corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » radical vs old golf at the 'ring.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author radical vs old golf at the 'ring.
Ojc

User status: Offline
24th May 13 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Arent you calling him for adjusting his line?

Yes I am, theres no need to adjust his line because its not a corner, its a very slight gradient in the road that you would treat as straight which = looking out for other stuff coming from behind!

[Edited on 24-05-2013 by Steve]

Wrong, before the gradient you ever so slightly swap sides of the track.

I'd say radical is in wrong for going for the ridiculous overtake at that speed on a track day.
taylorboosh

24th May 13 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oooooo we really do have a good old fashioned elite off on our hands now..
taylorboosh

24th May 13 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who will be lord of the ring?
Ojc

24th May 13 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I doubt the Golf driver even saw the Radical approaching at that speed, Golf has correct line and Radical should make his presence known before going for an overtake at that speed.

Disgusting driving and downright dangerous
Steve
Premium Member

24th May 13 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ojc is rubbish driver anyway. Kept up with him for ten mins in a 125bhp Puma against a 260bhp astra vxr

Ps. Your boyfriend lee disagrees with you
taylorboosh

24th May 13 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We need paulj and fastasucan in here for a proper debate imo
taylorboosh

24th May 13 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Puma is a racing car though
Col004

24th May 13 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

50/50 that, an unfortunate trackday incident. The golf should of noticed a faster car approaching and moved to the right. But the guy in the golf is only human and could of easily missed him due to the fast approch of the radical as the golf driver could of possibly been a novice.
The guy in the radical could of been in control and avoided that incident and should of eased off the throttle approaching the golf. It's a public driving day for every one (novice or pro) to enjoy and is not a race.

IMO of course

[Edited on 24-05-2013 by Col004]
Y869 SRA

24th May 13 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
quote:
If you want to apply a road situation to it, then its like going past someone on a dual carraigeway for them to suddenly decide they want to be in that lane and cut across into you without looking

[Edited on 24-05-2013 by Steve]

And then you hitting the back of them so its still your fault..

Golf looks like hes taking that line, radical should ease off and go past after the bend instead of going for a tiny gap, causing a big high speed accident and then driving away with out giving two fucks about the people hes just shunted into a wall

This.
smcGSI16V

24th May 13 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Radicals fault.

It's not a race and he can see the golf is middle of the road, why try squeezing into a gap that is only going to disappear going round the corner.

And having done in the region of about 50 laps of the place always expect the unpredictable.

And yes Steve that is classed as one of the corners on the track so is technically a corner whether you you have to brake for it or not.

And at the speed it approached the golf I don't believe he would have seen it coming, bearing in mind this looks like a track day, so the golf would have been expecting less traffic up his arse compared to a tourisfaren day.

Mind you the golf driver steering wheel control is a bit suspect.

[Edited on 24-05-2013 by smcGSI16V]
SVM 286

24th May 13 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=05Aq0___M74

courtesy of graham88.

who's at fault then? golf for turning in or radical for not being more aware?

I've watched it loads of times and having not driven the track, i'd find it hard to say.

The Golf does move over, but then isn't it his right to, dependant on track position, speed and the way the terrain flows at that point?

The Radical driver appears to be a bit reckless, but then he's in a very fast car and fast cars tend to make some people reckless.

I'd hate to have to be the one to place blame, legally or morally because after repeating approx ten seconds of that clip about twenty times, I can't decide.

It does appear at first viewing that the Radical just crashes into the Golf, but then the Golf does close a gap. That said, the Golf driver has said he couldn't/didn't see the Radical approach.

I think the Radical driver needs to pick his moments more carefully and realise that he's not in the middle of a one make race.

Also, i'm amazed the Radical got away without crashing.
Graham88

25th May 13 at 00:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm more in disbelief that the Radical didn't stop really. He had no idea if he'd caused any injury or worse. Certainly not in the spirit of trackdays!

As for the accident I call it a trackday incident. Both parties are at fault I'd say. Yes Golf should have been using his mirrors more perhaps, but I've had it in instances where you look behind you and a few seconds later a car is right up your chuff, particularly Radicals as they're insanely fast. The Golf was taking the same route through the corner as I do, smooth and an almost constant steering angle, there was no obvious move to the right and therefore no invitation for the Radical to overtake.
I have done laps where I'm going past cars at double the speed when they are off the line and I could have mis-interpreted their movements and they cut me off almost certainly causing a crash, so I can sympathise with why the Radical driver would think its a gap.

I still think Radical drivers are generally cocks with complete disregard for the fact everything else on track is alot slower, particularly on bends they have no patience in waiting for somebody to finish their corner and move after, they put a nose in and make it awkward. The fact he didn't stop sums up my opinion of them.
Graeme
Premium Member

25th May 13 at 00:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Radical was trying to make a gap that wasent there. Overtaking on a corner and could of backed off long before it happened as could see it happening a mile off.

Yes the golf maybe should of looked in his mirrors but the speed the radical was doing would be very hard to see and not as if he could of moved quickly doing that speed.

Maybe the golf should have stayed a bit more right but its always the responsibility of the faster driver behind to overtake responsibly. Which he didnt and by not stoping makes him a bit of a bell.
essexboi

25th May 13 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The radical should have atleast stopped!! Not just for the golf drivers sake but because there may have been some fatal damage to his car which may have caused another crash further on! I reckon it was the golf drivers fault for not moving over and looking out for faster cars, I've never been to the ring but you are always going to have people over taking you in faster cars and should always be aware of that!
AK

25th May 13 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1 point from experience....

Have you ever raced/been on a trackday with a radical.

That ARE very hard to see clearly in your mirrors.
AK

25th May 13 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve - If you need to turn the wheel to go round a part of track its a corner, regardless off its sharpness.

If a corner exists people should be taking the fastest 'line' through it... i.e trying to straighten it.
gazza808

25th May 13 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know how any one can argue that the golf is at fault. Not at one point did I see a gap big enough for the radical to shoot up the inside. It's only a slight corner but he still tried to throw it up the inside.
Of course the golf would move over going round there why wouldn't he :/

It's a track day not a race, some people don't seem too know the difference.
AK

25th May 13 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why didnt he stop??!

The last thing you want to be doing is stopping on track.
Ian
Site Administrator

25th May 13 at 11:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smcGSI16V
why try squeezing into a gap that is only going to disappear going round the corner.

This.

I'm undecided whether the Golf should have seen him. He was flying but I can't see any mirror checks in the Golf POV in the time before closing the door.

I think ultimately, not a race and if you drive like it is you'll cause that.
AK

25th May 13 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

watched it now....

Golf perhaps did move more than needed but his driving doesn't exactly look great so cant really assume to much.

He didnt appear to look in his mirrors.

I'd blame the golf in fact. It was slow and wondering about the track
Steve
Premium Member

25th May 13 at 12:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People that know agree
Ben G

25th May 13 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
People that know agree

i don't know and i agree although i also agree the radical shouldn't have tried to squeeze through and should've been more cautious.
3CorsaMeal

25th May 13 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I blame the nurburgring
SVM 286

25th May 13 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed. Should be closed or at least have a 30 mph limit enforced tbh.
Ojc

25th May 13 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ojc is rubbish driver anyway. Kept up with him for ten mins in a 125bhp Puma against a 260bhp astra vxr

Ps. Your boyfriend lee disagrees with you

No you didn't pmsl

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » radical vs old golf at the 'ring. 22 database queries in 0.0167589 seconds