corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Receptionist / nurse commits suicide over DJ prank - this is gonna get messy fast

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Receptionist / nurse commits suicide over DJ prank - this is gonna get messy fast
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Dec 12 at 08:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First women who answered was foreign. Probably an illegal and realised she would be sent home and probably killed in her own country. This is less surprising
sc0ott

8th Dec 12 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Radio station is refusing to sack the DJs.

Too bloody right.
3CorsaMeal

8th Dec 12 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She is just very good at self discipline.
mattk

8th Dec 12 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Perfect example of the great british bandwagon, when I heard it on the radio I stopped what I was doing to listen to it. its tragic that she has killed her self. The reason why isnt important
whitter45

8th Dec 12 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What Is strange is how the NHS have not found it strange that a nurse looking after people's welfare decides to kill herself over a prank call

Surely that says a lot about staff welfare and state of mind. I would be more concerned that staff are in that mental state looking after people rather than a stupid prank phone call

[Edited on 08-12-2012 by whitter45]
Darren

9th Dec 12 at 03:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
What Is strange is how the NHS have not found it strange that a nurse looking after people's welfare decides to kill herself over a prank call

Surely that says a lot about staff welfare and state of mind. I would be more concerned that staff are in that mental state looking after people rather than a stupid prank phone call

Think it was a private hospital, so nothing to do with the NHS
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

9th Dec 12 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45

maybe something to do with her "mistake" splashed on every newspaper across the world
i know i would be mortified, i wouldnt go to those lengths tho i'd prob move to spain or something
Steve
Premium Member

9th Dec 12 at 11:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so really the media should be blamed then not these DJ's
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

9th Dec 12 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Technically radio is part of media. Make people's lives a misery I'd hate to be famous and have them intruding in my life
Steve
Premium Member

9th Dec 12 at 15:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Granted.

But why is the focus on these two DJ's and none on the papers that spashed this story about just to make money. When for all intents and purposes it could solely be down to this media coverage.

No stories, no death, cant blame that on the DJ's
Gaz

9th Dec 12 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the DJ made no money doing this steve? they did it in works time to get popular via their station...
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Dec 12 at 16:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want blame then first and foremost, the person who took their own life.

Secondary to that -

The DJs - sure the prank caused it all but really, that's all it was. I haven't listened to it because I find things like that unfunny and cringy, but that's all it was. There's a market for it and people will listen to things like that. And they're employed to make radio that people will listen to.

The hospital have undoubtedly failed firstly to train people for such an thing happening and secondly for dealing with it well enough so although the staff (quite rightly) get bollocked for the glaring data protection breach, but that they're not scapegoated to such a degree that they themselves feel personally responsible.

The hospital staff should haven taken a lot more of the initial wrap for it. Its something that could have been anticipated, they knew she was staying, they knew she was high profile, crucially for me they also knew that she has staff and protocol for things like telephone calls and visits. The Queen simply wouldn't rock up at the door expecting a visit and she simply wouldn't drop a quick call in asking for her condition. They could have liaised with the Palace and established the protocol for calls, and that would immediately have reduced the opportunity for a prank to virtually zero.

The staff themselves dealing with sensitive personal data on a daily basis - probably could have done more. Although they're busy and I'm sure in healthcare, while DP issues are important, its not the most important part of being a nurse. I do think it would be difficult to get another job, but if you can't survive in the a modern job, perhaps its time to go for a career where you're not exposed to such large situations.

And finally the media who are most interested in selling papers and air time. Sure its a big story but it would have blown over a lot quicker had it not escalated.

All very sad. Whatever the outcome, that wasn't the answer.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Dec 12 at 16:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gaz
the DJ made no money doing this steve? they did it in works time to get popular via their station...

What are you talking about
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Dec 12 at 16:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You said the newspapers were making money, Gaz was just saying that the DJs did too.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Dec 12 at 16:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, both did it for a quick buck, however one probably had more of an influence in her killing herself than the other, yet the other is the one thats persercuted.

This all comes about because of facebook wankers that keep liking these stories on Facebook about soldiers being made to pay for luggage to be handled on an aircraft etc, these majority idiots are the ones making an outcry about all this

[Edited on 09-12-2012 by Steve]
Nismo

10th Dec 12 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The DJ's have done an interview, They are pretty cut up.
Steve
Premium Member

10th Dec 12 at 09:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Imagine the irony if they killed themselves because of this backlash
3CorsaMeal

10th Dec 12 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People are too emo these days, fcuking goths
Gary
Premium Member

10th Dec 12 at 10:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
People are too emo these days, fcuking goths

True dat
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

10th Dec 12 at 11:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's only one person to blame and that's the person who breached the data protection act and killed herself. Yes there was fuel poured on the fire but she's the one that lit it. People just look for blame where there is none nowadays, the DJs where doing their job, trying to entertain listeners, fully expecting to be hung up on due to their admittedly shit impersonations. The media was doing their job, reporting a story, she's the one that made it a story by not following protocol and passing some DJs over to another nurse basically giving her the ok to hand out information.

The suicide could be down to her culture, I can't remember her name but I know it wasn't a typical British name so it could have been a cultural reaction if she'd been concidered to have brought shame on the family or something, but still, it's her actions that caused that.
RichR
Premium Member

10th Dec 12 at 12:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She didn't breach data protection though, she just put the call through - second nurse gave out the information
3CorsaMeal

10th Dec 12 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It blatantly the 2nd nurse gone ape shit at the 1st nurse.

I've still not heard an official suicide report, just found dead and no suspicious circumstances
LeeM

10th Dec 12 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i genuinly dont think the dj's should be held at fault here. it was so obviously a prank and even they were surprised to be put through to anyone, and then it sounds like they ramped it up a bit more to make it even more obvious.
evilrob
Premium Member

10th Dec 12 at 12:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rob_Quads

10th Dec 12 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like the DJs might fall foul of a few laws as they broadcast the footage without getting permission. The radio station claim they 'tried' to get permissions but some laywers are saying as it was not declared on the call that it was being recorded they had no right to broadcast it

not sure of the exact aussie laws but its a technicality they might trip up on.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Receptionist / nurse commits suicide over DJ prank - this is gonna get messy fast 22 database queries in 0.0157590 seconds