corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Girl who died completing London marathon

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Girl who died completing London marathon
Ben G

User status: Offline
23rd Apr 12 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's nothing to do with attention.

i showed my other half the donation page and she called it ''pity money''. a lot of blokes in work also agreed.

it's a nice thing to do, but would they have done it if they didn't get to update their facebook status and tell their friends about how kind and selfless they are?
Stuart H

23rd Apr 12 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I donated and I don't have Facebook if that helps. Plus I ain't going to tell everyone about it. Apart from in here of course.
Ben G

23rd Apr 12 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

of course there are some decent people in the world like yourself.

it's just an opinion of course, i'm not saying it's right or wrong to give money or anything.
Hammer

23rd Apr 12 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by emicen
quote:
Originally posted by SetH
Only on CS can people be such cynical old cunts

There will be cunts on forums across the net acting harsh to get the arguement and attention out of it.

100% this.

It is the polar opposite of cynical old cunts, it is immature little losers seeking attention on the internet to look cool.
Ben G

23rd Apr 12 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what about you and john preaching your views on tattoo's all the time? or is that different because you are hard in real life aswell?
Lawrah
Premium Member

23rd Apr 12 at 23:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

about as hard as a doughnut.
Graham88

24th Apr 12 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest I donated but afterwards I wish I'd donated towards whatever charity helps people with the way she died.
Russ

24th Apr 12 at 06:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eh? I don't think there's a long distance runners benevolent fund
Steve
Premium Member

24th Apr 12 at 07:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probably a cardiac arrest fund or something which could be why she died she wont have died just from going on a run
Nath

24th Apr 12 at 07:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
probably a cardiac arrest fund or something which could be why she died she wont have died just from going on a run

Internet mechanic and internet doctor. You're wasted working for a council mate.
Steve
Premium Member

24th Apr 12 at 07:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In fact the more i think about it the more im surprised noone has setup something for people to donate towards her cause of death.

wtf good is chucking money at the samaritans going to achieve, its not going to help her family, its not going to please the girl as shes dead the only benefactor will be the samaritans!

dont tell me about this it means she didnt die in vain bullshit, she obviously died of some medical reason my guess is perhaps something like happened to muamba, not dying in vain would be to raise money to help research her cause of death to stop it happening to someone else, not throwing money at some charity that will just get swallowed up and forgotten about next week.

fucking emotional bandwagons
Russ

24th Apr 12 at 07:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the samartians do a good job though..
Gary
Premium Member

24th Apr 12 at 07:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree with steve. Its now 'cool' to jump on these bandwagons now, there will be bookface status' sbout how they've donated allover the place now.

Also I bet 90% of these people who have donated have no idea what the samaritans do!
AndyKent

24th Apr 12 at 07:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not quite sure why anyone on here is complaining.

If you donated then good for you, you donated to charity.
If you didn't, why not look on the positive side and realise that its a good thing that people out there are kind enough to give anything whatever reason they have.

Nice to see a positive news story for once rather than all this economy crashing down around us bollocks.
Hammer

24th Apr 12 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
what about you and john preaching your views on tattoo's all the time? or is that different because you are hard in real life aswell?

Nice comparison
Wayne

24th Apr 12 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£259,443.25
Fonz
Premium Member

24th Apr 12 at 08:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
....not dying in vain would be to raise money to help research her cause of death to stop it happening to someone else, not throwing money at some charity that will just get swallowed up and forgotten about next week.

The Samaritans have said that they will set up a specific fund in her name in recognition so i wouldn't say "forgotten about next week" - out of the media yes but not forgotten
Nismo

24th Apr 12 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some low blows in here.

And some internet warriors to the max.
Nismo

24th Apr 12 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2133663/Claire-Squires-JustGiving-London-Marathon-2012-death-girl-ran-Samaritans-memory-brother.html

Brother died of an OD after seeing his girlfriend Heidi Richardson killed in a horrific car crash that he survived.
3CorsaMeal

24th Apr 12 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsasport strikes again.

Loads of mental people on here
Jakey
Premium Member

24th Apr 12 at 08:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's going up about £750-£1000 a minute
Steve
Premium Member

24th Apr 12 at 08:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fonz
quote:
....not dying in vain would be to raise money to help research her cause of death to stop it happening to someone else, not throwing money at some charity that will just get swallowed up and forgotten about next week.

The Samaritans have said that they will set up a specific fund in her name in recognition so i wouldn't say "forgotten about next week" - out of the media yes but not forgotten

what does that mean? does that mean they will be giving a portion or most of the money into a charity behind her death? or keeping the money and putting it in an account with a fancy name?
pow
Premium Member

24th Apr 12 at 08:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TWO HUNDRED AND NINETY THOUSAND POUNDS!?!

Wow.
ed

24th Apr 12 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Fonz
quote:

what does that mean? does that mean they will be giving a portion or most of the money into a charity behind her death? or keeping the money and putting it in an account with a fancy name?

Are you just as angry at Fabrice Muamba?
3CorsaMeal

24th Apr 12 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dying is such a good PR stunt

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Girl who died completing London marathon 22 database queries in 0.0213749 seconds