corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New car options leather etc, and what to get?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New car options leather etc, and what to get?
AndyKent

User status: Offline
24th Nov 10 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
I can't believe my 4 year old Golf came with auto lights and wipers yet a brand new M-sport beemer doesn't!

the new golf probably doesnt come with auto lights

The audi's certianly dont

Thats because someone specced it. Any VW/Audi/BMW Dont come with much as standard

Honestly, mine is only an SE, so one up from base, and auto lights and wipers were standard fit. Even the new Golf from match upwards (so mid range) gets auto-lights and wipers standard.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
24th Nov 10 at 21:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine has it and it's not top of the range.

Would be gutted spending all that money and not having the spec I actually wanted.
John

24th Nov 10 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Fad
quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
quote:
I can't believe my 4 year old Golf came with auto lights and wipers yet a brand new M-sport beemer doesn't!

the new golf probably doesnt come with auto lights

The audi's certianly dont

Thats because someone specced it. Any VW/Audi/BMW Dont come with much as standard

Honestly, mine is only an SE, so one up from base, and auto lights and wipers were standard fit. Even the new Golf from match upwards (so mid range) gets auto-lights and wipers standard.

Highline + passat's don't even come with auto lights as standard, although they should from all manufacturers.
Fad

24th Nov 10 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got an A3 SE and its specced per the order sheet mate not standard, not even climate was standard on the golfs/a3 before 2008

mwg

24th Nov 10 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Climate is standard on S-line and Black Edition A3's and always has been.
John

24th Nov 10 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure how an A3 SE not having something standard is related in any way to a Golf SE?
Fad

24th Nov 10 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Climate is standard on S-line and Black Edition A3's and always has been.

S line is an additional pack to the sport which has climate. What I am saying the base spec and SE doesnt have climate from standard.
Fad

24th Nov 10 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Not sure how an A3 SE not having something standard is related in any way to a Golf SE?

Because the time level is the same through out the VAG group. Between me and my brother (who is a trader) we have bought both and did some reading on the specs when pricing them up. I actually was looking for a Golf GT/SE at one point.
Rick Draper

24th Nov 10 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont actually care about A3-Golf specs though...
Fad

24th Nov 10 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry went off on a bit of a tangent there

You decided then?

To the original post I would get heated leather then retro fit the rest as and when you want. Cruise, auto lights etc can be done after.

[Edited on 24-11-2010 by Fad]
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Nov 10 at 22:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're ordering a brand new car and taking it apart. This gets worse.

Why don't you get a high spec Ford that will have what you want instead of a low spec BMW that will be slower and less well-equipped.

Baffles me why anyone would want to drive a 150 horsepower car with no spec any pay too much for it.
Corsa_Sport21

24th Nov 10 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My lights come on automatically after i turn the switch.
John

24th Nov 10 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Baffles me why anyone would want to drive a 150 horsepower car with no spec any pay too much for it.

Ultimate driving machine, innit
Rick Draper

24th Nov 10 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am not buying a low spec bmw?
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Nov 10 at 23:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know they're well built and all that, but I couldn't handle paying that much for something I didn't really want.
Rick Draper

25th Nov 10 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont really want a ford though!

What i do want is a Bugatti but i cannot stretch that far at the moment!
Rick Draper

29th Nov 10 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been to another dealer and got another story today. They basically told me to go away till January when the new year offers will be on. Said he would take my money off me now but i am eligible for none of the latest offers as i need to take delivery of the car before February. Said come the 7th of January he will know better whats on the table from BMW.
3CorsaMeal

29th Nov 10 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I know they're well built and all that, but I couldn't handle paying that much for something I didn't really want.

this is why vauxhalls & fords are made

[Edited on 29-11-2010 by 3CorsaMeal]
mwg

29th Nov 10 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
Been to another dealer and got another story today. They basically told me to go away till January when the new year offers will be on. Said he would take my money off me now but i am eligible for none of the latest offers as i need to take delivery of the car before February. Said come the 7th of January he will know better whats on the table from BMW.

If you ordered now when would the car arrive? As worth bearing in mind there is an increase in VAT come January. I am going to get stung by it with mine.
Jamie-C

29th Nov 10 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
You can feel the car speeding up and slowing down trying to keep a constant speed

What? If I set it to 70 for example it'll accelerate and decelerate by it self to try and keep that speed, it'll drop to 69/68 then accelerate to 71 then decelerate again and it keeps going on like that down the motorway. Its quite annoying because its not even smooth when it accelerates or decelerates you can feel it, its like sharp on throttle and sharp off.

I don't like it at all.
whitter45

29th Nov 10 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thing to take into account is the VAT increase of 2.5%

GF father has just ordered a 118D MSPORT convertible and thats coming within 4 weeks

Sounds like they have met their quota and not that bothered
Rick Draper

29th Nov 10 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:

If you ordered now when would the car arrive? As worth bearing in mind there is an increase in VAT come January. I am going to get stung by it with mine.

Would be in January but i dont want it till March. VAT increase might be stood by BMW yet as well.
whitter45

29th Nov 10 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

he wants a 123D
whitter45

29th Nov 10 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:

Would be in January but i dont want it till March. VAT increase might be stood by BMW yet as well.

are you trading a car in

As you will get double stung with VAT increase if thats the case
Jambo

29th Nov 10 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just get a Tata tbh

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New car options leather etc, and what to get? 22 database queries in 0.0112550 seconds