corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » On the spot fines for hogging middle lane

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author On the spot fines for hogging middle lane
mwg

User status: Offline
5th Jun 13 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Driving behind them flashing your lights sometimes works
Jambo

5th Jun 13 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
The only thing that does my head in more than middle lane drivers, is when a motorway spends about 10 years getting an extra lane put in and when the fucker is finally built, no cunt uses the inside most lane anymore and sits in the 2nd, basically turning the thing back into a 3 lane motorway again

This is quite possibly the most infuriating thing in the ENTIRE world.
JonnyJ

5th Jun 13 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad its not just me but i did not sit at 50mph for nearly thirty miles, for 2 years to have some cunt make the whole thing redundant.
Carl

5th Jun 13 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Driving behind them flashing your lights sometimes works

Not always although! I used to undertake a lot but as every year goes by i get more angry and now tend to flash them and if they don't then move I overtake them and give them a demo of how to move over into lane 1.

I'm all for this ruling and struggle to see why people don't get it, middle lane drivers are dangerously ablivious to other drivers. If people used the motorway correctly their would be a lot less traffic!
Jimbothebarbarian

5th Jun 13 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just an excuse to fleece the cash cow that is the motorist IMHO. No need for extra powers etc the rozzers can pull you over and bollock offenders.

All that'll happen now is over enthusiastic stealth tax collection people AKA the police will go mental at the end of the month to get the conviction rates up....
Nath

5th Jun 13 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's it like for you in the middle lane? Cosy?
Jimbothebarbarian

5th Jun 13 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
What's it like for you in the middle lane? Cosy?

Who me? Nah I sit in the outside lane flashing at lesser motorists to get out of my expert way...

Fecking commoners.....
Generation

5th Jun 13 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tax collection people aka the police? Wtf?
Jimbothebarbarian

5th Jun 13 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Tax collection people aka the police? Wtf?

I see sarcasm is utterly lost in this thread? Wtf? Do you think the feckless morons who sit in the middle lane will now magically stop? No, because they are feckless idiots. The same as the Muppets you see everyday on mobiles or without seatbelts etc etc.

Take yourself for example. Have you stopped speeding because speed cameras came out? No, you may sit on your interweb keyboard and preach as much as you like about what a top bloke and superb driver you are, but like the rest of us, you will frequently flaunt the law in countless ways. The only thing you are doing is playing a game of chance as to when or where you'll. Get caught. One day you will be, and you'll be gutted just like the fools who sit in the middle lane. You will also pay your fine like the rest of them...

That is the point I'm trying to make, badly it seems.

[Edited on 05-06-2013 by Jimbothebarbarian]
Generation

5th Jun 13 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Magically no? If it gets enforced and people start moaning about it, word will quickly get around, more people will do it. Obviously not everybody. However it's different to comparison about speed, as their speed wouldn't necessarily be changing, by going jnto correct lane .

Badly made point indeed, need to relax a bit it would seem. First 4 lines if second paragraph is compleltly irrelevant to this story. Speeding fines/ points are there to deter people, yes most of us do speed, I'm not for one moment sayig I don't, however if I was to get 6 points I wouldn't be

[Edited on 05-06-2013 by Generation]
Jimbothebarbarian

5th Jun 13 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm very relaxed to be fair chap and the first four lines in the second paragraph are very relevant actually. As you well know speeding is as prevalent now as it has ever been just like people on mobiles and not wearing seatbelts. That's my point the only change is the fact more money is coming in.

Don't get me wrong, these divots in the middle lane drive me mad as well it's enough to make you want to sit on there arse flashing your lights at them......oh hang on.....
Generation

5th Jun 13 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

see your point better now.
I still don't think it compares, ask yourself why people speed. Then ask yourself why people sitting in the wrong lanes. So for that reason I don't think the two can be compared
Jimbothebarbarian

5th Jun 13 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it all boils down to the genuine fact that human nature seems to dictate every cunt thinks they know/are better than the law or rules.
Generation

5th Jun 13 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not everybody
Dom

5th Jun 13 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt L
....highway code says its a 2 second gap..

Isn't that around 200ft @ 70mph? Fair old distance that to the car infront

Fair play to on the spot fines for middle lane hoggers; highway code is reasonably (yes i agree it could be better defined) clear on keeping left so there's no reason to be a tit in the middle whilst your not overtaking.
Tiger

5th Jun 13 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it's a fucking great idea, is say up the fine to £200, I hate middle lane pricks that drive at 60mph when they aren't overtaking anything.
richardworrall
Premium Member

5th Jun 13 at 22:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't understand the middle laners that actually move from the middle lane to the slow lane as you approach from behind, then as you've overtaken pull back into the middle lane, even though there's still nothing for them to overtake.
Generation

5th Jun 13 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If road is compleltly empty.

And I means COMPLETLY, like at 3am, ill sit in middle lane, any hint of headlights in the distance ill move to inside.
j10E W

5th Jun 13 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should do it for the people in the outside lane aswell that sit there at 70
And dont move over when theres a que of cars behind them
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

6th Jun 13 at 00:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
The only thing that does my head in more than middle lane drivers, is when a motorway spends about 10 years getting an extra lane put in and when the fucker is finally built, no cunt uses the inside most lane anymore and sits in the 2nd, basically turning the thing back into a 3 lane motorway again

This is quite possibly the most infuriating thing in the ENTIRE world.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Tiger

6th Jun 13 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Middle lane drivers:

Ben G

6th Jun 13 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jonnyj will love the new m25 section near me. It's now 4 lanes of freshly smooth tarmac and most shitcunts only use the 2 outside lanes.

Even lorries i've seen sitting in lane 2 when lane 1 is empty.
Gary
Premium Member

6th Jun 13 at 11:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

M62 by me is going to a managed motorway so the hard shoulder will be avail able to use if the signs say so. it's operational between 27 and 28 but noone used it when i was last on so just resulted in me tanking down past all the traffic.
Steve
Premium Member

6th Jun 13 at 11:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I swear this morning the motorway was better than usual with people actually moving over and the outside lane was pretty clear.

Or perhaps i was just seeing things
Gary
Premium Member

6th Jun 13 at 11:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will be your imagination as these people who hog the middle land dont think they are doing anything wrong so an announcement of wankers being fined won't register with them

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » On the spot fines for hogging middle lane 23 database queries in 0.0194509 seconds