corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » University Protesting

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author University Protesting
Nath

User status: Offline
24th Nov 10 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look at this pompus prick:

He looks like a tory boy, he probably has no idea what's going on.
Ojc

24th Nov 10 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking students, I've always had beef with these idiotic morons, airheads without a fucking clue.

Only people I know who have gone to Uni and done anything with their lives are Butler and Paul_J.

Everyone is having to make sacrifices, I suggest like has already been mentioned that the idiots that go to Uni just fo bum around and for the craic won't go now and will go and shelf stack in Tescos because that's what they will be doing in 5 years time minus the 20k debt they will be in.

Well done Conservatives/Lib Dems I fully support everything you have done so far.

If you work, and pay your way in this country then you will be fine. If you want to bum around or go to Uni and update Facebook about how totally awesome last nights piss up was with a bunch of floppy head cunts then you pay for it out of your own pocket, not mine.
SetH

24th Nov 10 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FLOLZ
oceansoul

24th Nov 10 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by oceansoul
Its just been said on the news that half of them students are only there because facebook told them too

is that a genuine comment or sarcasm i cant tell

Its true. I heard earlier on BBC Look East, that a Facebook campaign was started, to get everyone to protest again.
Ojc

24th Nov 10 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All them cunts look like students as well.

Clueless generation of cunts. Going mad here.
Ojc

24th Nov 10 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even school kids have more clue than the Uni generation

Jules S
Premium Member

24th Nov 10 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
All them cunts look like students as well.

Clueless generation of cunts. Going mad here.

Knowing the students in Clifton...they will be fucking loaded too
brebaz

24th Nov 10 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wass in newcastle today and saw a massive march there and some kid had a sign saying "im just here for the clunge" hahaha i thought he was a legend
Fad

24th Nov 10 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think everyones assumption that people go to uni to stack shelves is somewhat distorted. Everyone I went to uni with came out doing well.

Another thing that may have escaped peoples mind is who are the majority of Saturday and Sunday staff in retail are students trying to make ends meet. I had two jobs whilst at uni and worked full time over summer.

All I hear is sour grapes from people who really dont understand the majority of people at uni are not privilidged and just want to do well in life.

Another thing which people fail to realise is who in their right mind would go to uni an then not want to earn more than 16k a year to dodge paying it back?
ssj_kakarot

24th Nov 10 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Fucking students, I've always had beef with these idiotic morons, airheads without a fucking clue.

Only people I know who have gone to Uni and done anything with their lives are Butler and Paul_J.

Everyone is having to make sacrifices, I suggest like has already been mentioned that the idiots that go to Uni just fo bum around and for the craic won't go now and will go and shelf stack in Tescos because that's what they will be doing in 5 years time minus the 20k debt they will be in.

Well done Conservatives/Lib Dems I fully support everything you have done so far.

If you work, and pay your way in this country then you will be fine. If you want to bum around or go to Uni and update Facebook about how totally awesome last nights piss up was with a bunch of floppy head cunts then you pay for it out of your own pocket, not mine.

yes the students are the clueless ones , like i have said before, tuition fee's are fully funded by loans, its not actually going to effect students at all if it goes up apart from having more debt when they finish.

And where exactly do you think the increase in loans is going to come from? its actually going to cost the country more per student than it does now if they increase the fee's although i presume the actual number of students going per year would drop drastically, still that meens the ones that do go are going to get a bigger chunk of your tax

however, like i have also said before, the whole system needs a re-vamp as the majority of courses do not actually give you any skills employers want.

You will find most student have part time jobs to try and pay there bills tbh, i was working 20 - 25 hours a week and going to uni full time, i hardly went out on the weekends as i was in work early sat and sunday morning.

but let me guess your "going mad here" because no students work at all, and all go out drinking every single fucking hour of the day, bla bla your going mad hur durrrrrr gonna slap someone ect ect more inane babble

[Edited on 24-11-2010 by ssj_kakarot]
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

24th Nov 10 at 21:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
Another thing which people fail to realise is who in their right mind would go to uni an then not want to earn more than 16k a year to dodge paying it back?

