corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Extinguisher student locked up

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Extinguisher student locked up
Matt L

User status: Offline
11th Jan 11 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[rant] this country is a pissing joke 2 years for that (yes he deserves it for being a douche) but wtf he gets 2 years for yes a stupid act but not hurting anyone)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-12007100
that guy gets 4 months and the right to live in the pissing country for killing a girl while disqualified and running from the scene.

this lad owns up to his cock up which didnt hurt anyone and gets this really does boil my friggin piss [/rant]

[contraversy] if only said student was of ethinic origin all this would have blown over as is shown by the case above [/contraversy]

I am in no way racist and i dont intend the comments to be taken that way
oceansoul

11th Jan 11 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt L
[rant] this country is a pissing joke 2 years for that (yes he deserves it for being a douche) but wtf he gets 2 years for yes a stupid act but not hurting anyone)
that guy gets 4 months and the right to live in the pissing country for killing a girl while disqualified and running from the scene.

this lad owns up to his cock up which didnt hurt anyone and gets this really does boil my friggin piss [/rant]

[contraversy] if only said student was of ethinic origin all this would have blown over as is shown by the case above [/contraversy]

Its not racist its the truth. I hate the way every white person has to fear of being called a racist for talking about a black/asian/ethnic/foreign people.
Sam
Premium Member

11th Jan 11 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone can moan all they like, the truth of the matter is he was made an example of, end of.

If he didn't get a custodial sentence, people would be up in arms!
Tommy L

11th Jan 11 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
Everyone can moan all they like, the truth of the matter is he was made an example of, end of.

I don't think people understand this.
Matt L

11th Jan 11 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy L
quote:
Originally posted by Sam

I don't think people understand this.

i agree he should be made an example of i just think EVERYONE should be not just pick and choose someone potentially being killed is a dam site different that actually killing someone .
Steve
Premium Member

11th Jan 11 at 19:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it becomes less hard to swallow though when boundaries of someone potentially being killed and someone being killed are so close in this example.

This isnt me driving 90mph down the motorway, i could potentially kill someone by driving across the central reservation into oncoming traffic, this is somone was lucky not to be killed, not someone unlucky to be killed.

[Edited on 11-01-2011 by Steve]
taylorboosh

11th Jan 11 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he could be sqeeky clean and never commited a crime before.

the fact remains hes been given two years for throwing a fire extinguisher off a roof.

fucking stupid

far worse people get lesser sentances
Steve
Premium Member

11th Jan 11 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so if he was squeaky clean, threw it off a roof, and killed a member of your family, what would you say his sentence should be?
BarnshaW

11th Jan 11 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just because worse people get lesser sentences does not mean its stupid, everyone knows the british court system is shit and dishes out shit punishments, in my opinion he got what he deserved, regardless of what other people get sentenced
MarkSport

11th Jan 11 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
Clearly he is just been made an example. I agree with everyone in saying what he did was completely irresponsible and damn right fucking stupid but 32 months is a ridiculously sentence considering no one was harmed and in comparison, people who have killed or badly injured people have received lesser sentences.

I agree in parts. yes he deserved it and 32 months seems fair.the thing that isn't fair is as you say people doing worse crimes getting less.it was inches from killing someone iirc and if it had exploded and shot off in a direstion it may have killed not one but a few with the force of the compressed liquid.
Steve
Premium Member

11th Jan 11 at 21:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont see many attempted murder cases getting less then 32 months tbh.

people saying worse cases get less i dont quite think grasp the actual scale of this crime committed

[Edited on 11-01-2011 by Steve]
Jambo

11th Jan 11 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't see how it's not different to firing a gun? Maybe Premeditiation yes. But a gun is a weapon, a fire extinguisher thrown at/towards human beings from a great height is a weapon, if that had hit someone on the head it would of caused them brain damage if not death, what if it had exploded on impact?! What then?
The fact he is a student is to me completely irrelevant.

It was hugely irresponsible and a terriblething to even contemplate no matter the circumstances.

