corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » re: saving for my ferrari

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author re: saving for my ferrari
taylorboosh

User status: Offline
6th Jun 11 at 05:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ak thats cheap - undortunatly i dont like porshes till tge 90s ones. Ian made the most valid point about part availability which would be a big problem.
AK

6th Jun 11 at 05:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are not ferrari's

Old mans mate had one 1 day.... drove it home, into his flat driveway and caught the spiltter on a tiny hump and made a right mess.

7k later for new parts and paint

They are saying it could be VERY expensive..... you could buy a money pit, and that is more than likely with a bargain basement 308, 328 or 348.

I'd still buy a 308 GTB - but I've never found the right time/reason yet.... let alone had money long enough to spend on it

I will have a ferrari one day though and an NSX.
taylorboosh

6th Jun 11 at 05:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I understand what they are saying.

They do miss the point that in five years by the time i had the cash i may no longer want one... Its the goal thats important
taylorboosh

6th Jun 11 at 07:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

308/28 just havent got the presence of a 355/48 imo
Nath

6th Jun 11 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why do you even care about what people on here say then? You keep banging on about it. Just get your head down and do it.
taylorboosh

6th Jun 11 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thread was to ask about the share save to which i got like 3 relevant replies
Nath

6th Jun 11 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And then 4 pages of you ignoring sound advice.
taylorboosh

6th Jun 11 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Advice about a car i dont own and wont be able to afford till five years time?

Read my first post and ask yourself what the thread was about
John_C

6th Jun 11 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ferrari or not just put the money into the share save!! Think you can save 3K per year max.

After year 5 either use as deposit for house or keep invested for next x years.

Remember BT is offering you to buy £1 of share for only 78p

No brainer IMO
Dom

6th Jun 11 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
And then 4 pages of you ignoring sound advice.

But he wasn't asking if he should get a Ferrari. Although saying that he'd have been better to leave Ferrari out of the topic title if he wanted straight answers.

Back on topic, BT are reasonably decent and they've been on the up for the last few months. As John C said, throw in as much as possible and let it do it's thing.
taylorboosh

6th Jun 11 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea seems that way to me too, cant lose cash on it. CS seem to see the fact i want to own a ferrari one day as a p4oblem. I do take the advice on board but its 5 years away, ill read up on the car itself and the costs involved then, till then its a carrot on a rope
BarnshaW

6th Jun 11 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i say go for it mate, if its a dream car and you can save up for it then whats the problem.

does make me laugh when other people post in GC about getting porsches and GTR's but yet people dont shoot them down for running costs.
mwg

6th Jun 11 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
BRB just saving up for a Lamborghini

Why save up?

Just sell your house.

Where is bubble with his house that he's selling to buy a Lamborghini?
taylorboosh

6th Jun 11 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
i say go for it mate, if its a dream car and you can save up for it then whats the problem.

does make me laugh when other people post in GC about getting porsches and GTR's but yet people dont shoot them down for running costs.

If you dont mind me asking how much was your rebuild? also are you on 50k
BarnshaW

6th Jun 11 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my car since beginning of this year owes me the wrong side of 4k.

50k ??? i am on under half of that mate , end of the day i enjoy it and puts a smile on my face so worth the money.

i didnt realise there was so many financial advisors and ferrari owners on CS, learnt alot today from all of them.
Dan
Premium Member

6th Jun 11 at 09:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your such a cunt barndoor

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
adiohead

6th Jun 11 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Working in Slough ftw
Hammer

6th Jun 11 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here's my 2 cents. You will never own a Ferrari.

Sparked a good debate though
John_C

6th Jun 11 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure about everyone else but when i was in early 20's i thought i'd have a nice car when i was older...as i've got older cars have become much less important to me. Do i want a ferrari - of course but in reality i realise its a money pit. I've had 40K sitting in my bank for last 12 months - do i want a ferrari no - do i want property i can get a decent return on yes.

my 2 cents
Robbo

6th Jun 11 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
I think people on here underestimate how much a normal performance car can cost. Ffs how much has corsash spent on the rx7 or barndoor on his scooby
Just to chip in my 2p, I DO earn £50k and I looked VERY seriously into getting a 355 for some weekend fun - any twat can afford to buy one but you are TOTALLY TOTALLY underestimating how much they cost to keep, never mind run. Honestly PLEASE go on PH and ask for owner stories and the horrors you get will put you off for life. Its not about fuel, insurance, garaging or servicing, mot's etc., it's all about the ad-hoc stuff - tyres, clutches, god forbid an engine. They may be Ferraris but they are STILL 10-15 year old cars and still suffer from old car problems. Its also not about budgeting ona monthly basis as that isnt what will hurt you.

ALso @ 'normal performance car' Cost of your average Ferrari 3xx - £100k, average price of a Scooby - £30k

Oh and as for the Sharesave schemes, yes plough as much money into them as possible. They are risk free and the potential returns are very enticing given the pointlessness of saving at present, also stops you from spending savings. I have several at Vodafone (including last years @ 1.17 whereas our depressed share price tis week is at 1.60) but even more lucrative are Share Incentive Plans where you literally get free shares and also save on tax.
Robbo

6th Jun 11 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The othe rvery relevant point is, of all the mega petrolheads around the country, how many do you see driving Ferraris and Lambos etc.? And why is that...
Robbo

6th Jun 11 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and also, it's also my goal to own a Ferrari at some point, just for shits and gigs if nothing else but you HAVE to be sensible about it
Paul_J

6th Jun 11 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This thread is filling up with plenty of INTERNET right now
Paul_J

6th Jun 11 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
The othe rvery relevant point is, of all the mega petrolheads around the country, how many do you see driving Ferraris and Lambos etc.? And why is that...

Thing is, to own a Ferrari 355 - it basically says you're too poor to afford a 458 Italia / 430 scuderia.
(Don't get me wrong, Ferrari 355 was always my dream car and they are still - but that point is still valid).

I think that's another reason why a lot of people who can afford one, don't buy one. Like people who own Porsche Boxsters are basically advertising the fact they can't afford a 911.

The other problem with a Ferrari is it's very 'look at me - look at me'. I'd love one for the fun / noise, but I'd feel like a chav turning up everywhere in it (e.g. daily driver).

That's why if I won the lottery, I'd have something classy like an Aston / R8 for daily driver, then a fun car like Porsche GT3 RS / 430 scuderia.

I wouldn't want to turn up to a posh dinner with the scaffolding in the back of my porsche.
... Well that's a lie, I'm exactly the type of person that would do that.
BarnshaW

6th Jun 11 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont agree with you paul j.

do people who buy 330ci beemers buy them only because they cant afford an M3?

or does someone who buys an audi S4 only buy that because they cannot afford an RS4?

some people just like a particular car and not because they cannot afford better

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » re: saving for my ferrari 23 database queries in 0.0098999 seconds