I've heard people using that as a reason before, seriously. Basically using uni to get a student loan to waste on booze then staying in low paid jobs so they don't have to pay it back, some people really are that numb

I'm not trying to be against uni either, 2 of my cousins have been to uni but they're both hard workers, they both had in mind what they wanted, put the graft in and both left uni with a job secured, one is a physio and the other a teacher but they both wanted that and tuition fees may have made it more of a struggle but they wouldn't have stopped either of them, the problem I have is that they seem to be the minority rather than the majority. I actually wonder how many people are going to uni now because it's the done thing. When I left school and told people that I wasn't going to college it surprised them because going to college after school has become the done thing, yet my brother went and without wanting to sound harsh, it did nothing for him, he left and ended up working through an agency where he'd have bits of work here and there with absolutely no guarantees of a set wage and realistically, he could've gone to uni and had the exact same thing happen just a few years later.

People need to realise that there's more to life than education, schools need to stop making out that further education is the way to go as well, yes it is for some but everybody's different and college and uni are pointless for a lot of people. Yes education is important and you'll never stop learning things but concentrate on what you need to learn rather than sitting off learning bollocks that is never going to be of any use to you
Gary
Premium Member

24th Nov 10 at 21:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might go rioting next year when inflation comes around. Seems to be the done thing nowadays.

They all need to Fuck off. The price of things goes up, always has done, always will do. Get over it!!

Fucking hate students!!
Root

24th Nov 10 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ssj_kakarot

24th Nov 10 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike B
quote:
Originally posted by Fad

I've heard people using that as a reason before, seriously. Basically using uni to get a student loan to waste on booze then staying in low paid jobs so they don't have to pay it back, some people really are that numb

I'm not trying to be against uni either, 2 of my cousins have been to uni but they're both hard workers, they both had in mind what they wanted, put the graft in and both left uni with a job secured, one is a physio and the other a teacher but they both wanted that and tuition fees may have made it more of a struggle but they wouldn't have stopped either of them, the problem I have is that they seem to be the minority rather than the majority. I actually wonder how many people are going to uni now because it's the done thing. When I left school and told people that I wasn't going to college it surprised them because going to college after school has become the done thing, yet my brother went and without wanting to sound harsh, it did nothing for him, he left and ended up working through an agency where he'd have bits of work here and there with absolutely no guarantees of a set wage and realistically, he could've gone to uni and had the exact same thing happen just a few years later.

People need to realise that there's more to life than education, schools need to stop making out that further education is the way to go as well, yes it is for some but everybody's different and college and uni are pointless for a lot of people. Yes education is important and you'll never stop learning things but concentrate on what you need to learn rather than sitting off learning bollocks that is never going to be of any use to you

nail on the head mate.

so many people just get pushed into uni because its the "right thing to do" when in reality so many people go now its probally not going to land you a job, but then again in a system where you need a degree to even have a chance of getting a decent job its a vicious cycle.

in my experience it was a complete waste of time, same goes for the majority of my friends who went, totally pointless really unless your going into something specific like medicine or teaching, law ect
Gary
Premium Member

24th Nov 10 at 21:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At Uni you learn a subject, wether it's engineering, law, medicine etc but Stuarts come out the end of it at 22 with no idea about life!

Apprentaships, way forward!
Joe

24th Nov 10 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A mate of mine went to uni to do media, failed the first year. Re-did it, passed, took a year out, did the second year, dropped out and now works in Wetherspoons.

Is this story related to this thread?
Fad

24th Nov 10 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot
quote:
Originally posted by Mike B
quote:
Originally posted by Fad

nail on the head mate.

so many people just get pushed into uni because its the "right thing to do" when in reality so many people go now its probally not going to land you a job, but then again in a system where you need a degree to even have a chance of getting a decent job its a vicious cycle.

in my experience it was a complete waste of time, same goes for the majority of my friends who went, totally pointless really unless your going into something specific like medicine or teaching, law ect

Well not really, I did accountancy and Finance left uni bacame qualified then realised it wasnt what I wanted to do. Started another course to become a Surveyor (self funded) and am nearly finished.

