corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » fuel tankers strike

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fuel tankers strike
James

User status: Offline
30th Mar 12 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
We'd all be better off refusing to buy fuel, its only the public losing out atm.

Must of been a great economy booster.

We should arrange one day of the year where everyone boycotts the big named petrol stations. That will show them!

Oh wait....
3CorsaMeal

30th Mar 12 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

deffo signing an online petition about this
andy_mk3

30th Mar 12 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just had to get someone's Zafira started after they ran out of fuel I work next to a garage, and they'd spent so long driving round to find somewhere with diesel they ran out as they got into the petrol station. So pushed it to where I work and cracked the injectors off, filled up the fuel filter and cranked until fuel was coming through, then eventually it fired up, he was extremely grateful
JordyCarter

30th Mar 12 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was in shell the other day in a village pretty quiet and had to wait for 15 mins ffs, some guy stood roof down and there filling up for fucking ages with his middle aged bitch in the passenger seat grr
Russ

30th Mar 12 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i don't see your point
Nic Barnes

30th Mar 12 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah im lost on the point of that one. Some bloke in a convertible with his wife wanted some fuel so got some fuel grrrr?
sc0ott

30th Mar 12 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think his point was even the quiet filling stations are busy. Not sure what the next part has got to do with it.
Twiggy

30th Mar 12 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The bitch should have cash out at the till ready
JordyCarter

30th Mar 12 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know either just looked over and was pissed off that he took so long.
Nic Barnes

30th Mar 12 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

off to find some v-power or tesco 99 stuff. don't think i will as reports are not that good in carlisle.
dannymccann

30th Mar 12 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Completely dry in Lincoln now, bike needs petrol but car has 3/4 diesel left ATM
VegasPhil
Premium Member

30th Mar 12 at 18:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I filled up when Igot down to the light as usual. Unfortunately all of the local stations had none so I had to find a rural station 10 miles out of the way I knew the retards wouldn't go to.

I wish the government would spread a few rumours about the mortgage market so people would panic buy houses

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Ben G

30th Mar 12 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
listen here you lovely northern man, if it's nice weather at the weekend and i want to mince around, how am i going to do so in a 1.25 fiesta with a roof?

By using the 3/4s of a tank you already had in your Z4 before pointlessly topping it up

what if i wanted to use a full tank but couldn't as all the garages had run dry/had massive hour long queues?

apologies for spending my money on something i enjoy can't do no right on here save money, people call you tight. spend money, people call you billy flash cunt.
jrdn7

30th Mar 12 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Come over to Ireland lads, we've plenty of petrol!

Though you'll have to re-mortgage your house cause it's dear shit over here! Over €1.65 now!!
sand-eel

30th Mar 12 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is quite funny how loads of people call others fannys/twats etc for panic buying when they are trying to get fuel as well
I was on the fuel light yesterday sat at tescos for 20 seconds thought "fuck this" went to another petrol station just down the road which is 5p/l more expensive and there was 2 cars there
£45 later just over half a tank
Usually put £20 a week in but thought £45 this time as there may be no fuel left next time...
Since I thought ahead and can't tell the future I'm am now offically a panic buying wanker!
sand-eel

30th Mar 12 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jrdn7

Though you'll have to re-mortgage your house cause it's dear shit over here! Over €1.65 now!!

TBH converted to pounds that pretty exactly the same here.
jonnieboy

30th Mar 12 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

That works out at £1.37 according to google, which is about the same as it is over here
VegasPhil
Premium Member

30th Mar 12 at 18:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
It is quite funny how loads of people call others fannys/twats etc for panic buying when they are trying to get fuel as well
I was on the fuel light yesterday sat at tescos for 20 seconds thought "fuck this" went to another petrol station just down the road which is 5p/l more expensive and there was 2 cars there
£45 later just over half a tank
Usually put £20 a week in but thought £45 this time as there may be no fuel left next time...
Since I thought ahead and can't tell the future I'm am now offically a panic buying wanker!

But you were buying within your normal habits because you turned up when the light was on. I only tank my car and I always run it into the light. It's the idiots reading bbc news and rushing out to top up causing these problems.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Nic Barnes

30th Mar 12 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got fuel no dramas.
JaffaTB

30th Mar 12 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jonnieboy
quote:

That works out at £1.37 according to google, which is about the same as it is over here

£1.37 is cheap! its £1.44 here!
scottyp1989

30th Mar 12 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went to put some in yesterday like i do every thursday but ques were to long so went on the way back from my moms about half 11 last night and there was no one there
DanCobb

30th Mar 12 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No fuel in esso . Plenty in tesco though
Jambo

30th Mar 12 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Conspiracy theory is a bit flawed. It will have a detrimental effect on the economy if folk can't get to work/call in sick/take holiday/ can't run their business. Oh and I had to fill up Mrs Jambo's tank early because she has a week of treatment ahead and 20m round trips to be done every day. Anyone has a problem with this can suck my fucking dong.

Nothing more than a bonus for them IMO, but then the handling of the event has probably lost them votes in the long run so counter productive for 30m. Which tbh in grand scheme of it is not THAT much extra revenue.

Oh and I'd like to throw in an extra for the woman who decided decanting petrol in her kitchen not only where you process food, oh no. But by a naked flame. What a fucking moron.
Dave

30th Mar 12 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reports suggest she was pouring it from a petrol can into a glass jug, the vapour ignited first which caused her to drop the jug, then that went up too. Thats Darwen award stupidity, although it seems she will live.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
30th Mar 12 at 21:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If she's stupid enough to sit in a queue for no reason, she's stupid enough to set herself on fire dealing with it.

Must be a bit annoying for her that's she's now deformed and it was for no reason.

Went to my local place today, drove straight on to a pump and filled up because I was away dropping off and picking up some parts.

No queue, no limit to what I could buy, no 40% burns to my body.

[Edited on 30-03-2012 by Ian]

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » fuel tankers strike 23 database queries in 0.0144839 seconds