corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Sparshatts Group Any One Used Them

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sparshatts Group Any One Used Them
andys sxi
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Jan 13 at 21:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How come you want 1 with so many Low miles? I was gonna say a3 but you probably stubble to get one with that low miles

April 08 feature car
SXI - Matt

2nd Jan 13 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In honesty I'm not sure but I've always gone for low mileage if I can, guess I want to try and keep the value the best I can so when I do sell it on it won't have a ridiculous amount of miles on.

I did look at an a3 but I'd want an s line one and your looking at the 80k + mark mileage wise for my budget.

VrsTurbo
Premium Member

2nd Jan 13 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

R26
SXI - Matt

2nd Jan 13 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
R26

don't tempt me, if I could have some think along them lines I'd be all over it, my mileage could triple next week or drop to 5 miles each way due to work moving people around the area a lot

Deff going for a diesel with a remap can be really good performance and good MPG, just want to be sure I've got the best value for money, and haven't missed a car that would of been a better buy
SXI - Matt

3rd Jan 13 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok so found this one which is exactly what I was after, newer then I thought I'd be able to get in fact. Was originally staying away from black although I think they look the best there a badger to keep clean, however this seems to good to turn down.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201211304463810/usedcars?logcode=visc

Put a deposit down this morning and going to look & providing all is fine shall be bringing it home at the weekend, 2 years warranty to so I can sleep at night over the gear box issues

Only question is what's the difference between the SRI+ & a normal SRI

[Edited on 03-01-2013 by SXI - Matt]
Beato

3rd Jan 13 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one, enjoy the torquez!
corsa-sxi

3rd Jan 13 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like a really good price
CORSA NUT

3rd Jan 13 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome agreed on the price too especially with a 2 year warranty
noshua

3rd Jan 13 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much was the warranty? If it's still available I want one that's at Evans as well.
SXI - Matt

4th Jan 13 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The warrenty I got down to £299 for 2 years. it was meant to be £499 but there was no way I'd pay full price.

Thankfully I know some guy's in sales so no they cant go lower with out making a loss. This sales men wasn't wanting to make even a £20 loss so £299 it is. Which I'm more then happy with for piece of mind.

Looks like it'll be Wednesday before I can pick it up, needs 2 alloys refurbing then it's good to go
SXI - Matt

4th Jan 13 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by noshua
How much was the warranty? If it's still available I want one that's at Evans as well.

I'd definitely shop around, this is nearly 3 hours away from me but by far the best I can find. That one posted earlier in the thread from a different Evans Halshaw think you might of been looking at it as well is only £200 less yet older with double the mileage. I go national on searches and then just except the travelling.

Stupidly I've never managed to buy a car near me I had to drive 4 hours for a bloody Corsa C SRI a few years ago. I like the drive back to enjoy and get used to the new car. Plus try and make a day out of it although I'll need to pick this up in the evening.

First purchase from a Garage to, be nice to have the piece of mind with it, quick question regarding warrenty. If I was to say fit Eibachs it would void the warranty on the suspension but would it void it on any other part? Or does it void it all together
noshua

9th Jan 13 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I read on AoC that it just voids the suspension, I'd phone them and double check though.

£299 is a bargain for piece of mind, almost everywhere I read said Network Q was the only warranty actually worth buying.

I know what you mean about being fussy and picking the right car, my corsa was a 6 hour drive (no traffic), me and my dad did it in really bad snow 3 years in Feb though so it was worth it

So, you picked it up yet?
cunningham

9th Jan 13 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was sure Eibachs were an approved supplier for VX cars?
SXI - Matt

10th Jan 13 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I think I read on AoC that it just voids the suspension, I'd phone them and double check though.

£299 is a bargain for piece of mind, almost everywhere I read said Network Q was the only warranty actually worth buying.

I know what you mean about being fussy and picking the right car, my corsa was a 6 hour drive (no traffic), me and my dad did it in really bad snow 3 years in Feb though so it was worth it

That's good to hear then was wondering how good it'll be, definitely worth it for 2 years piece of mind

glad I'm not the only one who drives ridiculous miles for them then haha

Train is booked for Friday 3 hours and 4 changes and ill be there just hoping its as good as I want and they have said

[Edited on 10-01-2013 by SXI - Matt]
SXI - Matt

10th Jan 13 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cunningham

Yeah I thought this to will find out Friday
SXI - Matt

10th Jan 13 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

This garage is Evans Halshaw Ford so not sure what difference that makes, believe the warranty is through them selves, either way in the T&C gearbox ect are covered and no obvious dodgy ways out of stuff seems to be in there

[Edited on 10-01-2013 by SXI - Matt]
big eck

10th Jan 13 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXI - Matt
quote:
Originally posted by cunningham

Yeah I thought this to will find out Friday

I know they are for ford. Never heard about Vauxhalls tho.
SXI - Matt

11th Jan 13 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sooo.... I'm home and with out the car, slightly pissed off would about some it up...

Got there after 3 hours and 4 trains to find what I believe to be an ex Lloyds lease car which at first wasn't a major problem, but add on top small marks stone chips and scratches top to bottom of the car and a big scrape on the rear bumper and an engine bay that looks like it had done over 100k sure there were a small family of birds living in there by the amount of leaves twigs ect. The interior was fairly mucky to really disappointed as they new I had a air distance to travel and was told numerous times its excellent condition ect ect

Considering Evans Halshaw are a big company and the car is only 3 years old I wasn't expecting it like that. On the other side they are really nice cars just now need to find one local and I'm genuinely good condition

So back home having been on 9 trains in total and 7 hours travelling loooong day

[Edited on 11-01-2013 by SXI - Matt]
NovaGTE2

11th Jan 13 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats terrible! Hope you got your deposit back and they compensated you for your travel!!

[Edited on 11-01-2013 by NovaGTE2]
John

11th Jan 13 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's exactly the reason I wouldn't travel for a car. Absolutely everyone is a liar.
SXI - Matt

11th Jan 13 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah got my deposit back, they tried every think to get me to leave with it, full tank of diesel bumper 'touched up by the local paint man' all that kind of stuff, politely told them not to waste any more of my time and left.

John definitely not traveling more then an hour next time, if you can trust a main dealer then there's no hope. Shame really as potentialy would of been a good buy
AndyCorsaSport

11th Jan 13 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought the gf's old corsa from Evans halshaw. Was a complete joke.

alan t

11th Jan 13 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work for evans halshaw and to be honest I wouldnt buy a car from them either
Kano

12th Jan 13 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pic of mine I had a couple years ago. It had a DTUK box on it eibach sportlines and was immaculate didn't have a single mark on it.

It shat its gearbox at 20k miles and had a new one under warranty from Vauxhall. Sold it as soon as I got it back.

big eck

12th Jan 13 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't be put off traveling far for the right car. I've only bought one car that's been localish to me. The rest have been 150+ miles away. The saving I made were worth the extra effort.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Sparshatts Group Any One Used Them 23 database queries in 0.0168090 seconds