In essense it wasnt as waste, what I learnt from my first degree are skills for life. Several people still come to me for help with their accounts/finance queries and I know if I was every to run my own business I would have a clue what I am doing.

I also think several jobs could be learnt on the job through experience. Some people are quite hands on and some are quite accademic so it should be up to them which path they wish to take in achieving their goals.

[Edited on 24-11-2010 by Fad]
Ryan

24th Nov 10 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

You are my kind of man, a true man of men.
Adam_B

24th Nov 10 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i love sitting on my arse in the pub waiting for my cash to land in my account direct from Ojc's paycheck.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

24th Nov 10 at 21:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I can understand that Fad, I did 2 1/2 years as an apprentice mechanic before realising it was a shit trade and I wanted out and I don't think any of it was a waste, it gave me so much knowledge for the future etc. I'm on about the people that go to uni and haven't got a clue what they want to do but because it's seen as the thing to do, they go and do some general mickey mouse course that they're not really arsed about and therefore 2 years down the line, course complete but they've got a qualification that means nothing, they haven't learned any real life skills and still don't have a clue what they want to do because they'd put that decision off whilst they were 'busy' with uni so they go working in McDonalds.

I know a lad that left school, went through college and uni doing mickey mouse courses with no real aim, he was working in Morrisons to tide him over and now that he's got his mickey mouse qualification that isn't worth the paper it's printed on, guess what he's doing?

That's right, he's gone from part-time at Morrisons to working full-time at Morrisons stacking the same shelves that he was stacking before he got in debt from wasting a few years in higher education, what a good idea that was
Fad

24th Nov 10 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes but that one person doesnt represent the thousands of Graduates each year. He is pobably lazy and not helping himself. Look at it this way overseas students wouldnt come over here and pay 10k a year to study a Mickey Mouse qualification would they? England has a prestigious education system which is recognised wordwide why shouldnt we benefit from it?

Being a graudate doesnt mean you walk into a well paid job and I think no student is under that impression. When I left uni I had to work for free on an intersnhip for several months just to get experience. You will find several students now do placement years just because you get stuck in that vicious cycle of needing experience to get experience.

[Edited on 24-11-2010 by Fad]
Steve
Premium Member

24th Nov 10 at 21:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes fad they most definately are under that impression

well most of them i have witnessed are
Simon

24th Nov 10 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm in my sixth year of uni
saj_123

24th Nov 10 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At my Uni people are evidently going crazy and the Uni provided coach's to go to London and protest. The mickey mouse course's is what people have a problem with.
G5M

24th Nov 10 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
quote:
Originally posted by Russ
fucking wasters wanting to go to uni to get a 2:2 or worse, fuck off and get a job

I got a 2:2 - of 30people on my course 2 got 1sts, 4 got 2:1s; 4 got 2:2s and 6 got 3rds and everyone else failed - I didn't have a normal uni experience though, we had 36hours of lectures a week for 4 yeas whereas friends did 2-6 hours per week doing monkey's degrees.

i don't think I went in the student union more than 5/6 times in 4 years; it was a shit hole run by the kind of uni geeks that did said Monkey's courses but don't want to actually grow up, get a real job and get a life outside of the comfort of university

I am positive that most Business/English/Sports Management courses could be condensed into a year rather than taking three. Mates of mine who did Deckchair management (Sports/watersports management) did fuck all outside of lectures, only had a few hours a week of lectures, got into £££££s of pounds of debt and now have no jobs!

[Edited on 24-11-2010 by LiVe LeE]

When I was in 3rd year I had 30hrs of lectures plus labs on top. Girl I worked with had 2hrs on a Thursday afternoon and a 1hr tutorial every other Tuesday.

Yet with a whole working week extra available to her to work, we still got the same student loans.

They need to make degrees the next step for where you want to go rather than the next step to avoid having to join the real world and find a job.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » University Protesting 22 database queries in 0.1528001 seconds