The sentence is fitting. He could have killed a policeman doing their job or any other number of human beings
alan-g-w

12th Jan 11 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As has been said, it was apparently empty meaning little to no pressure in it.

And to suggest that someone acting like a cunt in a riot by throwing something off a roof is the same as him firing shots from a gun is just ridiculous. This was an item that he's picked up off the street. If it was a gun he's setting out to kill people from the start, not just getting caught up in the moment. The difference is like chalk and cheese.
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jan 11 at 00:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what about if he picked a gun off the street and fired it? Say an injured officer. Would that be ok because he hadnt planned it? Empty or not it could have killed
Ben G

12th Jan 11 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

glad the cunt got locked up. bet he'll has a nice easy life though in a young offenders institution.

the video showing just how close that fire extinguisher was to police is mental.

the police were only there to do their jobs, it's not like they harrassed him.
Root

12th Jan 11 at 00:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im glad the riot happened. It shows this country is capable of fighting for what it beleives in, which is awesome because one day it might have to
Ben G

12th Jan 11 at 00:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not really, just shows that a bunch of losr student thugs enjoy wasting OUR FUCKING TAX MONEY, CUNTS CUNTS CUNTS.
Dr Pepper

12th Jan 11 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
not really, just shows that a bunch of losr student thugs enjoy wasting OUR FUCKING TAX MONEY, CUNTS CUNTS CUNTS.

If its purely money your worried about - is it in our financial interests to put this guy in jail, then pay his benefits for 40 years when he cant get a job or education due to having been in prison?

Or would it be better for him to be put to work in the community and then have his record wiped clean so he can hopefully become a productive member of society?

If your talking about wasting tax payers money - continuing to blindly belive prison works for lesser crimes, or is a deterrent or that it rehabilitates people is just dumb - its a waste of time, doesnt make us any safer and costs a fortune.

I take your point that the guy clearly behaved like a cunt, and was probably wasting his education that we are bit of. But by the way - students contribute more money to the tax system than they take out - on average they pay far more tax, for longer than any other section of society - the tax system would be in a bad way without the contribution of those that have gone through further education.

[Edited on 12-01-2011 by Dr Pepper]
VegasPhil
Premium Member

12th Jan 11 at 08:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One less student for us to pay for

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Gary
Premium Member

12th Jan 11 at 08:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root
Im glad the riot happened. It shows this country is capable of fighting for what it beleives in, which is awesome because one day it might have to

Agree, but I can't say I'm happy it happened. But as you said it's fills you with a little confidence that there are folk willing to go jackie chan on someones ass when civil war breaks out.

The rioters are still all horrible cunts!!
Gary
Premium Member

12th Jan 11 at 08:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
One less student for us to pay for

I'll let you think about that for a second......

Who pays for the prisons?
RichR
Premium Member

12th Jan 11 at 09:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt L

There's more to that story than meets the eye - I feel very sorry for the guy who lost his daughter but it was her fault. If it had been the driver's fault, He would have been charged and imprisoned for death by dangerous driving. You could argue that he was disqualified so no insurance and he left the scene of an accident BUT, the fact remains, he didn't get done for DBDD. I think there's too much media hype about that story and too many hidden truths

[Edited on 12-01-2011 by LiVe LeE]
RichR
Premium Member

12th Jan 11 at 09:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He was a sixth form student; not a uni student - Did all anti-students in here leave school at 16?

The guy is barely out of school, don't lump him in with Student Union, tossers.

edit. I'm not calling anyone here tossers; I'm calling Student Union "active" members tossers.

[Edited on 12-01-2011 by LiVe LeE]
pow
Premium Member

12th Jan 11 at 09:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, I left school at 18
Gary
Premium Member

12th Jan 11 at 09:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If we lump him with the student union tossers or 6th for tossers, he's still a tossed non the less.

Should just throw fire extinguishers at him for punishment.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Extinguisher student locked up 23 database queries in 0.0114779 seconds