corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » People still living at their parents...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author People still living at their parents...
emicen

User status: Offline
14th Nov 11 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Because people who haven't bothered their arse at life should be penalised, not rewarded.

Nor daft wee tarts whose career choice was to spread them.

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Also this government make it impossible for single mums to better themselves.

Ben G

14th Nov 11 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
200k for a 2 bed apartment around here. That's 10% deposit 20k plus other fees etc so 25k say then pay 1k a month mortgage. Have a shit life eating beans just so you can tell people that you "own" your own house.

Fuck that

I ear well.thanks mate.

I have a mate who is 28 and still lives at home. He is a bit weird though. He had to use up all his holiday allowance to look after 2 dogs whilst his mum and dad went on holiday and his 25 year old brother stayed round his birds house.

Hes eaten sainsburys sandwiches in work every day for 4.5 years aswell.
Graham88

14th Nov 11 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

23, living at home. Don't have enough deposit to move out & have it too good at home anyway. Dinners cooked, washing done, detached house, come & go when I want etc. don't wanna rent and I want to move straight into a house I want to stay in for a fair few years thus needing a large deposit. Hopefully be out by 25 but not in a rush tbh.
kennySRi

15th Nov 11 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
I'm 26 and live at home. I come and go as I please, get everything cooked and cleaned for me and I get on well with my parents. I see no reason to rush and buy a gaff because that's the done thing.

Exactly the same as this. My life is way too good living at home at the moment, don't see why i would want to risk ruining that just so i can live on my own rather than getting on with my parents.

I will move out when im ready to and not a day earlier
Ben G

15th Nov 11 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
23, living at home. Don't have enough deposit to move out & have it too good at home anyway. Dinners cooked, washing done, detached house, come & go when I want etc. don't wanna rent and I want to move straight into a house I want to stay in for a fair few years thus needing a large deposit. Hopefully be out by 25 but not in a rush tbh.

Can i just remind you that you just spent 14k on a bmw m3
Generation

15th Nov 11 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

24 (JUST) live with parents. Inherited a property last year, which I rent out. I have been wasting money on everything and anything since then (using rent I receive) Don't mind my rents, GF house 5 mins down the road too.

I will be moving out in a year or two I guess, in no rush and enjoying having money to spend without worrying to much atm, I understand people who do rush, but if you get one with parents, I don't see the rush.

My situation is sell property, and have smaller mortgage payments, or continue renting. Or take a business venture somewhere

[Edited on 15-11-2011 by Generation]
Jules S
Premium Member

15th Nov 11 at 00:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
200k for a 2 bed apartment around here. That's 10% deposit 20k plus other fees etc so 25k say then pay 1k a month mortgage. Have a shit life eating beans just so you can tell people that you "own" your own house.

Fuck that

This is so close to a colleague of mine's real life - he seems happy with it though.
£280k place, £39k deposit and him and his girlfriend pay around £1100 a month.

There is, of course, the small matter that after 25 years (or a lot less if you play the game right) he/she will be living in a £280k+ house mortgage free.

It's a very nice feeling, trust me on that
Ste M

15th Nov 11 at 02:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Inherited

Jake

15th Nov 11 at 02:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im 24 and living with the old cheese. plan was to move out by the age of 25 but i cant afford to do it on my own
Ben G

15th Nov 11 at 02:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a bird then you fucking jaffa.
Butler

15th Nov 11 at 03:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Moved out when I was 18, hope I never have to go back. Its hard living in London, but the independence makes me a better person.
Graham88

15th Nov 11 at 05:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by Graham88

Can i just remind you that you just spent 14k on a bmw m3

Exactly, not in a rush In fairness if it wasn't for that car coming along my original intention was to go sensible this year and save hardcore and move out next year, but fuck it, another year won't hurt!
Robo C20Let

15th Nov 11 at 06:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im 22 and never moving out, im slowly waiting for them to die so it can all be mine !!!!!!
Ojc

15th Nov 11 at 06:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£125 a month rent
morpheus22

15th Nov 11 at 06:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

29 and still at home. would love my own gaff but your looking at 25k deposit for a average place round here.

i allways thought renting was dead money?

i havnt really looked into it enough to understand everything tbh
Generation

15th Nov 11 at 07:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste M
quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Inherited

Jed D

15th Nov 11 at 07:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
23 and put in for a council house/flat, but takes ages to get offered anything.

because there's people like our lasses chronically ill brother who had been homeless for over 5 month waiting for a poxy flat that someone's died in
not to mention he's been told his kidney is rejecting and only has so long to live
yeah lets give a council house to someone who need space from there parents because they cant be arsed to wash there dishes

soz for the drunken rant

[Edited on 14-11-2011 by Jed D]

haven't read the full thread but i apologise to anyone who was offended buy this
i was on a drunken rant last night. feeling the pain a bit now though
spencer88

15th Nov 11 at 07:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I live with my mum at the moment.
Soon I should be moving in to some accommodation that work can provide, basically a studio flat.

I live in Cornwall, where we have the lowest wages and the highest cost of living.

Being classed as a 'trainee' means my wage could just about afford a 1 bedroom flats rent and bills, never mind food and other living costs, that is why I live at home.
John

15th Nov 11 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by morpheus22
29 and still at home. would love my own gaff but your looking at 25k deposit for a average place round here.

Average place in Sheffield costs you £250k, you couldn't find something a third of that?
AndyKent

15th Nov 11 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See £25k really isn't that difficult if you WANT to move out.

Takes time, but if you want something enough you'll do it.
Gary
Premium Member

15th Nov 11 at 08:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
quote:
Originally posted by morpheus22

Average place in Sheffield costs you £250k, you couldn't find something a third of that?

average of 250 in sheffield! Sheffield is shitter than here and you can pick up houses cheap here
mwg

15th Nov 11 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't afford to buy on my own.
Gary
Premium Member

15th Nov 11 at 09:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg

Rent?
Rich H

15th Nov 11 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Back living with parents atm. Did move out for 2.5 years with the now ex-gf

Moving back allowed me to keep the business running and progress (ie. new van and invest in other equipment, insurance policies etc that I needed)

Still get the want for a unit for the business, but would rather move out first now tbh.

Refuse to rent though as I'm one of those who see's it as a waste of money. Most my mates are moved out but all rent and near enough all of them regret it as they'd rather own somewhere now it seems.

That said, my criteria for the house needs to have a drive and ideally a garage for the van Trying to save, but a mortgage when self employed seems a little trickier and I'm not sitting on enough cash to make the leap yet.

Vaguely aiming for next year, but suspect it'll be the year after. The sooner the better now though as I'm back in a decent relationship and she lives at home with her parents too!

[Edited on 15-11-2011 by Rich H]
mwg

15th Nov 11 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
quote:
Originally posted by mwg

Rent?

Maybe will do if I get desperate, would rather buy. Don't want to bust my balls to pay someone elses mortage if I can help it.

[Edited on 15-11-2011 by mwg]

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » People still living at their parents... 22 database queries in 0.0145218 seconds