corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bust my bloody sunglasses!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bust my bloody sunglasses!
Root

User status: Offline
2nd Sep 10 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
You're still incorrect, it's not just brightness either, you've clearly never compared a set of half decent ones (don't have to cost hundreds) with a £1 pair.

I don't wear sunglasses at all because I'm a man.
John

2nd Sep 10 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not sure how you went from living below the poverty line with your sick cat to being the latest troll
RichR
Premium Member

2nd Sep 10 at 09:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would literally cry if I broke my Oakley Straight Jackets - I've had them for 11/12 years and I know where they are 24/7 - They're the one thing I would go back for if my house or car were on fire. I'm not materialistic, they;ve just been a constant in my life; I have 3 pairs of Oakleys but they're the ones I have a special bond with!!!

oh and they cost about £120 when I bought them many moons ago, so relative cost has been £10 a year which isn't bad. They'll last the same again and I bought them because I taught sailing and windsurfing and suffered water/reflective blindness one summer which I still struggle with now; only need the slightest brightness and I can't see - I need the protection of the Polarised lenses

[Edited on 02-09-2010 by LiVe LeE]
Root

2nd Sep 10 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'm not sure how you went from living below the poverty line with your sick cat to being the latest troll

living below the poverty line with my sick cat?

how was I living below the poverty line because I couldn't afford the operation at that current time? We still did though

You're a troll
John

2nd Sep 10 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, I'm referring to, http://www.c20xe.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=538369

Polarised lenses make a massive difference to the glare, something else a £1 bit of dark plastic doesn't.
Root

2nd Sep 10 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh ok. Well my financial status bears no relation to what sunglasses I purchase. I have a job now and I'm paying off my debts but I still wouldn't buy any
John

2nd Sep 10 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You buying them is irrelevant to whether they are better or not.
Root

2nd Sep 10 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You buying them is irrelevant to whether they are better or not.

meh, I didn't say they weren't better. I was trying to say that the cheapo ones offer SUFFICIENT protection for people with normal eyes. As in, you won't blind yourself unless you stare at the sun.

I don't wear any sunglasses, I sometimes look directly at the sun (by mistake or trying to see that airplane going past etc..you know how people do), and I'm not blind :s
RichR
Premium Member

2nd Sep 10 at 09:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You would if you damaged your eyes - It was one of the scariest experiences I've ever had and it happened when I had a pair of non-polarised, cheap(ish) "water specific" sunglasses on; cloudy vision in one eye and completely blank, white vision in the other and at the time not knowing it would improve back to my normal sight shit me up big time. I would never, ever go cheap with sunglasses again
ssj_kakarot

2nd Sep 10 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbf he has a point, its not like any one has ever actually became "blind" or even linked wearing cheap sunglasses to damaged vision if that were the case cheap sunglasses would not be on sale any more as every one would be suing them relentless.
RichR
Premium Member

2nd Sep 10 at 10:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot
tbf he has a point, its not like any one has ever actually became "blind" or even linked wearing cheap sunglasses to damaged vision if that were the case cheap sunglasses would not be on sale any more as every one would be suing them relentless.

He makes no point at all and of course they have proved that cheap/incorrect lenses can result in eye damage, its called "Photokeratitis" otherwise known as Snow blindness, reflective blindness, arc eye etc etc. hence why welders use wedling goggles/masks and why skiers/snowboarders/mountaineers will buy the correct lens for goggles/glasses-

[Edited on 02-09-2010 by LiVe LeE]
John

2nd Sep 10 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

He has no point, he's saying that because he wouldn't buy them they aren't any good.

His statements about most people not needing them are unfounded, is he an expert (or does he have any idea at all) on eyesight and the protection offered by different kinds of glasses?
GF-91
Banned

2nd Sep 10 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

He has no point, he's saying that because he wouldn't buy them they aren't any good.

His statements about most people not needing them are unfounded, is he an expert (or does he have any idea at all) on eyesight and the protection offered by different kinds of glasses?

If he was an expert he wouldn't be borrowing money to get an op for a cat. Or, chasing people around grimsby with a screwdriver.
CORSA NUT

2nd Sep 10 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root
I also fail to see how when you registered influences your opinions, or maybe people just ass lick the older members

It's called Respect
Tom G

2nd Sep 10 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a man and can cope with the sun in my eyes FFS!

