corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » free track day you say?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author free track day you say?
Butler

User status: Offline
19th Jun 14 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with everything JR is saying here.

Furthermore, I think the only viable solution is to add a clause in the ticket sales stating that if, as a spectator, you actively attempt anything which may or does disrupt track proceedings, you will be liable to refund costs to the circuit, in addition to a minimum compensation charge for all participants effected.

If Brands Hatch really wanted to make a point – which I really think they should – I can't see why they couldn't prosecute for trespassing in a civil court.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

19th Jun 14 at 15:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by jr

Why should a club motorsport event have to pay for security costs to stop what is blatently wrong

Because unfortunately idiots do, and will always exist.

We shouldn't have to take our shoes off at the airport, but as the world isn't free of morons considerations should be taken

But we have to take our shoes off because people have previously tried to blow up planes with explosives in shoes, it wasn't a precautionary measure, it was a reactive measure. I can't say I've ever seen a story, before this one, where a random member of the public has drove on to a race track during a race, so why would the kind of normal thinking people involved in organising the event, ever expect that they needed extra security for something that they'd never think that someone might do? I'd only expect to see security about if it was a big event like F1 etc. and even then I'd expect it to be more to do with the security of the drivers, cars and expensive kit that would be about, rather than stopping Joe Bloggs from going for a mooch around the track whilst cars are racing.

[Edited on 19-06-2014 by Mike]
AndyCorsaSport

19th Jun 14 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bla bla bla. There's lots of things in tha world that shouldn't be done, but if everyone stuck to the rules the world would be a fucking boring place.

Driving into a live race is no more dangerous than speeding. Which we all know shouldn't be done, does it stop us? No. Let's hear from all the do gooders now that "never break the speed limit"
Butler

19th Jun 14 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
Bla bla bla. There's lots of things in tha world that shouldn't be done, but if everyone stuck to the rules the world would be a fucking boring place.

Driving into a live race is no more dangerous than speeding. Which we all know shouldn't be done, does it stop us? No. Let's hear from all the do gooders now that "never break the speed limit"

Balling
Premium Member

19th Jun 14 at 16:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus Andy, I hope that's sarcasm.

Dom

19th Jun 14 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awww diddums, he's being getting death threats; what did he expect after setting up a support page to gloat about it?
http://www.kentonline.co.uk/tonbridge/news/brands-hatch-death-threats-18860/

quote:
Bla bla bla.

What an awesome intellect reply there Andy; good work, keep it up

Edit - He doesn't appear to be happy

[Edited on 19-06-2014 by Dom]
AndyCorsaSport

19th Jun 14 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No sarcasm at all.
Jambo

19th Jun 14 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yolo cunt
sc0ott

19th Jun 14 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Death threats lol, are they ever legit threats. Nope.

Kyle T
Premium Member

19th Jun 14 at 17:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ian
Site Administrator

19th Jun 14 at 17:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
if everyone stuck to the rules the world would be a fucking boring place.

That's such a cliché.

That race wasn't boring and he didn't make it more interesting by driving on there. In fact he made the entire series less interesting because the result is now a load of shit. Thanks to him.

If he's interested in living more dangerously - that's fine - go and do a day there. I've certainly never prepped a car and paid to go on there and thought it was more boring than had I stayed at home.

He's welcome to not lead a boring life - same as anyone else - but don't be a twat and don't ruin a race for other people. Such a poor argument to say he's improved things by going on there. For himself perhaps because his twatty rude boy mates probably think he's more of a ledge, but outside that circle everyone can see him for the cunt that he is.

Surprised that anyone at all interested in car events is endorsing the disruption of one. Perhaps its particularly raw for me because I attend and contribute to organising them so can see what a little wanker he is for interfering with that. But it shouldn't be hard to work out that there were a lot of people there to watch a race - not some cunt.

Hope the racers get their money back. Hope it doesn't lead to additional expense to run events, or diminish the spectating experience for those who pay to go and support it.

If he wants to lead a non-boring life, get a hobby like we all have. Obviously wants to drive on a track, so crack on then, lets see those big balls. I'll give him a passenger ride if he even shows up at anything I attend, lets see how his ego stands up to being sideways in to Quarry or on two wheels around Carlube.

