corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Football Thread - Sponsored by the burning of the Koran

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weekend Football Thread - Sponsored by the burning of the Koran
Whittie

User status: Offline
12th Sep 10 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't see any of the game, but phone highlights made it seem it was pretty matched?? Liverpool had a chance to get 3 points and get up there after everybodys shit results and blew it today
Nic Barnes

12th Sep 10 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
Didn't see any of the game, but phone highlights made it seem it was pretty matched?? Liverpool had a chance to get 3 points and get up there after everybodys shit results and blew it today

in all honesty, birmingham looked the most threatening. had quite a few good chances. liverpool not a lot to shout about really.
Whittie

12th Sep 10 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking forward to MOTD
strick206

13th Sep 10 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Tenner on Hodgson to be gone by May.

IMO it's not Hodgson's fault, Woy is proven to be a good manager

I personally think it is down to a very poor team, cba getting into who but i'll be very happy as long as he keeps playing right back (watch him have a brilliant game against us)

Far too many average players in that team, and then you have Gerrard who is looking a fraction of his former self, Torres still lethal though
Tom

13th Sep 10 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Tenner on Hodgson to be gone by May.

IMO it's not Hodgson's fault, Woy is proven to be a good manager

I personally think it is down to a very poor team, cba getting into who but i'll be very happy as long as he keeps playing right back (watch him have a brilliant game against us)

Far too many average players in that team, and then you have Gerrard who is looking a fraction of his former self, Torres still lethal though

That's a pretty poor assesment if you are talking about yesterday imo, i'll give you the johnson crticism, he looked severley lacking in confidence but he'll bounce back when he's got the right players around him. Hodgson seems to have adopted benitez's tactics, frighteningly similar and similar to how he set up away from home when he was in charge at fulham. Not enough movement by most of our players and i'll never understand having Lucas and Poulsen on the field together. On the plus side, Merieles looked a breath of fresh air when he came on and we have Cole to come back from suspension. Birmingham haven't been beaten at home for a year in the league, so it was never going to be an easy game.

Was nice to see everton get a point from the united game, if they had fergie time they'd have won

No one is beating chelsea in the league this year...

[Edited on 13-09-2010 by Tom]
Ben J

13th Sep 10 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh I highly rate Woy but reckon a fickle board will just sack him instead of giving him a chance.

mwg

13th Sep 10 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mancini is much more likely to be shown the door than Hodgson!
Ben J

13th Sep 10 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here's hoping.
strick206

13th Sep 10 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
That's a pretty poor assesment if you are talking about today imo, i'll give you the johnson crticism, he looked severley lacking in confidence but he'll bounce back when he's got the right players around him. Hodgson seems to have adopted benitez's tactics, frighteningly similar and similar to how he set up away from home when he was in charge at fulham. Not enough movement by most of our players and i'll never understand having Lucas and Poulsen on the field together. On the plus side, Merieles looked a breath of fresh air when he came on and we have Cole to come back from suspension. Birmingham haven't been beaten at home for a year in the league, so it was never going to be an easy game.

Was nice to see everton get a point from the united game, if they had fergie time they'd have won

No one is beating chelsea in the league this year...

Merieles looked good when he came on, lively and good movement, got caught on the ball twice but he'll do that a few times until he gets used to the pace

No top 8 team should be playing 2 defensive midfielders imo

Can't blame Woy imo, he can only pick what he has got, the main difference i've seen is that Torres actually finished a game under Hodgson, didnt get subbed with 10 mins left, win lose or draw

Not sure how it is a bad assessment though

The one thing i will say about Chelsea, is they have a very easy start to the season and i always expected them to have 18 points from 6 games, they were always going to be odds on after 6 games to win the league. IMO i think people are getting too carried away by them, we always start poorly, and this time we have done, better than Everton yet conceeded 2 stupid late goals, same against fulham, late goal

Everton will get points off the big teams at home this season, chelsea/arsenal etc, we always struggle against a Mark Hughes side for some reason, doesnt matter who it is

I think our performances have been good, just need to tighten up at the back
mwg

13th Sep 10 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think we've started well too in terms of performance and goals. But the defence in the last minutes of the last 2 away games has been our downfall and undone all the good work thats gone before. Ridiculous really when we have the best defence in the league as proved last year.

I reckon we will be taking points off Chelsea this year.

[Edited on 13-09-2010 by mwg]
Cosmo

13th Sep 10 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strick you dont half has a personal issue with Johnson - did he fuck your mum or something?

