corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » strikes

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author strikes
Shell
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Nov 11 at 11:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
quote:
Originally posted by mattk
quote:
Originally posted by Shell
some working conditions are piss poor right now and to say

discribe "piss poor"
having to look after ill people.
No foot massages on designated breaks either, you forgot that bit.
LeeM

27th Nov 11 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am interested what the piss poor conditions are though
Shell
Premium Member

27th Nov 11 at 11:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Being forced to work with a lot less numbers than you actually NEED when "looking after ill people" directly effects patient care and has already been pointed out, nhs care is on its arse for this reason. Imo, that's piss poor.

I should point out that i know this isn't what the strikes are about but I think to be asking people to carry an unreasonable work load, totally underappreciated and then say by the way, you'll be doing it for even longer, with less pension at the end is a kick in the teeth.

[Edited on 27-11-2011 by Shell]
sc0ott

27th Nov 11 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So when they strike for the 3rd time will they call it a turkey
LeeM

27th Nov 11 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Being forced to work with a lot less numbers than you actually NEED when "looking after ill people" directly effects patient care and has already been pointed out, nhs care is on its arse for this reason. Imo, that's piss poor.

I should point out that i know this isn't what the strikes are about but I think to be asking people to carry an unreasonable work load, totally underappreciated and then say by the way, you'll be doing it for even longer, with less pension at the end is a kick in the teeth.

country is in a recession though, everyones being hit and its a point where everyone has to put up with it and work hard to get through it just like previous generations have done. where i worked we were understaffed, overworked and didnt get annual cost of living or bonus. because it wasnt public sector we couldnt have a little strike when things werent going our way so i went to college, worked 2 jobs and now im at uni
Jamie

27th Nov 11 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anything for a moan, oh and a day off
Shell
Premium Member

27th Nov 11 at 11:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

country is in a recession though, everyones being hit and its a point where everyone has to put up with it and work hard to get through it just like previous generations have done. where i worked we were understaffed, overworked and didnt get annual cost of living or bonus. because it wasnt public sector we couldnt have a little strike when things werent going our way so i went to college, worked 2 jobs and now im at uni

No disrespect Lee but I don't know what you did at your job or if the conditions you describe have any direct effect on the health of others, nor do I understand what you being at uni has to do with anything? Generations before us went on strike and generations after us will continue to.
Steve
Premium Member

27th Nov 11 at 11:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hopefully my exhaust will arrive so I can fit it using my annual strike leave
Gary
Premium Member

27th Nov 11 at 11:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you dont like it go get a different job
LeeM

27th Nov 11 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

No disrespect Lee but I don't know what you did at your job or if the conditions you describe have any direct effect on the health of others, nor do I understand what you being at uni has to do with anything? Generations before us went on strike and generations after us will continue to.

because i didnt like my job so i put the effort into retraining to do something better and earn more money, rather than striking.
striking is lazy, how does sitting on your arse for a day and refusing to work prove you deserve anything other than your p45?
mattk

27th Nov 11 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im currently walking the rough arse council estates of manchester alone on near minimum wage doing work for a local authority because work is slack around my area, Im putting £100 a week juice in my van as well as running the thing, advertising and paying business insurance and registration costs. I work for my self so I cant strike, I dont have a union and dont have a pension. Im self employed in the main because I couldnt get a job if I tried

dont get me wrong I havent had a bad year, I had quite a good summer for my first year trading, I made 30k last year but I was working 7 days a week on my own

this isnt a look at me Im self employed and its hard feel sorry for me post. there are people out there and even people on here self employed that do a roaring trade, Like Tom ect

Im just pointing out that there is nearly always someone worse off than you. thats why I dont get too down. there are people alot worse off than me.

be glad you have a job and a wage slip comming in every week. I am
neil h

27th Nov 11 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaDave
quote:
Originally posted by neil h
quote:
Originally posted by CorsaDave
Surely that's up to you and what drives you. Not sure of the relevance to what Ian and Russ have posted though.

Read it again perfectly relevant.

How? Neither said you should do a job you didn't like for more money or that you should choose between a job you like or one that pays well.

Ian got it if you basically enjoy your job but have issues with the pay/working conditions/pension changes (eg care work) then resigning may not be the best solution. Money was just an easy example.
LeeM

27th Nov 11 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on the plus side, tuesday should be a good night out with no one being in uni wednesday!
Jake

27th Nov 11 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the old cheese always comes home from work complaining about how bad it is on her ward. understaffed and over worked is the jist of it
Dave

27th Nov 11 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet 90% of the UK workforce come home and bitch/moan about their workplace in some form or other, it's human nature.
Half Pint

27th Nov 11 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm glad to have a job and wage slip coming in, so should those in the public sector.
cavmad

27th Nov 11 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsajay88
So there is a public sector strike on next week. Wanted to know some opinions on this. Imo the press coverage of this seems to be really biased and ill informed. People seem to think all public sector workers are one fantastic salarys and a massive pension at the end of it.

Exactly.

I'm right behind those on strike and wish them all the best. These dickheads in charge of the country need taking to task and the brain dead Daily Mail types who believe what they read in that rag need their heads examining imho.
Steve
Premium Member

27th Nov 11 at 19:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From my experience of being inside the public sector, I witness too many managers, on too high salary, also too many made up job roles for people that arent needed.

The ground workers themselves, are usually under paid compared to equivalent private sector jobs.

Theres always been a trade off there though because of the hassle free environment and perks, eg pensions etc.

They are now squeezing making the job full of hassle, and getting rid of most perks. Paid sickness from day 1, pensions, travel allowances being cut, all what made you put up with being on lower pay for an less stress quality of life.

Remove that and you will find a lot of people leaving and/or striking.
Dave

27th Nov 11 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They won't walk though because they know there are 20 people waiting to do their job.

I don't blame the people for trying to protect their perks and pensions, I'd probably do the same in their shoes but there is no getting away from the fact that the country has huge debt and we are still spending more than we are bringing in. Add to that more people living for longer and a higher percentage of public sector workers and it's clear something has to give.
Gary
Premium Member

27th Nov 11 at 21:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sack all of em. Theres hundreds/thousands of unemployed people that would hapil take their jobs. Ungrateful selfish cunts imo.

If i had the choice, either no job or a job will less benefits than it did before, i'd choose having a job.
Jake

27th Nov 11 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Sack all of em. Theres hundreds/thousands of unemployed people that would hapil take their jobs. Ungrateful selfish cunts imo.

yeh and what will happen a year down the line when they are all settled into full time employment - another strike

jesus christ gary dove. british people love a day off
Gary
Premium Member

27th Nov 11 at 21:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unions have a lot to answer for too. Sending people on srrike is a stupid idea. It'l cost the counttry that much money they definatly arnt gonna get what they want! Thats like someone owing you money then breaking their legs so they cant goto work to earn money to pay you back.
Gary
Premium Member

27th Nov 11 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake
quote:

yeh and what will happen a year down the line when they are all settled into full time employment - another strike

They wont as they will know how they got the job in the first place.

Russ

27th Nov 11 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How many times. Strikes aren't over working conditions..
Jake

27th Nov 11 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jake
quote:

They wont as they will know how they got the job in the first place.

these are qualified people striking aswell, not bin men. try and explain how the government will find the people to replace them

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » strikes 22 database queries in 0.0159581 seconds