corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » mortgage...?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author mortgage...?
Russ

User status: Offline
7th May 11 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a guy.
Sam
Premium Member

7th May 11 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
What a guy.

What a thread!
pow
Premium Member

7th May 11 at 13:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Amazing, absolutely amazing. Oliver summed it up perfectly for me...
taylorboosh

7th May 11 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its so wrong the system but meh if he wants to live like that then let him
Carl

7th May 11 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it would be class if life was as black and white as what corsasport made out.
Colin

7th May 11 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont get how the i'm better off working 16hrs a week than I am 40hrs is ever allowed to happen?

Fair play riding the system but its not going to get you anywhere in life certainly not buying nice stuff!! I work 84hrs a week away from home & dont have a 5bed house.....so why should you be able to get one?
Ben G

7th May 11 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is true colin.

my cunt of a cousin (when he got laid off from ford) did cash in hand work with his dad (undeclared money) and his missus' worked 16 hours a week.

they got a 3 bed semi through the housing association, had a 3.2 v6 audi a3 (55 plate) and just spend 15k on a wedding.

eally don't understand how the state can let this happen.

mugging here works his arse off and has to pay a £1k mortgage every month aswell as bills, hence why i'm driving around in a shonky puma and not a nice audi.
Fad

7th May 11 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Colin's hit the nail on the head here, as agrived as you may be about someone on benefits generally they dont really end up with much in life and are always having to count the pennies.

You could loose a lot of time going on about the scroungers, but at the end of the day if they have no aspirations to get themselves out of that hole they will stay where they are.

Jed D

7th May 11 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
He didn't make the system up give the kid a break. What his he meant to do start doing 34 hours just because of corsasport's morale code.
I'm all for linching scroungers but come on, the kid actually seems like he has a bit of a clue and isn't a complete scumbag.

thanks mate

but its like i said, i had a 42-45 per week job paying 4.80 an hour, work it out. yeah its illegal and when i confronted the boss about this he said "if you dont like it fuck off!" and then gave me extra work to do to shut me up. paying full rent and almost paying all the bills there wasnt enough left to feed my family.

do you honestly blame me for taking this 16hour job and ending up better off, seriously??

Dave

7th May 11 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JedDy

thanks mate

but its like i said, i had a 42-45 per week job paying 4.80 an hour, work it out. yeah its illegal and when i confronted the boss about this he said "if you dont like it fuck off!" and then gave me extra work to do to shut me up. paying full rent and almost paying all the bills there wasnt enough left to feed my family.

do you honestly blame me for taking this 16hour job and ending up better off, seriously??

Yes.
DannyB
Premium Member

7th May 11 at 15:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at 16 hours per week the last thing you should be thinking about is a mortgage man for gods sake.

What about heating, electricity, general maintenance? food for your family, clothes, your car and everything that goes with it?

Get a full time job and save money for a deposit, can't believe you're even thinking about a loan for it, utter madness. Get your priorities in order first.
Jed D

7th May 11 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
This bloke is the biggest cock of the last 5 years to have come on here.

Fuck off you sponging cunt, "do you really think I had an option?"

Well yes you did, like the rest of us when we left school at 16. You go out and work or you sit at home wallowing in your own self pity and blame everyone else for your shortcomings.

You and your class of people are the exact reason this country is in a mess, you feel like you are owed something just because you haven't got an Audi S3.

Everyone has a choice in this country, you might have been unfortunate kid I don't know but for me that would inspire me more to better myself and drag myself out of a mess. Most aren't motivated enough, i.e. you.

you dont know anything about me pal

when i left school i went to college for 4 years doing different courses to get a qualification to get a good job
iv had about 5 or 6 jobs in the past 10 years all have been crap eather due to shite wage or not enough hours
paid quite a bit of taxes aswell

the grief this topic has caused is fucking shocking and i think alot of you need to take a look around and realise not everyone is as lucky as you

Nath

7th May 11 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thread
DannyB
Premium Member

7th May 11 at 15:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Life is what you make of it mate, if you don't get up and go after it you'll never have it. It will never just come to you, no cunt will knock on your door and offer you £50,000 a year to sniff test Cameron Diaz' thongs!

I myself only work part time due to there being very little full time jobs here that I want to do, as I live in the middle of fucking no where, but it's better than being sat at home claiming off the dole. I apply for jobs as often as I can, and I've had more luck in the past by knocking on doors and asking people face to face.

