corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Classic example of other car forums

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Classic example of other car forums
cavmad

User status: Offline
26th Oct 11 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's always the problem with VWs. I ran a lowered Passat for a while which was a hateful car. Everywhere I went some 'VDUB' anorak started boring the tits off me about them.
Tell you what though they'd soon disappear when I told them how shit the car was and that I'd never have another.
DaveyLC

26th Oct 11 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is some official independant report somewhere (published circa. 2003/4) that showed it couldnt hold the quoted viscosity at the upper thermal threshold, I just had a frantic search on 'the internet'...

You could see it for yourself too, if you drained magnatec from a warm engine it was like piss water.

They 'may' have improved it these days but I never, ever, ever, ever buy castrol.
3CorsaMeal

26th Oct 11 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm 100% going to repeat that to other people now
Jake

26th Oct 11 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3cm is no good at trolling other forums he tried and failed on the corrado forum. ive seen it first hand
3CorsaMeal

26th Oct 11 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=398352
Jake

26th Oct 11 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you thunderpants?
3CorsaMeal

26th Oct 11 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might be
Fonz
Premium Member

26th Oct 11 at 11:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a 1985 1.0 standard (complete with 26 years worth of rust) Nova....photos in my garage....but i still manage to get a wave ever so often when i am out in it.

I often wave at MX5 drrivers if they seem the type, Mk1 and 2, Mk3 drivers don't react
Joe

26th Oct 11 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You do seem the type though.
Ojc

26th Oct 11 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
26th Oct 11 at 16:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thread about front spacers, I replied to tell the guy they're altering the offset, someone else replied to tell me that they move the hub.

[Edited on 26-10-2011 by Ian]
stuartmitchell

26th Oct 11 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ojc

26th Oct 11 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve
Premium Member

26th Oct 11 at 17:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Thread about front spacers, I replied to tell the guy they're altering the offset, someone else replied to tell me that they move the hub.

[Edited on 26-10-2011 by Ian]

cool im going to log in there right now to take the piss, cant wait
Steve
Premium Member

26th Oct 11 at 17:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh btw thats the same bloke that tried saying that a locally earthed racing battery would have problems charging and starting and said you must run a seperate earth right to the front of the car aswell as the live

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=138&t=14026

basically a clueless twat

[Edited on 26-10-2011 by Steve]
Steve
Premium Member

26th Oct 11 at 17:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Just to add fuel to the fire............ "you do need to run the earth forward" as well...

I have/did relocated my battery into the boot of my Classic Saab 900 Turbo years ago and never ever had a problem with starting/charging...and the Saab was a bigger/older car
if you only earth the battery in the boot you will have problems with bad/slow starting and charging..

and this was the information from mechanics with donkey years of experiance working on all sort of cars

but at the end of the day its up to you either do it right or bodge it
alan-g-w

26th Oct 11 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
There is some official independant report somewhere (published circa. 2003/4) that showed it couldnt hold the quoted viscosity at the upper thermal threshold, I just had a frantic search on 'the internet'...

You could see it for yourself too, if you drained magnatec from a warm engine it was like piss water.

They 'may' have improved it these days but I never, ever, ever, ever buy castrol.

Surely if that first paragraph is true the problem will have been addressed, if not straight away then in the following six years?

it's quite ironic that you're doing what this thread is actually about - go down to a track day and I bet you'll find someone who's using Castrol of some sort. Monitor their oil temp/ pressure and I'd put money on it that it would be the same as someone using something of the same grade, different/ 'better' brand. I know that you're not claiming that it wouldn't work as oil should normally work but just because it can't hold viscosity at the maximum tested temperature doesn't mean that it's shit. You'd need to see the actual results obviously but what if the 'upper thermal threshold' was 300degrees, and it was purely a test for a test's sake?

Stuff like that just annoys me. I've been using castrol GTX and magnatec for the last 3 years of driving and in that time have had absolutely no problems at all with oil being too thin. I've had the head/ rockers off two different XEs and the cam lobes always look in average condition for their age, as they should - my point being, I'll always take tried and tested over something that I've read.

just to say, I'm not saying that you yourself are talking shite. Just that the fact that it's sold as lubricant for your engine and the fact that it's got a fairly good rep built up over years and years would mean that I would, shock horror, ignore the internet's advice there. I'd be very interested to see the report though and find out who it was written/ comissioned by...!

[Edited on 26-10-2011 by alan-g-w]
Steve
Premium Member

26th Oct 11 at 17:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
go down to a track day and I bet you'll find someone who's using Castrol of some sort.

yeah me

and i agree it sounds like internet scare mongering
Jake

26th Oct 11 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lovely piece of writing
mwg

26th Oct 11 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The internet has a lot to answer for.
alan-g-w

26th Oct 11 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Davey seems a pretty smart guy with these sort of things so I'm still very much open to the fact he could have a point
Steve
Premium Member

26th Oct 11 at 17:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*usually smart

this is the same guy that says the russian guy is firing BB guns dont forget
mwg

26th Oct 11 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You been watching any of those new videos FPS Russia has put up recently?
John

26th Oct 11 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If Davey has posted it I'd go with the opposite.
Jake

26th Oct 11 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

steve are you signing up to s2k forum or what

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Classic example of other car forums 22 database queries in 0.0200019 seconds