corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Facebook debate

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Facebook debate
Nath

User status: Offline
18th Apr 12 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt L
quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Blimey. Never thought about this tbh. But, when my last relationship ended I just removed my status entirely so nobody came back with, 'mate hope youre, here if you need to chat'

exactly why i got rid of mine will do the same if it goes tits up with laura

Glad its not just me!
Joe

18th Apr 12 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Facebook is shit anyway. World would be better without
Nath

18th Apr 12 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe

Deleted mine a couple of months back as I was always on it for no actual reason or purpose. Not missing it either.
Lawrah
Premium Member

18th Apr 12 at 12:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What games are being played? Ive missed that part.
Nath

18th Apr 12 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lawrah
What games are being played? Ive missed that part.

Farmville.
Gary
Premium Member

18th Apr 12 at 12:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
Lawrah
Premium Member

18th Apr 12 at 12:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody hate that, and the Jewell one!
Nath

18th Apr 12 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Bloody hate that, and the Jewell one!

So much shit had to be blocked on FB it was starting to take the piss.
Dom

18th Apr 12 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got game requests disabled on mine as there is always the few twats that feel the need to invite everyone to some bullshit game or app

quote:
I get it, You are wondering why someone isnt changing their status to 'in a relationship' when they clearly are, thus leaving everyone think they are still fancy free?

So what if 'everyone else' thinks you're still free and single? Unless the other half had an issue with it then, as said before, who the fuck cares?

And if you're the eejit worrying over someone else's relationship status then clearly you have far too much free time on your hands
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
18th Apr 12 at 12:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lets not overplay how much I'm worried about this, its taken up a few hours of my entire life, that's not big in percentage terms.

I've got another one, the people who are in relationships on but single on Facebook, if they go to a traffic light party, what colour is their sticker?
Whittie

18th Apr 12 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you on crack of late?
Lawrah
Premium Member

18th Apr 12 at 13:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
Got game requests disabled on mine as there is always the few twats that feel the need to invite everyone to some bullshit game or app

quote:
I get it, You are wondering why someone isnt changing their status to 'in a relationship' when they clearly are, thus leaving everyone think they are still fancy free?

So what if 'everyone else' thinks you're still free and single? Unless the other half had an issue with it then, as said before, who the fuck cares?

And if you're the eejit worrying over someone else's relationship status then clearly you have far too much free time on your hands

Its not about everyone else, its about your other half at home sitting wondering 'why are they showing everyone else they are single' 'are they ashamed of me' 'do they not want to be with me' and on it goes.
sc0ott

18th Apr 12 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just dont go on fb for a few hours, that way if youre asked why you havent changed your status you could say you havent been on in a while. A few hours will feel like a few weeks to a fb junkie
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Apr 12 at 13:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Its not about everyone else, its about your other half at home sitting wondering 'why are they showing everyone else they are single' 'are they ashamed of me' 'do they not want to be with me' and on it goes.

That's not really it for me, my three angles are - why am I telling people I'm single when I'm not, is that not a mixed signal. Why is FB different to real life and would I reply with the same answer in a bar. And a bit of what are the boys thinking about her, they may get more of a hook than if she was clear.

I just think if people are in them, they are in them. It absolutely wouldn't be acceptable to be in one and tell people you weren't, no one would endorse that, but somehow because it's Facebook, it becomes OK to effectively lie. And its the gravity of the lie, in a transactional situation like that it's the lead-in to PMs, chat, etc. etc.

But yeah, I'm on drugs right enough.
3CorsaMeal

18th Apr 12 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha, shame you have no power on facebook Ian, your a mere mortal on there.

Whittie

18th Apr 12 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just sit back and don't take it so seriously, its no biggie.

Imo, the bird is the one that requests the relationship shit, when she does, accept it. Sorted.
Lawrah
Premium Member

18th Apr 12 at 13:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:

That's not really it for me, my three angles are - why am I telling people I'm single when I'm not, is that not a mixed signal. Why is FB different to real life and would I reply with the same answer in a bar. And a bit of what are the boys thinking about her, they may get more of a hook than if she was clear.

I just think if people are in them, they are in them. It absolutely wouldn't be acceptable to be in one and tell people you weren't, no one would endorse that, but somehow because it's Facebook, it becomes OK to effectively lie. And its the gravity of the lie, in a transactional situation like that it's the lead-in to PMs, chat, etc. etc.

But yeah, I'm on drugs right enough.

I don't really get why you would tell people you were single when you wernt,unless yovue been in a relationship a long time and dont really give a fuck and looking for new fanny. Like married men who remove their wedding ring when out, but they say its not to pull? Dont get that either.

I think as a couple you can decide if you want to 'make it official' on facebook.

And again if you know they are lying and are telling other people they are single, I would address that with said person.
JonnyJ

18th Apr 12 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
So does your girlfriend tell people in bars that she's single?

But by this token, if were saying we have to let everyone on the internet know we are taken, we should expect to go out with signs round our neck also stating we are taken. That's if we're not separating the internet from real life.

What's the difference from not having it online but telling people you are taken when they ask and not having a sign round your neck on a night out and telling people you are taken when they ask?

A sign is obviously a stupid idea but we would all be wearing some kind of identifier like a ring when seeing a lass. Which is silly. As silly as getting wound up if your partner doesn't have a relationship thing on fb.
Joe

18th Apr 12 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are we ever gona find out the true meaning of this thread?
Whittie

18th Apr 12 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe

Middle of page 1 mate.

Graham88
Ian are you drunk?

Ian
Very much so. And anyone who says they can't type while absolutely twatted is talking rubbish.
Fro

18th Apr 12 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone tried to do that on Dragons den JJ. Got shot down iirc.

edit: was to show who's single.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmOey25Jbyo

[Edited on 18-04-2012 by Fro]
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Apr 12 at 14:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
quote:
Originally posted by Joe

Middle of page 1 mate.

Graham88
Ian are you drunk?

Ian
Very much so. And anyone who says they can't type while absolutely twatted is talking rubbish.

I wasn't drunk when I thought about it nor when I made the thread.

[Edited on 18-04-2012 by Ian]
JonnyJ

18th Apr 12 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe

Tend to agree, its pretty annoying at times, but i dont actually use facebook how most do. I very rarely update my "Status" and i think i've changed my profile pic twice in over a year.

Its quite useful though for me, i use it like a mini forum between me and a set of mates. We go to a lot of football matches and its handy to organise them, much easier than phoning or text. I can just set up a group convo/new group, put the details down, then people can check and say what they think. I can also update it really easily and people get a notification so they can keep track of what we are doing. Everyone checks facebook every day so its ideal.

I'm also a nosey fucker too and i find it interesting watching the weird folk i have on there. Theres people i wouldnt talk to in real life but its quite funny watching as they lurch from one disaster to the next. Its like looking at a car crash, you know you shouldnt look but its near impossible to resist.
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Apr 12 at 15:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use it for the useful stuff as well, I think it would be short sighted to say that it's not at all useful. The games and bollocks like that are annoying but I would certainly miss some of the functionality if I left.
Liam-Wilko

18th Apr 12 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have face book my relationship status is engaged as i am and i have been with my missus for like 2.5 year.

i only really use facebook to sell things now as its free and it may as well be called sellbook not facebook as there is alsorts getting sold now

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Facebook debate 22 database queries in 0.0108671 seconds