corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Next chapter of the Lennon saga

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Next chapter of the Lennon saga
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th May 11 at 01:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have said this so many fucking times... Neil Lennon is a football manager. That is it. That man should not go home to his fucking wife and CHILD and expect bomb threats. That is fucking disgusting. I hate him as a player, but how fucking dare those reprebates treat him like a terrorist. Fuck off. He is a fucking man. A fucking FAMILY MAN you fucking pricks. Fuck off and die in a house fire.
emicen

User status: Offline
16th May 11 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
To suggest that we are 'as bad as each other' is the reason sectarianism is swept under the carpet and never dealt with. If you think what is happening to Lennon has been replicated by the other side you would be wrong.

Need clarification on this, as it's a touch ambiguous.

On the one hand, it can be read as the reason sectarianism is never dealt with is because people conclude both sides are as bad as each other so sod them, just let them slug it out. I quite agree. It seems like neither side has the perceived vulnerability of a disabled or ethnic group so more like the Iran-Iraq conflict, outsiders are happier to take sides and let the carnage continue.

On the other hand, it can be read as the "as bad as each other" sentiment is not correct and that I whole heartedly disagree with. Both sides contain hardcore bigots and those who view it with complete contempt and this is not restricted to football. Here is a verbatim quote from a friend of my mate's girlfriend on a night out, "I'm not surprised you don't have any morals you're not catholic." That's not to single one side out, I'm sure equally moronic sentiments come out the other side often enough, but this one always sticks in my mind as this was from a supposedly well educated young female. Private school, university graduate etc. It is rife in society across Glasgow on both sides, it just comes out most prominently with the football crowd.

There seems to be a general problem on both sides accepting they are as bad as each other. Both seems to think the other is worse.

quote:
However, there has never been a focussed campaign on any Rangers staff member due to what he stands for.

What he stands for is an interesting phrase. Please expand.

quote:
A passionate winner inside and out

Seen plenty of passion (boiling over at times) this year, not a whole lot of winning though

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Next chapter of the Lennon saga 23 database queries in 0.0121520 seconds