corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Almost got black flagged at Bedford... Video inside...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Almost got black flagged at Bedford... Video inside...
smcGSI16V

User status: Offline
2nd Aug 11 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The point is if he wasn't expecting you to dive up the inside and was going to move over and let you pass after the corner there could have been a collison.

The general rule is that you dont dive down the inside of somebody for this reason.
I've had it before from an Evo 8 at Donnington, I have seen him coming up behind me, was going to let him past after the corner but intead he took it apon himself to dive up the inside just as I was turning in, I had to swerve and he ended up in the gravel trap.

Its called courtesy because its not a race.
antnee

2nd Aug 11 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wasn't a white evo was it?

One took me on the outside of the first corner, first time driving a rwd car (mates mr2 race car), I was going to let him straight past, but he took it on himself to go around the outside of me, I almost took him out cos he suddenly appeared at the side of me!
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Aug 11 at 17:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by xa0s
they were going pretty slow so dived up the inside... Far more risky because if you low side you take them both out, but that wasn't deemed as unsafe
They're also both looking at you, probably thinking look at that dickhead, I hope he falls off now.

Probably more likely no one noticed. I would think if you took that photo and explained the circumstances under which it was taken to the organiser and asked if this was appropriate on a public day you may be told something contrary to your current understanding.
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Aug 11 at 18:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob B
I'm going to go against the grain and say it becomes very frustrating lap after lap people slowing you down. I wouldn't of gone up the inside but it wasn't like it was close to where the EVO would turn in so i think you're judgement was fine there.
That's what the blue flag is for, I've had it used on cars in front of me in a number of places.

Admittedly not everyone uses it on regular track days but there is provision for it without taking matters in to your own hands.

Plus if the car is driven properly you can overtake with less power in safe places.
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Aug 11 at 18:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I was going a lot faster than him and even after out braking him I was still carrying more corner speed. He couldn't have hit me even if he wanted to...
If he had have turned in for the corner while you were alongside, you would have been there. You really are deluded if you think that there are not circumstances there which may have resulted in contact. You were along side him ffs. How do you know he is expecting you to be there and holding off the turn? How do you know he is even going to stay out wide on the entry? You've no clue what he's doing. He's concentrating on the turn, looking forward, looking himself where to go. Concentrating on the cars in front and what they are doing. And luckily for both him and you, looking out for some dickhead who thinks he's above the rules.
xa0s
Banned

2nd Aug 11 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
I was going a lot faster than him and even after out braking him I was still carrying more corner speed. He couldn't have hit me even if he wanted to...
If he had have turned in for the corner while you were alongside, you would have been there. You really are deluded if you think that there are not circumstances there which may have resulted in contact. You were along side him ffs. How do you know he is expecting you to be there and holding off the turn? How do you know he is even going to stay out wide on the entry? You've no clue what he's doing. He's concentrating on the turn, looking forward, looking himself where to go. Concentrating on the cars in front and what they are doing. And luckily for both him and you, looking out for some dickhead who thinks he's above the rules.

Because it was a straight... He would have seen me by the time he even thought about turning in. I had followed him for ages.

Plus, I like how you jump down my neck when the same happened to me time and time again by faster cars but I'm the dickhead for doing the same. Atom's were coming past me with no consent given, out braking me, out cornering me, etc...

Look at the first photo, look how far in front the Lotus is... The corner was ages after I overtook him. I catch the Lotus up and he's still not turning in. There's absolutely no need for the Evo to turn in and even if he did there's so much room to avoid him. I had followed the Evo for ages and had a rough idea at how he drove to know that it was safe but you know best...

[Edited on 02-08-2011 by xa0s]
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Aug 11 at 18:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

May also be because of you entering his braking zone. He brakes too hard because of you appearing there and comes off, that too would be down to your driving.

Either way, they're made their decision. I can't imagine it's unsubstantiated.
AK

2nd Aug 11 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
He couldn't have hit me even if he wanted to...

well.... thats because you would have hit him!
Eck
Premium Member

2nd Aug 11 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why make a thread about it, then not listen to the people who are telling you why you're in the wrong?
makincorsac

2nd Aug 11 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that ariel atom at about 5 min 15 was awesome
3i_gaz

3rd Aug 11 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so even if the guy rolled on next to you coming into the corner then took the correct line and you was in the way.... he still wouldent of hit you? get fucked mate. You went on pretty straight line and dipped it in at the last minute all over the place track postion wise. Your lines were total shit thats the problem.

To add i LOVE the fact you havent posted a word about being faster than a porsche etc... on edition38 as you'd jsut get flamed 100 times worse than on here.
xa0s
Banned

3rd Aug 11 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
May also be because of you entering his braking zone. He brakes too hard because of you appearing there and comes off, that too would be down to your driving.

