corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Left a deposit on my new BMW - Now Slight Change on P2! - Picked up P3

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Left a deposit on my new BMW - Now Slight Change on P2! - Picked up P3
Colin

User status: Offline
6th Jan 13 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks very noice. Is that Peter vardy Edinburgh BMW?

Can't beat buying a car on the other side of the country and having a good 6hrs-ish test drive to play with and test it out!!
Kyle T
Premium Member

6th Jan 13 at 21:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Can't beat buying a car on the other side of the country and having a good 6hrs-ish test drive to play with and test it out!!

Longest I did was 100 miles for my Impreza, was so much fun until the sliproad ended and I realised I'd be in stop and go traffic for 60 of those miles

Beemer looks nice, not "my thing" but they look smart for sure. Some of those roads look excellent too

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
j10E W

6th Jan 13 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

beautiful must be a great feeling picking up brand spanking bmw
CORSA NUT

6th Jan 13 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks amazing mate bet your made up!!

I'd get a decent detailer (or yourself) to give it some nice sealant. That way when you clean it the dirt will practically fall off. £300 well spent IMO.

Investing in a snow foam lance would be handy too.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

6th Jan 13 at 22:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What happened when you booted up behind someone on the motorway then? I bet you see a lot of brake lights in front of you.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Graham88

7th Jan 13 at 01:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's awesome, looks much better in your pictures, proper smart.
whitter45

7th Jan 13 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awesome matey

Exactly what I want next
NovaGTE2

7th Jan 13 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for all the comments; I do love that new car smell and feel. And the fact there is not a single mark or defect on the car is so nice as everything I have bought in the past I generally get cheap because its either been written off or needs something doing!

Colin - Yeah was Peter Vardy; possibley was the BMW dealership furthest from my home but was worth it!!

Got no real plans to change anything; dont really want to de-badge the rear as would look like a 316! The only things im thinking is maybe smoked or black 320d rear badge and a black front grill. But nothing anytime soon. The exhaust doesnt look that small in real life and cant see the point in changing something which is already brand new so will be staying.

Been looking for a detailer for the car to put a protection layer on it; but cant really see anyone locally but will see what I can find. Also think I need to invest in some new cleaning gear as I think this is something which will take up my lunch breaks regularly!!

[Edited on 07-01-2013 by NovaGTE2]
Ben J

7th Jan 13 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NovaGTE2
Thanks for all the comments; I do love that new car smell and feel. And the fact there is not a single mark or defect on the car is so nice as everything I have bought in the past I generally get cheap because its either been written off or needs something doing!

Colin - Yeah was Peter Vardy; possibley was the BMW dealership furthest from my home but was worth it!!

Got no real plans to change anything; dont really want to de-badge the rear as would look like a 316! The only things im thinking is maybe smoked or black 320d rear badge and a black front grill. But nothing anytime soon. The exhaust doesnt look that small in real life and cant see the point in changing something which is already brand new so will be staying.

Been looking for a detailer for the car to put a protection layer on it; but cant really see anyone locally but will see what I can find. Also think I need to invest in some new cleaning gear as I think this is something which will take up my lunch breaks regularly!!

Do the protection yourself mate.

Give it a decent wash, de-tar (although new there will be deposits of tar, glue, wax), clay, then polish, followed a by a coat or 2 or a decent wax. Job done. Then keep it maintained with a decent QD after washing then re-wax every few months.

Might be worth giving the upholstery a going over with a protectant too?

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/interior/gtechniq-i1-smart-fabric/prod_1094.html

Save you money and theres nothing better than detailing a brand new car. Still waiting for the decent weather to do mine.

[Edited on 07-01-2013 by Ben J]
nibnob21
Premium Member

7th Jan 13 at 10:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
...And the fact there is not a single mark or defect on the car is so nice...

That just makes it harder to take when you do start getting defects though lol. My girlfriend got a brand new Corsa about a year ago and was gutted when she started noticing small scuffs and scratchescaused by stones and other drivers etc...not to mention the £300 worth of damage someone caused to the rear wing and bumper by scratching and denting it and not leaving any insurance details.

