corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Here we go, arm chairs everywhere

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Here we go, arm chairs everywhere
p

User status: Offline
20th May 13 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Fucking Arsenal

Congratulations, you've won the opportunity not to win the champs league for the 16th year in row

I was thinking those lines as well, 'congratulations, you've earned the right to be beaten by Barcelona'

We got some talent out on loan! Lukaku, De Bruyne, Courtois, hope to see them come back!!!
mwg

20th May 13 at 07:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Can somebody let me know when the 'man Chester' joke becomes funny.

Cheers in advance.

Probably around the same time St Totteringham becomes funny. We could be waiting a while

[Edited on 20-05-2013 by mwg]
mwg

20th May 13 at 07:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p
quote:
Fucking Arsenal

Congratulations, you've won the opportunity not to win the champs league for the 16th year in row

I was thinking those lines as well, 'congratulations, you've earned the right to be beaten by Barcelona'

We got some talent out on loan! Lukaku, De Bruyne, Courtois, hope to see them come back!!!

Lukaku has looked good all season. Chelsea would be daft to loan him out again.
Jamie Walby

20th May 13 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Fucking Arsenal

Don't see what the problem is? Celebrating getting the final spot into the biggest club competition at the expense of your biggest rivals, on the last day of the season, after being written off and miles off the pace only 2 months ago?

Whittie

20th May 13 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arsenal have done well this season, and credit to them after all the shit they had. Might actually be able to buy some decent players now and get to the last 16 this year!

Did anybody in North West get massively stuck in traffic after games yesterday? Was a joke.

Steve, how was your first game?
Nismo

20th May 13 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would say that Spurs threw the opportunity away when we were points clear, Arsenal did well to catch up.
Ben J

20th May 13 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Can somebody let me know when the 'man Chester' joke becomes funny.

Cheers in advance.

Probably around the same time St Totteringham becomes funny. We could be waiting a while

[Edited on 20-05-2013 by mwg]

St Totteringham Day isn't meant to be funny? Although this year it was a bit due to the nailbiter last day scenario.
Steve
Premium Member

20th May 13 at 12:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
Steve, how was your first game?

good m8, cant argue with ten goals.

The united away fans were awesome, didnt shut up the whole game and were mostly louder than the entire west brom contingency
Nath

20th May 13 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Otherwise known as 'home fans'
Steve
Premium Member

20th May 13 at 12:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol
Whittie

20th May 13 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been to many United games at OT, and usually you can hear people coughing every now and then rather than singing. Home fans are shite. The away fans obviously found their voice for Fergie going, bet he was pissed you didn't win

The best home fans in the league are by far Liverpool & Newcastle.
Steve
Premium Member

20th May 13 at 12:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

apparently the away fans are always noisy like that, and yeah are generally louder than the home fans at OT. Perhaps they are more hardcore because they are travelling.

would be awesome at OT if all fans were like that.

[Edited on 20-05-2013 by Steve]
mwg

20th May 13 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only place to be at Old Trafford is the Stretford End. That's where all the singing happens, top atmosphere and stand up for a lot of the game too. I only get tickets for there when I go.

The big stands along side the pitch have no atmosphere. I sat in there once and you felt like if you spoke you'd get the death stare off the people around you. It's weird, thousands and thousands of people all sat in near silence.
Steve
Premium Member

20th May 13 at 12:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mwg

20th May 13 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's the same at most grounds tbh, one section where people sing and the rest of the crowd are quiet. Apart from the away fans who are completely going off their tits from the moment they enter the stadium to the moment they leave
Ben J

20th May 13 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Been to many United games at OT, and usually you can hear people coughing every now and then rather than singing. Home fans are shite. The away fans obviously found their voice for Fergie going, bet he was pissed you didn't win

The best home fans in the league are by far Liverpool & Newcastle.

I've witnessed similar at OT. Not having a pop either as our home support is shit 9 times out of 10.

Our away support is awesome tho. But as said, its usually the hardcore who will travel, and are more likely to be vocal.
Ben J

20th May 13 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
The only place to be at Old Trafford is the Stretford End. That's where all the singing happens, top atmosphere and stand up for a lot of the game too. I only get tickets for there when I go.

The big stands along side the pitch have no atmosphere. I sat in there once and you felt like if you spoke you'd get the death stare off the people around you. It's weird, thousands and thousands of people all sat in near silence.

Like where my FIL and BIL sit. Couldn't believe it when I went. They are fucking fanny's anyway. I keep telling them to go to an away game but they won't go out of their comfort zone with 60k United fans around them.
mwg

20th May 13 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd love to go to a United away game. Would like to do away at Arsenal or Chelsea. Bouncing round like nutters with Gary Neville and Paul Scholes
Whittie

20th May 13 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg

Exactly this at OT. Stood up and was asked to sit down, WTF Obviously the Stretford end has the more hard core fans their, not sat in their I dont think before.

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J

I've witnessed similar at OT. Not having a pop either as our home support is shit 9 times out of 10.

Our away support is awesome tho. But as said, its usually the hardcore who will travel, and are more likely to be vocal.

Same goes for you lot, went to Arsenal Liverpool, and you could only hear our fans! You lot came to Anfield and my god you didn't shut up! It's so weird.
Ben J

20th May 13 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It boils my piss. My inlaws are season ticket holders, and live 10 miles from the ground and get to go to every home game. Then they get there and sit down all game and occasionally clap.

What a fucking waste.

[Edited on 20-05-2013 by Ben J]
Whittie

20th May 13 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The one thing I hate about some games, is when you get a numpty behind you that gives the worlds shittest commentary of the events unfolding
Nath

20th May 13 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The one thing I hate about some games, is when you get a numpty behind you that gives the worlds shittest commentary of the events unfolding

This is why I am not renewing my ST. I get non-stop bullshit from the bloke behind me. Plus as said away games are better, so the aim is to do more of those next year instead.
Ben J

20th May 13 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you not move your ST???

Is it standing or seated?
Jamie Walby

20th May 13 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate general fickle/negative comments form fans at football matches.
Ben J

20th May 13 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One game I was at the guy in front of me basically spent the entire match calling everyone of our players a useless cunt. I was wondering why he bothered going.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Here we go, arm chairs everywhere 23 database queries in 0.0170860 seconds