boot it so they cant get past normaly have enough space to pull back out when you get to the next car in the middle lane

Obviously only works with cars that are slower than the one your driving
nathy_87

28th Jul 10 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People doign 70mph in the outside lane then you undertake (shouldn't I know) then they go barmy. Or You flash them, they move over and give you greif.

People not moving over for emergency service veichles on a single carrigeway.
noshua

28th Jul 10 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone else become instantly angry upon reading this thread?
Graham88

28th Jul 10 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
quote:
Originally posted by pow
some twat in a BMW or Audi comes up behind you at 3 figures flashing you out the way... Like fuck am I moving

I get this lots, I tend to let them stay behine me for a bit, slow them down to 75ish, then when the middle lane is empty enough move over and boot it so they cant get past normaly have enough space to pull back out when you get to the next car in the middle lane

Obviously only works with cars that are slower than the one your driving

In fairness though, presuming the middle lane is empty then you are in the wrong
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

28th Jul 10 at 18:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A Picasso overtook me this morning on the M62, he was in the outside lane, me in the middle, then he saw a motorway maintenance vehicle on the hard shoulder, paniced because he was doing maybe 75mph and anchored on, despite the 3 cars that were behind him. Because of this I naturally overtook him, I was then watching in my mirror. As he was still in a paniced state he then cut up the van behind me and a car in the slow lane, all because someone was probably moving part of a tyre on the hardshoulder and this clot thought it was police, despite the markings being different colours
oceansoul

28th Jul 10 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont know if its already been mentioned;

People who dont understand roundabouts. I.e. Want to turn right or take the last exit so they sit in the left lane and go all the way round the roundabout in the left lane cutting everyone up.

Or people wanting the first exit (turning left) so they sit in the right lane, then immediately cut across every one to get to the left
shaunmods
Premium Member

28th Jul 10 at 18:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just thought of another one. People who take the piss to over take on the motorway!. When im in the left hand lane I constantly get people who just sit next to you in the middle lane Either go past or move out the bastard way!

Also have a massive hate for tailgaters. I get them loads in the Corsa! Sometimes they are that close I can't see their bonnet. I tend to slow to a crawl to piss them off even more

[Edited on 28-07-2010 by shaunmods]
monty46

28th Jul 10 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

two problems ive found on the road
Driving behind someone at night and they brake every time a car comes the other way and on a two lane motorway one lorry trying to overtake another when both are doing maximum speeds
sc0ott

29th Jul 10 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oceansoul
Dont know if its already been mentioned;

People who dont understand roundabouts. I.e. Want to turn right or take the last exit so they sit in the left lane and go all the way round the roundabout in the left lane cutting everyone up.

Or people wanting the first exit (turning left) so they sit in the right lane, then immediately cut across every one to get to the left

dont get me started on roundabouts. every day when im behind someone coming up to one they slow right down THEN look right when you can clearly see on most roundabouts if there is anything coming from the right.
or.
when someone stops at the roundabout to wait on a car thats miles away when there is enough time for 8 fucking lorries to get through before the on coming car even comes within pissing distance.
whitter45

29th Jul 10 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a shitty IS220D right up my arse this morning (I was in the VXR)

proceeded to cut out a junction through garage forecourt then join the motorway at which he got hemmed in cos no one would let him out including me

Then proceeded to follow off the motorway and tried to ram my car as we going around the large roundabout of the motorway

He then got shown his arse on the dual carriageway only to make himself look worse when i puuled up at the lights

He opened his door and got out of his car but didnt relaise the lights were on green so just pulled away

Carried on following me going mad in his car until 3 others called him a wanker - then he dropped back and pulled off

Fucking scouse idiot - looked like a tan-tastic orange man rep

[Edited on 29-07-2010 by whitter45]

[Edited on 29-07-2010 by whitter45]
Steve
Premium Member

29th Jul 10 at 08:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what did you do to anger him
Ojc

29th Jul 10 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to go to work on the Dildo Kart
Steve
Premium Member

29th Jul 10 at 09:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that going to be your wedding present
Jambo

29th Jul 10 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If there is a car behind you going faster (no matter the make or model) and the middle lane is empty you are in the wrong.

Egos tbh
Ojc

29th Jul 10 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about if I'm doing 90+ in the outside lane and completeing an overtake and some twat in an diesel A3 is sat on my arse and I don't wish to go beyond 100mph to satisfy his ego.

I'd actually get out and fight people in Audi's, same as right now I want Steve to appear at my front door so I can give him a good going over.
Steve
Premium Member

29th Jul 10 at 09:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you please get over this jealousy you have centered around my car please
whitter45

29th Jul 10 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
what did you do to anger him

basically was passing traffic on a dual carriage way at 80mph but he didnt feel that was quick enough
whitter45

29th Jul 10 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
If there is a car behind you going faster (no matter the make or model) and the middle lane is empty you are in the wrong.

Egos tbh

explain how a 2 lane carriage way with a slolid line of traffic in the inside lane at 60 mph and me doing 80mph in the outside lane is in the wrong

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Road rants for today 22 database queries in 0.0164051 seconds