MX5 Project Thread
CORSA NUT

7th Jan 13 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
quote:

Do the protection yourself mate.

Give it a decent wash, de-tar (although new there will be deposits of tar, glue, wax), clay, then polish, followed a by a coat or 2 or a decent wax. Job done. Then keep it maintained with a decent QD after washing then re-wax every few months.

Might be worth giving the upholstery a going over with a protectant too?

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/interior/gtechniq-i1-smart-fabric/prod_1094.html

Save you money and theres nothing better than detailing a brand new car. Still waiting for the decent weather to do mine.

[Edited on 07-01-2013 by Ben J]

Yeah easily done yourself especially on a new car. I personally wouldn't put wax on a white car though. A sealant like wolfs hard body would be ideal
Brett
Premium Member

7th Jan 13 at 12:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's wrong with wax on white cars?
Kyle T
Premium Member

7th Jan 13 at 12:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing wrong with it, synthetic products just tend to work better on colder colors such as white and silver with wax working better on deeper colour such as black and red.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

7th Jan 13 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks really nice.

you'll be well pissed when you spot your first mark/dent/stonechip though it's not a nice feeling.
Balling
Premium Member

7th Jan 13 at 12:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
it's not a nice feeling.
No!

Or the first time your missus comes home home and hands over the keys with that look on her face.

3CorsaMeal

7th Jan 13 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
it's not a nice feeling.
No!

Or the first time your missus comes home home and hands over the keys with that look on her face.

The "shagged a tramp in the back of it" look or the "scuffed a wheel on the kerb" look?
Ben G

7th Jan 13 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LeeM

7th Jan 13 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

looks good, in this pic if you cover the bottom half it looks very X5'ish (if ive got the right pic)
kennySRi

7th Jan 13 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks nice, bet you're well chuffed with it

Im all for a good car journey but if this was from a BMW dealership could they of not got it delivered to your local dealer lol? Or do they not do things like that?
NovaGTE2

7th Jan 13 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kennySRi
Im all for a good car journey but if this was from a BMW dealership could they of not got it delivered to your local dealer lol? Or do they not do things like that?

I could have ordered one from BMW locally but would have had to wait and would have cost more than this one did without adding the spec; they dont seem to be able to move cars around unless they are in the group; which Peter Vardy is Scotland only it seemed. They did offer delivery but was £250 and would have been one of there drivers driving it down; so would have had nearly 500 miles and 500 miles worth of dirt on it when I first got it which I didnt fancy Flights were only £40 each; bus and taxi the other side was £20 and they put a full tank in for me so only cost £100 and I got it brand new
Kyle T
Premium Member

7th Jan 13 at 13:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a few guys at work that have leased brand new cars and had them trailered to their house/workplace.

It's an occasion though to buy a new car, getting on a plane and driving all that way home makes it even better IMO

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
whitter45

7th Jan 13 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I could have ordered one from BMW locally but would have had to wait and would have cost more than this one did without adding the spec; they dont seem to be able to move cars around unless they are in the group; which Peter Vardy is Scotland only it seemed. They did offer delivery but was £250 and would have been one of there drivers driving it down; so would have had nearly 500 miles and 500 miles worth of dirt on it when I first got it which I didnt fancy Flights were only £40 each; bus and taxi the other side was £20 and they put a full tank in for me so only cost £100 and I got it brand new

yeah normally transport cars if part of the same group - each group is basically seen as a separte company with its own P&L etc so its of no interest to them to transport to a dealer outside their group

kennySRi

7th Jan 13 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

That's fair enough then, bet it was well worth the drive
3CorsaMeal

7th Jan 13 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the blue car you parked next to in those pics?
3CorsaMeal

7th Jan 13 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ford cougar?

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Left a deposit on my new BMW - Now Slight Change on P2! - Picked up P3 23 database queries in 0.0170150 seconds