I agree you cant blame Hodgson for yesterday. Central midfield lacked creativity and thats purely down to playing Lucas and Poulson together, and that was forced on him really with Cole being suspended (so couldnt drop Gerrard back) and Meireles not really having trained with the first team much due to signing late and then going on international duty.

We were 4 starters missing yesterday imo (Kuyt, Cole, Agger and Meireles) which would of changed the shape and style of the team dramatically. Kuyt allows Johnson to attack more. Cole is very creative. Agger offers distribution from the back line. Meireles would replace one of the defensive midfielders.

The board wont sack him - since when have we had a fickle board as someone said above? Plus they dont have the money to sack him and replace him so quick!!

It'll improve this season, but is always going to take time under a difference manager.
Ben J

13th Sep 10 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Strick you dont half has a personal issue with Johnson - did he fuck your mum or something?

I agree you cant blame Hodgson for yesterday. Central midfield lacked creativity and thats purely down to playing Lucas and Poulson together, and that was forced on him really with Cole being suspended (so couldnt drop Gerrard back) and Meireles not really having trained with the first team much due to signing late and then going on international duty.

We were 4 starters missing yesterday imo (Kuyt, Cole, Agger and Meireles) which would of changed the shape and style of the team dramatically. Kuyt allows Johnson to attack more. Cole is very creative. Agger offers distribution from the back line. Meireles would replace one of the defensive midfielders.

The board wont sack him - since when have we had a fickle board as someone said above? Plus they dont have the money to sack him and replace him so quick!!

It'll improve this season, but is always going to take time under a difference manager.

I said fickle board. Wasn't neccessarily aiming at your board,just boards in general.
Cosmo

13th Sep 10 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can hardly lump all board in the same boat tbh, Arsenal havent replaced Wenger after such a poor 5years. And Hodgson is only our 3rd manager in last 12yrs or something like that.
strick206

13th Sep 10 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I don't hate him, i hate him playing RB, because he's an embarrassment to right backs, that's all, and i used to play there when i was younger,

He should be in midfield, but as much as it irritates me someone being so shit in that position, i am happy he is there

Same with Gary Neville, he was a top right back in his day, but his day has gone now and he shouldn't be playing there, Arteta would have never got his shot off against VDS if Rafael had been playing he would have tackled him, or failing that rugby tackled him
Cosmo

13th Sep 10 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He was also at fault for Evertons first goal imo.

Johnson isnt your old school RB where defending comes first - he is your more modern one where teams play with defensive midfielders and they can attack from the fullback position. With Kuyt ahead and a decent midfielder (as when we had Masch) having him in the team was great.
mwg

13th Sep 10 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would say Evra was partly to blame for the 1st goal with that stupid acrobatic overhead kick attempt that went massively wrong
Cosmo

13th Sep 10 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I would say Evra was partly to blame for the 1st goal with that stupid acrobatic overhead kick attempt that went massively wrong

Yeah definitely, but then Neville let himself get dragged over, and decided to go on the line rather than mark his man
strick206

13th Sep 10 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
He was also at fault for Evertons first goal imo.

Yeah that's the goal i was on about

Add that to his general slow half arsed tackles on the edge of our box he will cost us this year
mwg

13th Sep 10 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would rather have Rafael playing at right back. He worries me a bit sometimes as seems to lose his head and start either shirt pulling or flying in wrecklessly but he has a bit of pace about him and will learn in time so he's got to be worth a go. Rather Rafael was getting time at right back instead of O'Shea anyway.

Nothing against O'Shea but he should only really be used when we are struggling with injuries.

[Edited on 13-09-2010 by mwg]
Ben D

13th Sep 10 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I would rather have Rafael playing at right back. He worries me a bit sometimes as seems to lose his head and start either shirt pulling or flying in wrecklessly but he has a bit of pace about him and will learn in time so he's got to be worth a go. Rather he was getting time at right back instead of O'Shea anyway.

Couldn't agree more
Cosmo

13th Sep 10 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bet you wish you had Johnson
Ben D

13th Sep 10 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why is there such hype around johnson he CANT defend and is average going forward, Might aswell just put a winger in at RB, Wake up he's shit!...
Cosmo

13th Sep 10 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben D
Why is there such hype around johnson he CANT defend and is average going forward, Might aswell just put a winger in at RB, Wake up he's shit!...

FPMSL
Nath

13th Sep 10 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben makes a good point. I've never looked at it like that before.
Tom

13th Sep 10 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben D

Lolz

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Football Thread - Sponsored by the burning of the Koran 23 database queries in 0.0120339 seconds