corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden Blue Corsa 2.0 16v Turbo build

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Arden Blue Corsa 2.0 16v Turbo build
Christopher

User status: Offline
19th Apr 11 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to be on youtube quite a bit and came across boxxy ages ago! Really wierd how you know her! Its a small world
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Apr 11 at 16:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love the Corsa, so nice not sure about the random Boxxy comments though
pagey

21st Apr 11 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol! I was thinkin that dan...

Agreed nice car though!

Partyvan
Banned

22nd Apr 11 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing wrong with a bit of Boxxy! Boxxy <3's Corsasport

Right I got a few more odd jobs done yesterday

First off I got a small hole in the floor welded up, and undersealed the floor front to rear. Not great pics but it's an idea of the finish, brush-on Waxoyl. 1 litre is enough for the floor section.

I'd maybe like to do more if I keep the car, like get the tank out and cleaned, and do the rear floor/beam.

I also had to change a CV for the MOT, so took the opportunity to go to equal length shafts. The Calibra shaft was a direct fit, no mods required, very strong and obviously better for torque steer.

Old shaft vs new equal length. The bracket just bolts up to the back of any 8v/16v big block

Big thanks to Ian for the help! :beer:

Whilst the suspension was loosened I thought I'd fit new balljoints as well as the old ones looked ok but didn't feel that tight on the road, so they got binned. I pressed out the factory arm bushes as well and they are now Powerflex

Only downer is I've now missed me re-test as I didn't wake up today till about 11.30 ish (as per normal lmao ) so I'll have to book another one for next week.
Partyvan
Banned

27th Apr 11 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This car will almost definitely be up for sale soon, after PVS at the latest.

Failing a sale it'll be broken for spares (rolling shell available). No u2u's about it yet, I'll put a proper sale thread up as and when!
Kieran
Premium Member

27th Apr 11 at 13:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why?
Partyvan
Banned

27th Apr 11 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kizzacorsab
Why?

I don't really like Corsas to be honest.

They are small, FWD, poorly made, poorly rustproofed cars. The b-pillars split with the 2.0. They dont handle very well. They aren't very secure. The engine bays are cramped. They aren't that safe in a crash. They dont really have enough electrics for my liking (I am used to cruise control, aircon etc...). They aren't comfortable on long distance runs. Girls dont really like them. I'm 6ft 1", so not much legroom either.

Basically the Calibra does everything they do much better (except insurance cost, lol) so I'm about 90% sure I'll have it gone by the end of June.

[Edited on 27-04-2011 by Partyvan]

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden Blue Corsa 2.0 16v Turbo build 23 database queries in 0.0104489 seconds