corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Dog names

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dog names
taylorboosh

User status: Offline
3rd Jan 12 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Megatron.

if my child is a boy his middle name will be prime
taylorboosh

3rd Jan 12 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol and if your planning on letting it of its lead and shouting it back accross a field then DONT....

they dont come back
taylorboosh

3rd Jan 12 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also tzar was what our first male husky was called
Lynny

3rd Jan 12 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
lol and if your planning on letting it of its lead and shouting it back accross a field then DONT....

they dont come back

Depends on the dog and how it's trained. There's dogs of every breed that are better behaved than others.
Dave

3rd Jan 12 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whilst that is true, huskies are notorious for not coming back when let off the lead.
Ben G

3rd Jan 12 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sTaNcE
sc0ott

3rd Jan 12 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rick astley
Ben G

3rd Jan 12 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

meatspin
chloe16v

3rd Jan 12 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lynny
quote:

they dont come back

Depends on the dog and how it's trained. There's dogs of every breed that are better behaved than others.

omg i cant believe this statement, no matter how much training a husky has, it will never be safe to let off a lead!!!! maybe you should have read up more before buying the pup, but since you have bought it i would suggest reading up on this site, which is the breed club http://www.siberianhuskyclub.com/abouthuskies

i have 6 huskies and an alaskan malamute, all work in harness and none are ever let off lead! please please please for the dogs safety never let it off a lead!
taylorboosh

3rd Jan 12 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lynny my parents have had 6 now. they dont come back, they will chase everything and anything.... including horses
Lynny

3rd Jan 12 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Please don't speak to me like that, I've done plenty reading up. The breeder says they let theirs off all the time and that it's down to individual training. They have no problem with their 8 or 9 dogs.

I never actually stated that I'd be letting it off the lead, I've never let any of my dogs off the lead when I was out in public, it was merely disagreeing with the statement that no husky will return
chrisritch

3rd Jan 12 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chloe16v
quote:
quote:

they dont come back

omg i cant believe this statement, no matter how much training a husky has, it will never be safe to let off a lead!!!! maybe you should have read up more before buying the pup, but since you have bought it i would suggest reading up on this site, which is the breed club http://www.siberianhuskyclub.com/abouthuskies

i have 6 huskies and an alaskan malamute, all work in harness and none are ever let off lead! please please please for the dogs safety never let it off a lead!

Its a fucking dog. Im sure if it runs off and gets a kick up the arse it will soon learn. failing that let the dopey cunt run till it passes out from exhaustion

edited for quote fail

[Edited on 03-01-2012 by chrisritch]
chloe16v

3rd Jan 12 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well im sorry but they arnt decent breeders/owners like you state, why would anyone risk the life of their dog?
chloe16v

3rd Jan 12 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
quote:
quote:
quote:

they dont come back

Its a fucking dog. Im sure if it runs off and gets a kick up the arse it will soon learn. failing that let the dopey cunt run till it passes out from exhaustion

edited for quote fail

huskies can run miles in a day, if they run they dont stop and could be miles away in just 1 hour!
Dave

3rd Jan 12 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Let it run until it passes out from exhaustion? Good luck with that!
chrisritch

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
quote:
quote:
quote:

they dont come back

edited for quote fail

huskies can run miles in a day, if they run they dont stop and could be miles away in just 1 hour!

I'm sorry i don't beleive for one minute that no Husky will ever return to you.
Ben G

chloe odds on to be next rage quitter imo.
chrisritch

3rd Jan 12 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaDave
Let it run until it passes out from exhaustion? Good luck with that!

Was a joke
chrisritch

3rd Jan 12 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
chloe odds on to be next rage quitter imo.

