corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Roll Cages

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Roll Cages
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
19th Jan 12 at 17:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CC want £700+ for the same bits I think?
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
19th Jan 12 at 17:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

makes financial sense if i was buying that exact kit, and if he was local id certainly consider it
Ben G

19th Jan 12 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wickfords not far from me
Steve
Premium Member

19th Jan 12 at 17:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool, post it me for free
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

19th Jan 12 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When are you hoping to get it fitted? Surely you could find a lovely Essex man with the ability to get it to Combe in April?
Steve
Premium Member

19th Jan 12 at 17:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

end of feb probs

seems like a lot of faffing when i dont think that cage is going to give me much more apart from weight lol
Ian
Site Administrator

19th Jan 12 at 17:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you don't want it Steve that makes my decision even harder.

Although it has gone quite since Restell replied, not sure if he will have taken it.
Steve
Premium Member

19th Jan 12 at 17:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah whats in your favour is he posted the wrong number so that other geezer who was interested stands that he hasnt even got in contact

i think you better text or ring him asap tbh
smcGSI16V

19th Jan 12 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
seems like a lot of faffing when i dont think that cage is going to give me much more apart from weight lol

Trust me when I say you will notice a hell of a difference in the car.
Steve
Premium Member

19th Jan 12 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from this the cl4

to what ian linked

the only differences i can see are the doors are x beamed, and a couple more bars on the rear part

its only 100 quid more from CC so cant be that much diff lol

[Edited on 19-01-2012 by Steve]
smcGSI16V

19th Jan 12 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just getting a proper cage full stop. Not one of them mickey mouse half arsed rear only jobbies.

Just pick one and buy the bloody thing and stop fannying about you fanny.
Steve
Premium Member

19th Jan 12 at 18:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh i see thought you were on about the differences between the one ian posted and the one im getting

yeah hopefully
Steve
Premium Member

19th Jan 12 at 18:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PS if Rob B got on here more to his u2us i would probably have something by now
AK

19th Jan 12 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the car/body/chassis will be much tighter.

Its amazing the amount of flex in a non caged car....

Decent tyres and semi slicks on a non caged car prob means the chassis/body will be moving around
Ian
Site Administrator

19th Jan 12 at 18:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
the only differences i can see are the doors are x beamed, and a couple more bars on the rear part

Dash bar, roof diagonal, front strut tops, tunnel brace, B triangle, rear struts to the hoop and each other and an X in the back.

I can either pay my mortgage or buy some pipes. Decisions.
Steve
Premium Member

19th Jan 12 at 18:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just buy the thing fuck the house, at least you can live in the car for free
smcGSI16V

19th Jan 12 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can sleep in your car but cant drive your house.
Steve
Premium Member

19th Jan 12 at 18:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Step 1: find out if hes still got it, as there is your decision made for you if he hasnt, saves you the dilemma in the short term
Graham88

19th Jan 12 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ianofbhills
For your car Steve I would personally just go for the cheaper rear cage option.
At the end of the day you're not racing, you dont have to meet any requirements like FIA or msa regs etc and you're are only going to enter a few track days, use it on the road and probably over to germany for the nurburgring.
Taking it too seriously and spending your money on items that are not 100% totally necessary takes the fun out of it. I've said it before but i'd rather use the cash saved to actually spend on track time or consumables like tyres and fuel and improving your driver skill by time in the seat rather then improving the spec sheet.
It will still be safe enough with just the rear cage imo

I disagree completely. A cage is an item worth spending money on as if it ever needs to be used, if installed unsafely or using unsafe products it's more likely to kill you than save you. I've paid alot more than I wanted to for mine but a cheap cage really isn't worth spending out on. It will be 100% necessary if I was to roll over at 100mph+ even more so in Steve's car which is more like a tin can than a car
Steve
Premium Member

19th Jan 12 at 19:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what my Mrs calls it
Steve
Premium Member

19th Jan 12 at 19:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you messaged him yet ian?
Mr&MrsP
Premium Member

19th Jan 12 at 20:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
quote:
At the end of the day you're not racing, you dont have to meet any requirements like FIA or msa regs etc and you're are only going to enter a few track days, use it on the road and probably over to germany for the nurburgring.
Taking it too seriously and spending your money on items that are not 100% totally necessary takes the fun out of it. I've said it before but i'd rather use the cash saved to actually spend on track time or consumables like tyres and fuel and improving your driver skill by time in the seat rather then improving the spec sheet.

I disagree completely. A cage is an item worth spending money on as if it ever needs to be used, if installed unsafely or using unsafe products it's more likely to kill you than save you. I've paid alot more than I wanted to for mine but a cheap cage really isn't worth spending out on. It will be 100% necessary if I was to roll over at 100mph+ even more so in Steve's car which is more like a tin can than a car

Hi Steve, just ask Adam F if it's worth spending the money on a proper cage!!!
ianofbhills

19th Jan 12 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I'm not saying fit a mickey mouse show cage though.
Option 1 is not a cheap cage it is still a properly made item supplied by the same reputable company and constructed from exactly the same materials as the more expensive full cage. It would still have to be installed with the same methods as the full cage option and it wouldnt be any more dangerous and certainly a heck of a lot better then no cage at all.

Granted i agree it does not offer you the same level of protection as the full cage but you yourself have driven your current and previous cars on tracks/fast road/ring with no cage fitted as do many many other track day users its not a legal requirement to have one fitted its a choice you the driver has to make.
That half cage could always be added too and converted into a full cage at a later date perhaps when there is more money and when the car isnt getting used in the winter.

Its Steve's choice at the end of the day i was merely stating i would rather spend that cash on actually getting to use a car that has had little track time seeing as the season is getting closer and i personally would feel that a custom cages half cage would offer enough protection to allow me to do that.

[Edited on 19-01-2012 by ianofbhills]
Steve
Premium Member

19th Jan 12 at 20:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mr&MrsP
quote:
quote:

Hi Steve, just ask Adam F if it's worth spending the money on a proper cage!!!

lol what happened there then?
Ian
Site Administrator

19th Jan 12 at 20:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Have you messaged him yet ian?
No because if he says yes I can't go ahead.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Roll Cages 22 database queries in 0.0163519 seconds