corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How fast can you drive past a horse?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How fast can you drive past a horse?
Chris C

User status: Offline
21st Sep 11 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
the horse might spook me tbh and i might panic run away

nathy_87

21st Sep 11 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've always slowed down when I've come to horses jsut respect tbh, and when I had my motorbike (loose exhasut flange), and my old polo (loud exhaust) always dipped the clutch as it was really loud and got a thank you off them, infact I've always had a Thank you nod/wave from the horseriders around where I live.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

21st Sep 11 at 19:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lynny
quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
If I crashed cos I skidded on poo from one of your horses could I claim on your insurance?

no idea tbh, I wouldn't have thought so tbh. Not like you can build up horse NCB so please feel free to try.

So why don't horse owners get a fine for shitting on the roads? Far more dangerous than a bit of dog poo on the pavement.

1) you get pedestrians on the pavement and it's not nice to step in dog shit, whereas horses shouldn't be on pavements.
2) as already stated, dog shit is full of manufactured food, it's not nice stuff, horse shit is predominately grass/fibre, and as a result will very soon break down and disappear
3) the sheer logistics of expecting a horse rider to clean it up is ridiculous. It would entail carrying a spade etc whilst riding, getting off your horse on a road, cleaning it into some kind of bag which you have to carry back, along with your spade, then get back on in the middle of the road, and continue your ride.

I ride on roads, do have plenty fields but having a racer he goes mental on grass. Before Monday he'd never been out on roads and never seen traffic but was mint. I've been taking my 2 year old out on roads since he was 6 month. A horse is never going to learn to be around traffic unless it's brought out in it!

My horse is insured with up to £5,000,000 third party cover.

As well as being a horse rider, I'm a motorist. If I'm driving, I'll always slow and pass wide for horses, regardless what the rider is doing, it's not the horse's fault if the rider is thick and risking both their lives. When I'm riding out, I wear hi-vis, keep single file to the left and thank drivers who slow. We always walk past pedestrians etc and give way to them.

End of the day, horses were on the roads well before cars, it's good exercise and good for the environment

No need for a spade.

I give you the horse nappy

Ta darrrr -

Lynny

21st Sep 11 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My horses would go mental and kick your head in if you even tried to go near them with that
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

21st Sep 11 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant really see much difference to having a winter coat on or all the tack tbf. Should be able to get it on no problem on a well behaved horse
niallb123

21st Sep 11 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drive past them as fast as you like tbh they dont pay road tax so why the hell should wee slow down for them even tho i do as i normally know the person ridin them round my area.
Brett
Premium Member

21st Sep 11 at 19:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OMG all horses on roads should have to wear those, that's hilarious!! Means the rider gets a constant whiff of shit too, added bonus

Oh, and if your horse goes mental and kicks when trying to put it on, then that'd be down to bad training, since apparently they're trained well enough to handle lots of traffic, etc.
Steve
Premium Member

21st Sep 11 at 19:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

something suspiscious about girls and horses, always seems to be girls that are into them, only a few blokes etc.

deffo some sexual element in it somewhere along the line
Jambo

21st Sep 11 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Horse NCB
Ben J

21st Sep 11 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As fast as possible.
Lynny

21st Sep 11 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm actually creased up here at all the horse experts. In my 21+ years of riding, I've never known a horse who hasn't spooked at some things. I have a 6 year old TB, has raced since he was a 2 year old, trained by one of the best trainers in the country, yet still spoils at ridiculous things. They're pray animals who rely heavily on their natural fight or flight instinct.

And no that's not the same as normal tack or rugs.
Paul_J

21st Sep 11 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you ever arrested a horse Lynny?
John

21st Sep 11 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gtitim has given one a speeding ticket.
mike56gte

22nd Sep 11 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i usually go past in second gear at about 55-60 with the car bouncing of the limter poppin and bangin.
Ben G

22nd Sep 11 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Gary
quote:
Originally posted by makincorsac
quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
i dont slow down at all, as far as im concerned there is enough fields for horses to go in, they pay no road tax or have no insurance etc, il turn on anti lag passed them in future aswell. cunts

some horse riders do have insurance.... that is a fact

My mum and dad do.

Should be a legal requirement, end of the day if a horse rears and sits on your bonnet it'll prob be a right off (the car not the horse obv)

Should have an 'MOT' too, to check they are roadworthy and not easily spooked etc.

A horse could do a hell of a lot of damage if it kicks off and there are kids about

Me and mine are insured public liability up to £1,000,000 i think

[Edited on 21-09-2011 by chrisritch]

what if your horse caused 1.5million in damage?
chrisritch

22nd Sep 11 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Gary
quote:
Originally posted by makincorsac
quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
i dont slow down at all, as far as im concerned there is enough fields for horses to go in, they pay no road tax or have no insurance etc, il turn on anti lag passed them in future aswell. cunts

some horse riders do have insurance.... that is a fact

My mum and dad do.

Should be a legal requirement, end of the day if a horse rears and sits on your bonnet it'll prob be a right off (the car not the horse obv)

Should have an 'MOT' too, to check they are roadworthy and not easily spooked etc.

A horse could do a hell of a lot of damage if it kicks off and there are kids about

Me and mine are insured public liability up to £1,000,000 i think

[Edited on 21-09-2011 by chrisritch]

It won't.
Ben G

22nd Sep 11 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Doug
TBH it shows you are an utter arse if you speed past horses.

From the eyes of a beginner if I was riding on the road and a car went tearing past and spooked the horse I was on I would be seriously pissed off and have a 350z on the road in 3 minutes.

most aren't being serious though

i've been in the position before when i'm travelling along down an NSL country lane, come around a small been at about 50mph and theres a horse in the road just after.

am i supposed to whack the brakes on just because the horse is at the side of the road? even though i was doing less than the speed limit?

if a horse is scared by every car that drives past at a moderate speed then they should stick to 30mph limit roads or not be on the road at all.
Ben G

22nd Sep 11 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

It won't.

what if it sat on and wrote off 2 veyrons travelling in convoy?
chrisritch

22nd Sep 11 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:

It won't.

what if it sat on and wrote off 2 veyrons travelling in convoy?

explain how that would happen
mwg

22nd Sep 11 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

one Veyron runs in to the back of your horse due to skidding on horse shit then it bounces the horse in to the path of a Veyron travelling in the opposite direction
John

22nd Sep 11 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They'd be laughing that much at a guy on a horse they'd let him away with it.
Ben G

22nd Sep 11 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thankyou mwg

so 2 veyrons wrote off + injury claims.

you'd be fucked mate.
chrisritch

22nd Sep 11 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shouldn't have been driving like such cunts then tbh
BarnshaW

22nd Sep 11 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

going to drive my car into the next stables i see and casually drive around all day since its ok for them.
chrisritch

22nd Sep 11 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on topic im not really bothered how fast people drive past me. My horse isn't fucking retarded so it doesn't bother him. Always wave and thank people who do and pull in to let traffic past if its busy

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How fast can you drive past a horse? 22 database queries in 0.0196829 seconds