corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » RIP Gary Speed

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author RIP Gary Speed
Ben G

User status: Offline
27th Nov 11 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that was a bit harsh looking back, but thought it was confirmed he's commited suicide.

if it hasn't, then i apologise but if it's confirmed then i stand by that comment.
Steve
Premium Member

27th Nov 11 at 20:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he was found hanged pretty sure thats as good as confirmed
taylorboosh

27th Nov 11 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How can jonny call it tragic?

A car crash is tragic

Suicide is stupidity
Steve
Premium Member

27th Nov 11 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tragic for the family, not for him
taylorboosh

27th Nov 11 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed... But rvery one seems to think anyone who commits suicide must be in a very dark place. This isnt always the case
JonnyJ

27th Nov 11 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d

A car crash is tragic

Suicide is stupidity

A good man, who brought joy to many is dead and a family have lost a huge part of thier life? That is tragic no matter how it happened. Again, we have no idea what was going through his head, how dark his world was, not a clue.

That said, I appreciate why people may have strong views on this, all I'll say is its incredibly hard to understand until its happened to you. The most unselfish, generous man I have ever known took his life. You can't just generalise every suicide under selfish and stupid.
JonnyJ

27th Nov 11 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Agreed... But rvery one seems to think anyone who commits suicide must be in a very dark place. This isnt always the case

Exactly so who are you, or any of us to judge him? We simply have no idea of his state of mind and we probably never will. So let's just concentrate on the fact a relatively young and talented man has died. Forget how it happened. It's sad and awful news.
cecil

27th Nov 11 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:

A car crash is tragic

Suicide is stupidity

A good man, who brought joy to many is dead and a family have lost a huge part of thier life? That is tragic no matter how it happened. Again, we have no idea what was going through his head, how dark his world was, not a clue.

That said, I appreciate why people may have strong views on this, all I'll say is its incredibly hard to understand until its happened to you. The most unselfish, generous man I have ever known took his life. You can't just generalise every suicide under selfish and stupid.

You have the same views as me mate, dont understand unless its happened to somebody close to u simple as that! ben just hyperthetical but if it was your mum or dad or a close person to you would you still have the same views? would that make them pricks?
Aaron

27th Nov 11 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking he'll Jonny, calm it. People are giving their opinion about a situation. They haven't said that what they're saying is fact, so, no one has the right to mute their opinion...not even you. It's obvious that you've had a bad experience with someone taking their own life, and you're clearly sensitive to some of the comments, but, that doesn't mean you can go throwing your weight around.
Aaron

27th Nov 11 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, and in my opinion, we should be more bothered about the latest UK soldier who has been killed in Afghanistan today, not an ex footballer.
taylorboosh

27th Nov 11 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think hes a prick i just think its stupud and the wrong choice... I bet themoment he jumped he thought wtf am i doing
bullock106xsi

27th Nov 11 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we all think its the wrong choice but it was obviously the only way he thought he could deal with what was bothering him. everyones different and deals with things in different ways.
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Nov 11 at 21:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I appreciate tensions are running high but can we keep it on topic for the feelings of all concerned, whatever their proximity to the situation.

A sad loss.

[Edited on 27-11-2011 by Ian]
JonnyJ

27th Nov 11 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
Fucking he'll Jonny, calm it. People are giving their opinion about a situation. They haven't said that what they're saying is fact, so, no one has the right to mute their opinion...not even you. It's obvious that you've had a bad experience with someone taking their own life, and you're clearly sensitive to some of the comments, but, that doesn't mean you can go throwing your weight around.

Point out where I'm throwing my weight around. I'm merely stressing we can't go jumping to conclusions and not doing the childish thing of calling a man who has recently died a prick, without knowing a single thing about his circumstances. Look through my replies and you'll see all I'm calling for is a bit of respect for a man who died today. I'm giving another perspective, that's all. I'm sure you'd do the same if you saw a post you disagreed with. If people are allowed to post thier opinions, which they are, why can't I post mine without being accused of throwing my weight around?

At no point have I told people to delete or remove what they have said, I've just tried to give them an insight from a different point of view, from someone who has experienced such a thing personally.

If I'd have come out with "shut up Ben you clueless fucktard" you'd probably have a point but I haven't. I just don't like seeing this generalisation of all suicides, every case is unique and I think we should remember that before jumping the gun and calling people selfish, stupid and pricks
taylorboosh

27th Nov 11 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is clearly one of the stupidest things you can do... your dead afterwards, intinct is meant to be for survival, you are ignoring your basic instincts... i really really dont know how people can do it
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Nov 11 at 21:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i really really dont know how people can do it
Which very clearly demonstrates that you've never been there.

May I again ask for some compassion in this particular thread.
taylorboosh

27th Nov 11 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

apologies.. did come in with the intension of posting a RIP
Danny P

27th Nov 11 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I'm honest I always think suicide is a bit of selfish way to go, totally unfair on the people you leave behind as they will probably feel some of responsibility for not seeing the problems and doing something to help. In saying that though, for someone to take their own life they must be a pretty dark place & feel they are unhelpable.

A tragic situation for all to be involved in.

RIP Gary
Aaron

27th Nov 11 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
I'm giving another perspective, that's all. I'm sure you'd do the same if you saw a post you disagreed with. If people are allowed to post thier opinions, which they are, why can't I post mine without being accused of throwing my weight around?

Its when you you (and many others) tell someone that they're opinion is wrong. That's what I have a problem with.
Hammer

27th Nov 11 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah and you having a problem is the crux of this thread Distinct lack of respect from a good few people that would never be so brash were they not behind a computer screen.

I'm of the general opinion that suicide is an extremely selfish act as well but I'm also not ignorant enough to understand there can be individual circumstances.

One of my best mates dad went into his brothers garage, which was a few doors along from my old house, to find his brother hanging from a rope in front of him. He had a wife, his work life was fine on the face of it and he had 2 young daughters that he loved. It came out later on he had gambling, drink and drug problems that very, very few people knew of and it ultimately became too much for him.

You can't label someone that sees no other option than to end it an 'utter prick' without knowing the facts, it says more about the person dishing out the abuse than it does about Gary Speed.

[Edited on 27-11-2011 by Hammer]
Jake

27th Nov 11 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think when/if the truth comes out about it all, there will be a lot of people feeling a bit stupid or suddendly have a change of opinion
Twiggy

27th Nov 11 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

R.I.P. Cant even think whats going on for someone to take there own life.

My mum serves his wife every week in Sainsburys.
taylorboosh

28th Nov 11 at 07:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol anyone else laugh at the rip speed for sale threads at the bottom

(not meant in disrespect)
Ben J

28th Nov 11 at 07:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its very sad, and I wish he'd given someone a chance to talk him out of it. Looks like one thought of suicide was enough. Such a waste.

But my view on suicide remains the same. It's a selfish act and is a cowards way out. A friend of mine had her brother jump in front of a train. I saw what it did to the family. It's over for the "victim" but the family has to deal with the aftermath.

He had a wife and kids. Did he not think of his kids?!

RIP Gary Speed

[Edited on 28-11-2011 by Ben J]
Ben J

28th Nov 11 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also can't believe the jokes are doing the rounds already.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » RIP Gary Speed 23 database queries in 0.0165601 seconds