corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Petrol station staff

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Petrol station staff
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Jan 11 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv seen systems like that here in some stations.

its a good idea but not to widespread here yet
JonnyJ

13th Jan 11 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
One i fill up seems to like winding me up by letting me get it to a round number then as i place it back in, jump to .01

Even tried doing it really carefully and it still happened. Fucking thing owes me about 32p worth of petrol.

That happened to me once as well. I think they should make the system here like in America where you have to pre-pay before filling up, when we were in the USA last year we paid by credit card and it was simple, just type in $15.00 or whatever ($15.00 gets you a fuck load of petrol there BTW ) and it would just fill up to that, none of this extra penny nonsense.

Would also discourage chavs from filling up and driving off without paying IMO.

Is a few about like that already, I imagine they dont want to roll them out too fast as i bet the extra pennies do add up for them

Would discourage the drive off thing though.
sand-eel

13th Jan 11 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've noticed LOADS of times I fill up to say £20 walk in then the cash registar says £20.01 so it goes up whilst walking into the shop
glover3492

13th Jan 11 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
I've noticed LOADS of times I fill up to say £20 walk in then the cash registar says £20.01 so it goes up whilst walking into the shop

I have also noticed this a lot recently.
noshua

13th Jan 11 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
quote:
One i fill up seems to like winding me up by letting me get it to a round number then as i place it back in, jump to .01

Even tried doing it really carefully and it still happened. Fucking thing owes me about 32p worth of petrol.

That happened to me once as well. I think they should make the system here like in America where you have to pre-pay before filling up, when we were in the USA last year we paid by credit card and it was simple, just type in $15.00 or whatever ($15.00 gets you a fuck load of petrol there BTW ) and it would just fill up to that, none of this extra penny nonsense.

That's both very true (lots'o'petrol) and a good idea, I can see some pikey waiting at a pump whilst you go inside and pay and stealing some petrol though!
Jamxe

13th Jan 11 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only ever hand in the notes and say cheers. Never pay the cents. Must be different over here.
sand-eel

13th Jan 11 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never pay the extra 1p either unless they ask for it.
Graham88

14th Jan 11 at 04:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How can you not pay for it? You don't buy a Mars bar worth 45p and give them 40p?

When I worked for Sainsburys Petrol 9/10 times I'd just say don't worry about the penny if paying by cash, depends on the customers attitude. We got enough people saying don't worry about the change and leaving 20p or so, so it all evened out really.

I have however noticed recently that I have put the pump back on the handle and it just creeps up. On these occasions I just hand out the main amount £55 or whatever and refuse to give the penny cause I tell him it went in after I put the pump down, never heard anything back, but that's a bit different from not paying for it when the nozzle is in your car...

[Edited on 14-01-2011 by Graham88]
dannymccann

14th Jan 11 at 07:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there a particular reason you don't pay by card anyway?
Sam
Premium Member

14th Jan 11 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's wrong with paying by cash?
Fro

14th Jan 11 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whenever i go 1 or 2p over and paying in the kiosk they let me off.
pow
Premium Member

14th Jan 11 at 08:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
£10 is the new £5

However i remember a time when £5 was the new £3

£20 is the new £10.

£10 gets you what, 70 miles in an economic car now?
pow
Premium Member

14th Jan 11 at 08:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by noshua
quote:
Originally posted by Sam
quote:

That's both very true (lots'o'petrol) and a good idea, I can see some pikey waiting at a pump whilst you go inside and pay and stealing some petrol though!

This would piss me off though, I want to fill my car to the top and that may cost £49, £52, £54.56, £56 depending on when I do it.
Sam
Premium Member

14th Jan 11 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had a reply back from the complaint I made to Sainsburys:

quote:

I’ve spoken to the Petrol Station Manager, to have your experience brought to her attention. She’s sorry for any inconvenience caused. She’d like to reassure you that all the pumps have been recalibrated recently and should not present any problems. Independent companies and Trading Standards perform regular checks to ensure these pumps are in full working order. They are however quite sensitive, so any light handling of the pump levers may cause an increase in fuel.

Sue understands however that this does not excuse the poor customer service you received from the colleagues. She’ll speak to the colleagues involved and will take the necessary action to improve their level of service in store.

If you have any further enquiries, please don’t hesitate to ask for her the next time you visit us. She’ll be more than happy to speak with you.

We appreciate your feedback and have added 1000 points on to your Nectar card. These points are the equivalent of £5 and will be ready for use, 72 hours from today.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Fro

14th Jan 11 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4.99 better off

[Edited on 14-01-2011 by fro-dizzle]
Sam
Premium Member

14th Jan 11 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes!
Graham88

14th Jan 11 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At least you got a reply and they will do something about it
Brett
Premium Member

14th Jan 11 at 15:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow result
Sam
Premium Member

14th Jan 11 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Nectar points are a nice bonus, but I'm just happy that my complaint has been acknowledged an I got an apology about the way their staff spoke to me etc.
Neo

14th Jan 11 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam

quote:

all the pumps have been recalibrated recently and should not present any problems. Independent companies and Trading Standards perform regular checks to ensure these pumps are in full working order.

Never knew this, will have to ask at the petrol station around the corner from me, as I always notice if I fill up to the click it costs me more.
Haimsey
Premium Member

14th Jan 11 at 16:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats happened to me loads
Went to sainsburys in derby and filled up, 40 quid, smashing. Got inside and she said '40.02 please'

Same pump, 30 quid the other week, stopped, turned and pulled the nozzle out, put it on the pump again. looked at how much, 30.04
i said to the gf about it because i was literally like WTF

I avoid pump 2 at the wyvern now

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Neo

14th Jan 11 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking about it,

How many times have you lifted the pump, taken it towards your car and the smallest dribble has dripped out just before you stick it in I always blamed it on the previous person not wiggling it after they let go of the trigger. Maybe its a massive conspiracy
Bart

14th Jan 11 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a retard...
1, it's a penny
2, it doesn't require recalibrating because you over shot.

It also sounds like the assistants behaved slot more professionally than I would have!
GF-91
Banned

14th Jan 11 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
What a retard...
1, it's a penny
2, it doesn't require recalibrating because you over shot.

It also sounds like the assistants behaved slot more professionally than I would have!

Customer services award goes to.....
Bart

14th Jan 11 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol, the retard can't blame the machine because his big ogre hands with sausage fingers over shot by 1p

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Petrol station staff 23 database queries in 0.0115640 seconds