corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » E46 M3 - what would you pay?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author E46 M3 - what would you pay?
big eck

User status: Offline
26th Sep 11 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats a hell of a lot of money for insurance for owning a car thats marginally quicker through the bends. If the Mazda was mapped it would rape the M3 no problem.

I passed an M3 tonight and I have to admit they are stunning looking cars with some road presence but for some reason something always held me back from buying one.
Graham88

27th Sep 11 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with what you lads are saying and it's put me in 2 minds, but it's a Group 20 car & I've got an accident against me, all things I've got to take onboard!
Jambo

27th Sep 11 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much do you pay for the Mazda?

M3 will be a world apart from the Mazda. Go and drive it Graham
Graham88

27th Sep 11 at 00:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£1350 for 10 months

That's the plan mate already got my bargaining jargon at the ready. Going to see if Admiral will cover me for 1 day on Saturday or something to give it a test drive. It's going to be completely different to mine so I do want to give it a half decent drive (length of drive not rag!) to check it's a bit of me. My mates just bought one too so might see if he'll let me have a go too.
Jambo

27th Sep 11 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will probably feel slow. If it does you aren't revving it enough if your used to lazy turbo power you will need to properly drive this to get the power out of it, including changing down gears etc. It's a bigger car and very refined so it does lose a small amount of sensation of speed. But put the window down goon it round the twists and I'm pretty sure you will be wondering why you spent all that money on a Mazda
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

27th Sep 11 at 09:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what im well not worried but have some hesitation about is going from a highish power turbo to NA.
Jambo

27th Sep 11 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's far more rewarding. Turbos are great but N/A is so much smoother and much more managable with the throttle.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

27th Sep 11 at 09:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would you use your E36 all year round Jambo? Including winter snow/ice?

Is it right in saying that the E36 is much more a drivers car as it hasnt got all the gadgets and gizmos the E46 has.

As much as i love E46 i couldnt spend that much on a car. So thats why im looking at E36
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

27th Sep 11 at 09:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even though there is this one pre-facelift
E46 M3 Grey 80K miles - 6k
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201138417331634/sort/priceasc/usedcars/model/m3/make/bmw/quicksearch/true/page/5/radius/1501/postcode/le102hn?logcode=p
Tomnova16
Premium Member

27th Sep 11 at 09:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cat c so a bit over priced

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

27th Sep 11 at 09:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What should it be around if its cat c?
Jambo

27th Sep 11 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

E36 isn't more of a drivers car the E46 Is far better. The only thing I would say is "better" about the e36 is the steering feel. It's still an excellent performance car with typical 50/50 weight distribution from bm, straight six high revving engine With excellet handling and driver appeal. The E36 is FAR cheaper to maintain as well. Tyres are same cost as most hot hatches, suspensions cheap, all parts bar the obv M3 bits are e36 non model specific. So replacing bits is easy and cheap. Be prepared for main dealer prices if you do get one, might be cheap to buy but it's still an M3 and the parts are dear.

I use mine all year round. I doubt I will take it out in snow but I dont drive in snow unless 100% vital. That is of course f it snows. All 2 days a year.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

27th Sep 11 at 11:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for a y reg cat c with 80k miles i wouldnt give anymore than £5k
cat d would be a little more

also need details of repairs

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Toby
Premium Member

27th Sep 11 at 11:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My brother paid £3400 for his 1.4 corsa.
as part of a multicar policy and paying it in advances. Thats stupid, £1600 is a bargin.

Buy it, you only live once
Ojc

28th Sep 11 at 07:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keep Mazda get it mapped M3s are not all that at all I'm sorry.

E90 M3 is awesome E46 is meh
jr

28th Sep 11 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

Cav GSI
Ojc

28th Sep 11 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly, respond to my taunts on facebook please James.
Graham88

28th Sep 11 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was looking at E92's but don't really wanna finance a car plus will be needing another track car as it's a different league running that on track. So pointless for me. One day though, once they've stopped coming down in price by 1k a month
big eck

28th Sep 11 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

You better be ready for jambos wrath after saying that.

I agree map the Mazda it'll feel like a totally different car.
BarnshaW

28th Sep 11 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

prettu sure after a remap the mazda would be as fast if not faster, id then go the extra step and look for 350bhp or so in the mazda? be different
Graham88

28th Sep 11 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will be even more of a handful coming out of corners than it is at the moment then....BTCC cars having all those handling mods to get it round a corner and they only run the same power I do now, its not just about straight lines here lads!
Jambo

28th Sep 11 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Will be even more of a handful coming out of corners than it is at the moment then....BTCC cars having all those handling mods to get it round a corner and they only run the same power I do now, its not just about straight lines here lads!

Common Graham, its corsasport. Its about book figures and cheap suspension setups.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

28th Sep 11 at 22:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, its about thinking that RWD is right wheel drive and driving a BMW makes you a living breathing GOD.
Ben G

28th Sep 11 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
quote:
Originally posted by Graham88

Common Graham, its corsasport. Its about book figures and cheap suspension setups.

my mate always goes on about how his scooby does 0-60 in 5.8 seconds and has 212bhp. yes, when it was new 16 years ago ffs.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

28th Sep 11 at 22:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Time for new mates Ben G.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » E46 M3 - what would you pay? 23 database queries in 0.3175001 seconds