Either way, they're made their decision. I can't imagine it's unsubstantiated.

I'm travelling at a lot higher speed than him, when I brake I'm still accelerating on him... He didn't need to adjust his position at all, if I was a ghost and he had no idea where I was he still wouldn't have been anywhere near my car.

quote:
Originally posted by 3i_gaz
so even if the guy rolled on next to you coming into the corner then took the correct line and you was in the way.... he still wouldent of hit you? get fucked mate. You went on pretty straight line and dipped it in at the last minute all over the place track postion wise. Your lines were total shit thats the problem.

Why do the lines need to be correct if you're going at walking pace?

I was trying to dodge around slow drivers. If you look at the rest of the video where I'm actually pushing you will see that my lines are fine...

quote:
To add i LOVE the fact you havent posted a word about being faster than a porsche etc... on edition38 as you'd jsut get flamed 100 times worse than on here.

I only ever post on my project thread on Edition 38.

I was faster than several Porsches though, so what? Just because they have a better car doesn't mean they're automatically a better/faster driver... I think the guy in the GT3 RS was really new to driving fast because he was embarrassingly slow. His pace upped towards the end but I was still quicker than him through the corners/braking but he obviously killed me down the straights.
3i_gaz

3rd Aug 11 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you werent going at walking pace though... and your lines werent correct. Just becaue your like that dosent mean other people are gonna drive wrong does it?

the point of trackdays are you dont have to dodge slow drivers, you wait for the right place to pass or people will move over. simples.

I know it dosent i just love all the big headed bollox on corsasport and on editon you actually come accross as quite sound, not a big headed am one better than everyone else noob.

As said earlier you was in the wrong as 80-90% of the people on here have said who have track experience including myself.
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Aug 11 at 00:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The driving in the video isn't the worse thing, the attitude is rather more smelly.
xa0s
Banned

3rd Aug 11 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
you werent going at walking pace though... and your lines werent correct. Just becaue your like that dosent mean other people are gonna drive wrong does it?

the point of trackdays are you dont have to dodge slow drivers, you wait for the right place to pass or people will move over. simples.

I know it dosent i just love all the big headed bollox on corsasport and on editon you actually come accross as quite sound, not a big headed am one better than everyone else noob.

As said earlier you was in the wrong as 80-90% of the people on here have said who have track experience including myself.

I don't post on Edition unless it's in my project thread which is copied and pasted from here...
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Aug 11 at 00:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell them about you and the Porsche then, see what happens.

Did they buy the bit about it being a private road?
Graham88

3rd Aug 11 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it would be interesting to see if someone else posted up that video and asked if they did anything wrong. Cause IMO I don't think there was anything wrong, and that's a move I also would have pulled. I agree a trackday isn't a race, but you are there for your own reasons, whether that be to drive balls out, to test your car, to improve your driving, to learn more about your car on the limit, it doesn't really matter what the reasons are but you should always move out of the way if there is a faster car behind you. At Brands most of those drivers would have been getting the blue flag waved furiously at them, quite often I've had a fist out the window at the marshall when I'm stuck behind a slower car for a good lap or more!
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Aug 11 at 01:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I critique my videos all the time, hopefully don't come across that much of a nob.
xa0s
Banned

3rd Aug 11 at 01:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Tell them about you and the Porsche then, see what happens.

It wasn't me that posted it on here though... I posted it on Facebook.

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Did they buy the bit about it being a private road?

They didn't ask. They just said it's a cool photo...

quote:
Soooo cool! ^

quote:
did it land with a massive bang? lol

if i did that with my vrs i'd have no wings left!

quote:
cool pics bud

the comps look good on it in grey good choice

quote:

quote:
at the comments on CS

http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=345261&st=140
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Aug 11 at 01:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So they don't allow suction mounted cameras but you used one anyway
xa0s
Banned

3rd Aug 11 at 01:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
So they don't allow suction mounted cameras but you used one anyway

Yeah? As did tons of others... So what?
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Aug 11 at 01:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I despair, your arrogance knows no bounds.
Jamie-C

3rd Aug 11 at 01:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone needs too chill. I like the more relaxed approach on ED38 in the link above.
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Aug 11 at 01:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just watched the bit with the orange Porsche again, you two really do sounds like a pair of chav joy riders.
Graham88

3rd Aug 11 at 02:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've used a suction mount on several occasions where you're not supposed too, one being the Nurburgring, where cameras aren't even allowed, but hundreds of people still do it...

I think you are just using things because you don't like him Ian, as I wrote, I think if anyone else posted this video it would be seen in a very different light.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Almost got black flagged at Bedford... Video inside... 22 database queries in 0.0197010 seconds