corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » This is why the GP is cancelled in Bahrain..

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author This is why the GP is cancelled in Bahrain..
Nath

User status: Offline
22nd Feb 11 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben D
There sure are some self righteous twat's on this forum at times, Personally i have taken an interest in the ongoing event's but to those who haven't, leave them be, for all intents and purposes it makes absolutely no difference whether they are even aware of what is ongoing in Libya, Bahrain & Egypt and nor would them talking about it on a car forum make the slightest bit of difference, Ignorance is bliss etc etc

Indeed. I don't like that people are dying etc... but I fail to see what difference me following it makes.
Dr Pepper

22nd Feb 11 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
There sure are some self righteous twat's on this forum at times, Personally i have taken an interest in the ongoing event's but to those who haven't, leave them be, for all intents and purposes it makes absolutely no difference whether they are even aware of what is ongoing in Libya, Bahrain & Egypt and nor would them talking about it on a car forum make the slightest bit of difference, Ignorance is bliss etc etc

"it makes absolutely no difference whether they are even aware of what is ongoing in Libya"

Seriously - you do realise the guy killing his own peple in libya, was put in power and kept in power by our government...and he was responsible for blowing a plane out of the sky over this county and killing our people.

I suppose it wasnt your family who lost people to state funded terrorism so who cares? If Gadafi is allowed to keep power he will kill hundreds of thousands of his own people - to get rid of him we will have to send troops, or at least force our politicians to put pressure on his regime and withdraw our funding

How the fuck can it not make a difference to know and talk about this kind of stuff......if we had been better informed over libya and our actions there decades ago we might have presurised our government to stop supporting the man,,,,, and the lockerby disaster may well not have happened.

You can call that self righteous and pointless- but this is actually important stuff that is happening, and we do have a part to play in it.

[Edited on 22-02-2011 by Dr Pepper]
Ben D

22nd Feb 11 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK i will put it like this for arguments sake; Tell me what the direct result of Nath being aware of any of that is?.... the answer is none.
Dr Pepper

22nd Feb 11 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
OK i will put it like this for arguments sake; Tell me what the direct result of Nath being aware of any of that is?.... the answer is none.

If it was just Nath taking this attitude I would agree .... but its not ...the majority of people in this country and most western countries do not have the first idea what is being done by the governments they elect.....that is not a democracy - and it is extremely fucking dangerous for every one of us.

Iraq and afghanistan and Iran is a great example of what public ignorance can result in - we backed, funded, armed and trained all of these regimes... most people didnt know, or didnt care...look what it has resulted in

What exactly has to happen before people start to take long hard lookl at our governments actions- Lockerby, 7/7, 9/11, Both Iraq wars ......A nuke maybe?

Nath

22nd Feb 11 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You worry too much.
Dr Pepper

22nd Feb 11 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
You worry too much.

If a few more of us worried more the country would be a better place. I was one of a million people who marched against the Iraq war....If 20 million had of turned up(which they should have) that war would not have taken place imo.

The government was lying to us - now we have a war which has resulted in 90% civilian deaths, our armed forces taking a pounding and has not made Iraq or Britain a safer place- both infact are far less stable than before.

I dont worry that much - Im pretty sure science will rescue us by proving there is no god, and inventing renewable energy .... hopefully then we can all chill the fuck out -me included

Nath

22nd Feb 11 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should start smoking weed or something.
Dr Pepper

22nd Feb 11 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You should start smoking weed or something.

I do
Nath

22nd Feb 11 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok then maybe smoke a bit less
taylorboosh

22nd Feb 11 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
quote:

If it was just Nath taking this attitude I would agree .... but its not ...the majority of people in this country and most western countries do not have the first idea what is being done by the governments they elect.....that is not a democracy - and it is extremely fucking dangerous for every one of us.

Iraq and afghanistan and Iran is a great example of what public ignorance can result in - we backed, funded, armed and trained all of these regimes... most people didnt know, or didnt care...look what it has resulted in

What exactly has to happen before people start to take long hard lookl at our governments actions- Lockerby, 7/7, 9/11, Both Iraq wars ......A nuke maybe?

ok tell me the direct result of you knowing? bott all
emicen

22nd Feb 11 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
*struggles urge to resist posting JFK quote and gettin misty eyed*

My life is easy and I'd rather not spend time worrying/thinking about stuff out of my power. What will be will be.

The only sin greater than the act is the apathy
Nath

22nd Feb 11 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yadda yadda.
Ben D

22nd Feb 11 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did type out a really long post in reply... but then i thought what's the point, it wont make the slightest bit of difference to anything
Dr Pepper

22nd Feb 11 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
quote:

ok tell me the direct result of you knowing? bott all

You have missed the point there to be fair - its not about one person. .... its about 'most' people not caring or knowing. Thats when you have a problem - and we do have a problem in the UK. If we were better educated, informed and aware our government would have to behave in a more reasonable and intelligent way...and we would all be better off for it.

They know we dont really know shit and they know we cant change things in small numbers - so they are happy to fiddle expenses, back certain companies over others, send our troops to war on a lie for the american president ect ect And we will still elect them back in

Its up to the people who do care and understand to protest and whinge - the media certainly are not doing it.
Nath

22nd Feb 11 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I did type out a really long post in reply... but then i thought what's the point, it wont make the slightest bit of difference to anything

How do you sleep at night?! Shocking attitude....
Ben D

22nd Feb 11 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With great difficulty, Maybe if i smoked copius amounts of cannabis whilst boring myself and others to sleep by talking about politics that would help?
Dr Pepper

22nd Feb 11 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
With great difficulty, Maybe if i smoked copius amounts of cannabis whilst boring myself and others to sleep by talking about politics that would help?

There are more boring threads on this site than this one imo. You cant be that bored by me and politics considering you and nath post in as many serious threads as I do.

Im going to start having to get in before the politic haters like Nath has to get in before the top gear haters.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » This is why the GP is cancelled in Bahrain.. 22 database queries in 0.0150239 seconds