She will bolt and never come back imo, No matter how much we call her.
chloe16v

3rd Jan 12 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from the breed club site

Not a one-man dog- any human will do- this may be seen as a lack of loyalty.
He will not guard your home or property.
Strong desire to run. If he gets free he will run so far he will be lost, if not hit by a car or train, or shot by a farmer.
Cannot be relied on to return to you on command. He will decide whether or not to return for himself, knowing that you cannot catch him.
Too independent and strong willed generally to be a candidate for obedience training/work.
Keen and efficient hunter and killer. Cannot be trusted with non-canine pets or livestock of any sort. On occasion been known to accept into the pack a cat that he is brought up with, but all others will be regarded as fair game. Please note - huskies have been known to kill cats, that they have lived happily with for many years, for no obvious reason.
Like any dog- must be exercised to keep him fit and contented, but this must be done ON lead.
Can be very destructive, especially when young and/or if left alone for a long time.
Needs company, either human or canine, and is miserable without it.
Needs a safely enclosed exercise area. Your garden must be fully fenced and secure. Six foot high fencing USUALLY enough. Check neighbours will not object to high fences. Take care he cannot dig his way out beneath it, and do not leave dustbins etc near the fence or he may use them to get over the top. Keep the garden gate locked, otherwise there is a risk that visitors, window cleaners etc may leave them open.
Your garden is unlikely to remain neat and tidy with a Sibe, rampaging happily within.
He needs correct feeding- breeders will be able to tell you which foods suit Sibes and which can cause problems.
Moults twice a year. The quantity of fur shed can surprise you, especially in spring when the winter coat is replaced by a shorter, thinner summer coat.
You need an understanding and experienced veterinary surgeon. Sibes are sensitive to some drugs, particularly anaesthetics, sedatives and tranquillisers. This is due to their relatively low metabolic rate and lack of body fat. Also the bulk of their fur can lead vets to overestimate their weight and so overdose them. Sibes should always be weighed accurately beforehand to avoid this.
Ben G

i bet chloe is kept on a lead incase she runs off with old men.
Ben G

anyway, rage quit sounds like a good name for a dog, very internet and current.
Jake

3rd Jan 12 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
from the breed club site

Not a one-man dog- any human will do- this may be seen as a lack of loyalty.
He will not guard your home or property.
Strong desire to run. If he gets free he will run so far he will be lost, if not hit by a car or train, or shot by a farmer.
Cannot be relied on to return to you on command. He will decide whether or not to return for himself, knowing that you cannot catch him.
Too independent and strong willed generally to be a candidate for obedience training/work.
Keen and efficient hunter and killer. Cannot be trusted with non-canine pets or livestock of any sort. On occasion been known to accept into the pack a cat that he is brought up with, but all others will be regarded as fair game. Please note - huskies have been known to kill cats, that they have lived happily with for many years, for no obvious reason.
Like any dog- must be exercised to keep him fit and contented, but this must be done ON lead.
Can be very destructive, especially when young and/or if left alone for a long time.
Needs company, either human or canine, and is miserable without it.
Needs a safely enclosed exercise area. Your garden must be fully fenced and secure. Six foot high fencing USUALLY enough. Check neighbours will not object to high fences. Take care he cannot dig his way out beneath it, and do not leave dustbins etc near the fence or he may use them to get over the top. Keep the garden gate locked, otherwise there is a risk that visitors, window cleaners etc may leave them open.
Your garden is unlikely to remain neat and tidy with a Sibe, rampaging happily within.
He needs correct feeding- breeders will be able to tell you which foods suit Sibes and which can cause problems.
Moults twice a year. The quantity of fur shed can surprise you, especially in spring when the winter coat is replaced by a shorter, thinner summer coat.
You need an understanding and experienced veterinary surgeon. Sibes are sensitive to some drugs, particularly anaesthetics, sedatives and tranquillisers. This is due to their relatively low metabolic rate and lack of body fat. Also the bulk of their fur can lead vets to overestimate their weight and so overdose them. Sibes should always be weighed accurately beforehand to avoid this.

what youre saying is they are the worst dogs you can get your hands on, and if they didnt look the way they did no one would have one

they sound like utter twats
Lynny

3rd Jan 12 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
lynny my parents have had 6 now. they dont come back, they will chase everything and anything.... including horses

Strange that, my mate has one and when she rides out on the horse it runs along side her the whole ride
Robbo

3rd Jan 12 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what jake said tbh cannot think of any reason why you would want one with all those caveats

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Dog names 22 database queries in 0.0160890 seconds