corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Non-racism getting called racist - Rant

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Non-racism getting called racist - Rant
baza31

User status: Offline
13th Jan 13 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They do play racist card because its only reason they can clutch on to and still get away with it. I don't see what's wrong with been racist . Every individual has their own choice on their own decisions.
John

13th Jan 13 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Being racist is wrong because the colour of someone's skin isn't a very good reason for looking down on them

That is probably a bit complicated for you to comprehend.
Nath

13th Jan 13 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
They do play racist card because its only reason they can clutch on to and still get away with it. I don't see what's wrong with been racist . Every individual has their own choice on their own decisions.

Jesus
baza31

13th Jan 13 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Being racist is wrong because the colour of someone's skin isn't a very good reason for looking down on them

That is probably a bit complicated for you to comprehend.

Racism isn't just about the colour of someone's skin.
John

13th Jan 13 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It mainly is, I'm not getting dragged down though because you'll just run to Ian.
baza31

13th Jan 13 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It mainly is, I'm not getting dragged down though because you'll just run to Ian.

No it mainly isnt. Am not arguing either, just your statement was wrong ,which Isn't unusual
neil h

13th Jan 13 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

How about looking down on people because they are stupid?
John

13th Jan 13 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's completely ok with me.
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Jan 13 at 19:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
I thought John Barnes described it all pretty well on talksport this week tbh.

Interesting he talks about fringe cases exactly as I did but I got chastised for it.

Wonder whether the same people who disagreed with me will listen to the JB interview and come out against him for saying that fringe cases become difficult to discriminate.
Gary
Premium Member

13th Jan 13 at 19:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What happened to 'sticks and stones...'
Dr Pepper

13th Jan 13 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by neil h
So what is Dr Peppers stand point on a Pakistani lad I went to secondary school with wearing a T shirt with the Pakistan flag and the slogan 'Proud to be a Paki'?

I think secondary school pupils should wear school uniform and he shouldnt have been allowed to wear anything else.

But its certainly not an offensive or racist t shirt design imo ...its just in bad taste and will probably provoke a negative reaction from people who dont like pakistanis - I think its a stupid t shirt to wear basically.

Bazza - genuinely laughing out loud at your posts

[Edited on 13-01-2013 by Dr Pepper]
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Jan 13 at 19:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think he means he knew him from school, not that he turned up for school in it. But well done for avoiding having to answer.
Dr Pepper

13th Jan 13 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I think he means he knew him from school, not that he turned up for school in it. But well done for avoiding having to answer.

I didnt avoid it
Dr Pepper

13th Jan 13 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well done on having a forum which generates so many dumb posts ....might want to have a look at yourself as to why this happens so much.

You are quick to have a go at anyone who you see as fighting a minorities corner OR being overly PC.....yet you dont comment on something like bazzas post where he says he doesnt see what wrong with being racist
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Jan 13 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Again, not sure how general opinion held by some people is my problem.

If you mean this forum is less strictly moderated than other places so posts like that get through then yes, I'd agree with that. Go try and post half the stuff on OD anywhere on any other car forum and see where that gets you. Not sure where that means you're allowed to turn that in to me permitting or somehow promoting it. I think that's in the head of anyone saying it personally.

Take a look at myself? Yes I was in a job for 12 years in which I needed to tow the line and a lot of it is ridiculous, and now I'm no longer restricted in the same way.

Like I say, John Barnes made the same points I did, no one has criticised his web site.

Also re baza's posts - same policy as everything else - if it gets a complaint I'll deal. If you want to form an opinion on baza based on what he just said, go do that. I'm not moderating it just because it makes him look bad. That's on his head. Although I'm fairly sure he doesn't GAF what you or anyone else on here thinks of him.

Might register a pseudonym so I can contribute to threads like his without having the site brought in to it. Not relevant. The suggestion that it's more prevalent here than the UK as a whole is complete poppycock. Not sure the TalkSport interview would have been cancelled if CS didn't exist.

[Edited on 13-01-2013 by Ian]

[Edited on 13-01-2013 by Ian]
neil h

13th Jan 13 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
I think secondary school pupils should wear school uniform and he shouldnt have been allowed to wear anything else.

But its certainly not an offensive or racist t shirt design imo ...its just in bad taste and will probably provoke a negative reaction from people who dont like pakistanis - I think its a stupid t shirt to wear basically.

You said yourself that the word 'Paki' is synonymous with racist taunts. So on that basis is how can said T shirt not be an offensive/racist design.

Oh and for what its worth it was at school and he had it on underneath his school uniform.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

13th Jan 13 at 20:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Might register a pseudonym

you'll have to ban yourself
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Jan 13 at 20:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good job I run a lawless speakeasy with no rules.
Dr Pepper

13th Jan 13 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by neil h
quote:

You said yourself that the word 'Paki' is synonymous with racist taunts. So on that basis is how can said T shirt not be an offensive/racist design.

Oh and for what its worth it was at school and he had it on underneath his school uniform.

does this really need explaining - its so obvious

because that t shirt quite clearly isnt racist or abusive .. it is taking a racist taunt and saying the person wearing it is proud to be that - its like black people calling each other 'my nigger'... the word paki in itself is not racist .... the chances are it is being used in a racist way though when a white person uses it toward an asian.

it is however in bad taste, and likely to provoke people who are racist ...so its not a good idea to wear it ...especially at school where it should have been removed.
Cavey

13th Jan 13 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing said in this thread has been racist, just people being stupid. So what moderation should Ian have done? It's just been people giving their opinion. Whether right or wrong
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

13th Jan 13 at 20:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Good job I run a lawless speakeasy with no rules.

good job indeed
neil h

13th Jan 13 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So its all about context....

So it could be argued that in the context of the original post Griffiths comment wasn't racist (although potentially intended to be) on the basis the lad it was aimed at shrugged it off as banter.
Cavey

13th Jan 13 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty much what I said earlier. If could be argued either way, you can't tell context in text. So he's an idiot for doingit.
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Jan 13 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
in this country, and our culture it is a word that needed to be eradicated.

quote:
But its certainly not an offensive or racist t shirt design

I'd be keen to know how those two contradictory viewpoints can co-exist.
neil h

13th Jan 13 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
in this country, and our culture it is a word that needed to be eradicated.

quote:
But its certainly not an offensive or racist t shirt design

I'd be keen to know how those two contradictory viewpoints can co-exist.

Dam you Ian why did I not spot that one

I knew there had to be a contradiction in there somewhere.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Non-racism getting called racist - Rant 22 database queries in 0.0187829 seconds