YOLO indeed.
Corsa_Sport21

19th Jun 14 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What would be the job of the track marshals at an event like this?? Solely track side or all aspects of getting to the track etc??
SVM 286

19th Jun 14 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
i would say its fucking stupid and not even slightly funny ?

Indeed.
SVM 286

19th Jun 14 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC

""The arrest comes as one driver involved in the race threatened to bring a class law suit against the driver.

Rod Barrett said he had been racing in the Fun Cup race when it was red flagged on Saturday.

He said he had reached third position, after starting in 13th position, and a win was not out of the question.

He added: "This idiot caused us and other teams to accept our positions prematurely so cost us and others championship points.

"Fun Cup competitors pay a lot of money for our track time and in race fees.

"I am therefore looking at the legal possibilities of starting a combined law suit/class action against this moron to re-claim our race fees and costs as he ruined our race.

"With 26 teams or so in play at an average cost per team of say £4,000, then he could be looking at £104,000 plus legal fees in compensation. That will wipe the smile of his stupid face for many years to come!"

A man was earlier named as the driver who apparently bypassed security at the circuit to enter a race.

Now the event organisers have confirmed an inquiry has been set up by police, track and race officials to establish how the driver was able to get onto the course.

But the alleged driver has defended his actions, claiming "you only live once"""

Superb.
John

19th Jun 14 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone who uses the phrase yolo should probably be culled anyway.
SVM 286

19th Jun 14 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think 'peeled' would be preferable John.
SVM 286

19th Jun 14 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
quote:

AndyCorsaSport

19th Jun 14 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok so what's more dangerous? A car driving on track, where there are experienced race drivers, expecting other cars on track, and have to be ready for a slow car infront of them, like a broken down car etc.

Or a car doing 50 in a 30, someone pulling out/stepping into the road?

Neither are right, I don't see anywhere where I said what he did was right? I just think people are blowing it way out of proportion. He drove on a track, he shouldn't have. No1 died. No accidents occured.
SVM 286

19th Jun 14 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You just don't do it Andy. It's not normal or correct or right or funny.

It's a shitty, selfish, cuntish thing to do. Frankly the bloke deserves a fucking good pasting so he might learn the scale of his personality disorder.

He'd have probably been one of the spoiled, middle class pseudo 'street' arseholes that thought it was fine to join in the 'fun' when parts of London were being smashed and looted and burned three years ago, given the opportunity.

I hope he gets everything that's coming to him and more.
fir3vip3r

20th Jun 14 at 07:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ok so what's more dangerous? A car driving on track, where there are experienced race drivers, expecting other cars on track, and have to be ready for a slow car infront of them, like a broken down car etc.

Neither are right, I don't see anywhere where I said what he did was right? I just think people are blowing it way out of proportion. He drove on a track, he shouldn't have. No1 died. No accidents occured.

There are literally no words.

jr

20th Jun 14 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fir3vip3r
quote:

seconded
JordyCarter

20th Jun 14 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope the lad gets some sort of punishment but not sued or anything. I think its actually a good thing it happened as now that track and other tracks can up there security. Thank god the lad was messing around and not a proper nutter with intent to hurt on the track
AndyCorsaSport

20th Jun 14 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
Originally posted by fir3vip3r
quote:

seconded

fucking hilarious.
Dom

20th Jun 14 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
fucking hilarious.

What, your own stupidity and inability to understand why people are pissed off? Yes, it's hilarious

Him dangerously and recklessly joining a live track is only part of the issue, it's the fact that this selfish act has pissed on it all from a massive height which not only affected the drivers (those on and waiting to go on track) on the day, especially financially, but is now likely to have a massive knock-on affect for future race meetings for both drivers and fans - limited access for fans, extra costs to drivers and teams due to increased security etc.

It really isn't that difficult to 'get', Andy.
gazza808

20th Jun 14 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people blame immigration for this country going down the pan,

its people with a mentality like this person and andycorsasport who some how think this is ok, they are the reason this country is going down the pan.
i see it with my little brothers mates and the youth of today are grade a bell ends.

[Edited on 20-06-2014 by gazza808]

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » free track day you say? 23 database queries in 0.0107431 seconds