People on here may be better off than you but that doesn't mean you can't have them things for yourself, go out and get them. It wont come to you.

[Edited on 07-05-2011 by DannyB]
richc

7th May 11 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
it is true colin.

my cunt of a cousin (when he got laid off from ford) did cash in hand work with his dad (undeclared money) and his missus' worked 16 hours a week.

they got a 3 bed semi through the housing association, had a 3.2 v6 audi a3 (55 plate) and just spend 15k on a wedding.

mugging here works his arse off and has to pay a £1k mortgage every month aswell as bills, hence why i'm driving around in a shonky puma and not a nice audi.

You earn £39k a year putting engines together. Would hardly say your hard done by.
Jamie Walby

7th May 11 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This thread is delicious.
emicen

7th May 11 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

23, 10yrs. Aye, paper rounds are always high paying jobs. Twat.

As per usual, its everyone's fault but yours. People don't just walk in to high paying jobs, you have to earn it. Try working 60hr weeks before coming whining about how tough work life is.

Way to go wasting our money going through umpteen college courses you haven't seen through to actually utilising the qualification as well.
Ben G

7th May 11 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
it is true colin.

You earn £39k a year putting engines together. Would hardly say your hard done by.

tax man takes a good portion of that which then goes to people on benefits.

i've no problem paying my N.I. as it gives me and everyone else free healthcare.

also pay over 50 quid pension a week.
Joe

7th May 11 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who has the highest horse?
spencer88

7th May 11 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

Well yes you did, like the rest of us when we left school at 16. You go out and work or you sit at home wallowing in your own self pity and blame everyone else for your shortcomings.

You and your class of people are the exact reason this country is in a mess, you feel like you are owed something just because you haven't got an Audi S3.

Everyone has a choice in this country, you might have been unfortunate kid I don't know but for me that would inspire me more to better myself and drag myself out of a mess. Most aren't motivated enough, i.e. you.

I have been working since I was 13 ( was younger but that was my first proper job)
Working in a chip shop doing potatoes after school and weekends.

I had that job until I was 17, moved to Yorkshire for a bit, got a job and paid my bills.
Moved back to Cornwall, went back into my old job and worked my way up to where I am today.

Not ONCE have I claimed benefits, I worked my way through college and have not claimed anything for uni.

Really surprises me how people say they its not their fault they are in the situation they are in claiming benefits and cant get a job! Especially how I moved 350 miles and got a job the same day.

Dave

7th May 11 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JedDy
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

you dont know anything about me pal

when i left school i went to college for 4 years messing about doing different courses and not applying myself to any of them.
iv had about 5 or 6 jobs in the past 10 years all have been crap eather due to shite wage or not enough hours or needing a basic grasp of English.
paid quite a bit of taxes aswell

the grief this topic has caused is warranted and i think i need to take a look around and realise most people who are better off than me worked for it, should probably consider doing the same.

[Edited on 07-05-2011 by CorsaDave]
Ojc

7th May 11 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The work is out there.

As I'm discovering, my dads moto is you have to put yourself out there to get the work.

For example, Friday afternoon we had finished papering this house and it was 2.30pm, now most would have knocked off then and gone up the pub and my mindset at the minute I would have done that as well.

But my dad said "nope, we'll go up the road make a start on the outside of this house in Hambledon"

While we are there doing the outside of this house their neighbours come over and ask us to price up theirs as well, so with a bit of luck we will have another job to price up just because we decided not to knock off early.

What I'm trying to say is, if you got qualifications in certain areas don't just give up because times are hard.
Carl

7th May 11 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
Who has the highest horse?

Some high ones about, some very large tar sodden brushes too.
sc0ott

7th May 11 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Qualifications is fuck all compared to experience and i done shit at school because i couldnt stand it.
The only classes i made an effort in were Art, computing and graphic communication.
Always said i wanted to be an architect to my guidance teacher.
I am now an architectural technician which isnt exactly what i said i would do but its a start.
Travel 70 miles per day to get there going through the worst traffic ques ever and its very stressfull doing that every day and tbh im surprised i have survived with all the job losses thats been going on because i was only an assistant when they were letting people go.
taylorboosh

7th May 11 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jeddy i could get you call centre work full time paying 7 odd rising to 9 plus bonus

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » mortgage...? 22 database queries in 0.0142820 seconds