But im not an action man or a brand whore who wears them to accesorise like a 12 year old girl
Nath

2nd Sep 10 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
How is it, I have managed to never need sunglasses, yet fassy's nare spending tupid money on them. Fashion accessory TBH...

Do you wear shit clothes?
Joe

2nd Sep 10 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have 4 pairs of sunglasses, this makes me practically female
ssj_kakarot

2nd Sep 10 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

nooooooo he is saying that for the majority of people and the slight ammount of sun exposure we get in the uk wearing cheap £1 lenses will not damage your eyes.

and is any one here an expert lol? are you?

and i dont profess to know a lot about them other than what i have briefly googled, however, i would presume the majority of the public in the uk do not own a decent pair of sunglasses, infact every single person from my group of friends manages to never use them at all, and funnily enough none of them are blind as of yet. so his point of most people not needing them is probally valid tbh, we simply dont get enough sunlight/uv factor for it to be a problem, its not the middle of the desert.

as for the welding example, well yes duh obviously that would hurt your eyes, who walks around welding metal in the sun though?

And its obvious sun can damage your eyes, we all know thats been proven, googling the correct term for it really doesnt mean a lot, the question is will the sun exposure we get in the uk result in damaged eyes, i would put money on it being no?

again if cheap glasses where that bad they wouldnt still be on sale

[Edited on 02-09-2010 by ssj_kakarot]
ssj_kakarot

2nd Sep 10 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
quote:
Originally posted by Root
I also fail to see how when you registered influences your opinions, or maybe people just ass lick the older members

It's called Respect

i fail to see how someone being registered on here longer than someone else demmands respect, there have been countless idiots registered years before i did ect and they do not deserve respect.
CORSA NUT

2nd Sep 10 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jeez man chill i was only joking

RichR
Premium Member

2nd Sep 10 at 18:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

nooooooo he is saying that for the majority of people and the slight ammount of sun exposure we get in the uk wearing cheap £1 lenses will not damage your eyes.

and is any one here an expert lol? are you?

and i dont profess to know a lot about them other than what i have briefly googled, however, i would presume the majority of the public in the uk do not own a decent pair of sunglasses, infact every single person from my group of friends manages to never use them at all, and funnily enough none of them are blind as of yet. so his point of most people not needing them is probally valid tbh, we simply dont get enough sunlight/uv factor for it to be a problem, its not the middle of the desert.

as for the welding example, well yes duh obviously that would hurt your eyes, who walks around welding metal in the sun though?

And its obvious sun can damage your eyes, we all know thats been proven, googling the correct term for it really doesnt mean a lot, the question is will the sun exposure we get in the uk result in damaged eyes, i would put money on it being no?

again if cheap glasses where that bad they wouldnt still be on sale

[Edited on 02-09-2010 by ssj_kakarot]

If you read what I fucking put you'd see that I didn't google it - I suffered it; I burned my cornea's through reflective blindness whilst teaching Sailing/Windsurfing in the fucking UK whilst wearing cheaper, note not cheap, non polarised sunglasses!!! So yes we do get enough exposure to UV in the UK to suffer it! It was the scariest fucking thing I've gone through thinking I'd lost my sight; it lasted about 36hours and I genuinely thought I'd never see again. So if anyone has at least a modicum of knowledge on the subject it'll be me! Arc eye is the common name for the condition siffered by exposure to Welding arc light, its the same fucking condition as exposure to Sun light UV so yes it is relevant.

In your first reply, You stated that no-one has gone blind because of exposure to the sun/UV light - well you're wrong, you even admit it in your last post!
Joe

2nd Sep 10 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All this commotion over a pair of shades.
RichR
Premium Member

2nd Sep 10 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and You miss the difference between a pair of protective sunglasses and Fashion glasses! That's the difference and why they're still on sale - Sunglasses come with UV ratings either on the tag or as a label stuck to the lens - what do you think that's there for -Sale gimmick?
Jake

2nd Sep 10 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
All this commotion over a pair of shades.

because you have john who could start an argument in a confessional and root who openly admitted that he gets sudden urges to act like a spastic
BarnshaW

2nd Sep 10 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am going to throw this into the air and see what happens:

I think £1 sun glasses offer the same protection if not more then a £120 pair of designer ones , thanks.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bust my bloody sunglasses! 22 database queries in 0.1989398 seconds